SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

On 5/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

On the topic of banners and participation trophies, this should stir the pot.

206668110_ScreenShot2019-05-01at11_00_20AM.png.e9ee95aaf4d9554140f56ba9f5c61eef.png

Hint Hint.  SCSU.  

2019-NCHC Season Champ, One and Done.

2018-NCHC Season Champ, One and Done.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Looks like both UAA and Alaska will be moving to on-campus arenas.

Interesting.  I don't know anything about this, so maybe I'm off base here...but, wasn't it a very short time ago that they were having financial issues and were thinking about combining into 1 athletic dept. or something like that?  You may have to refresh my memory there.  And now they have the funds to build 2 new arenas?

48 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Interesting.  I don't know anything about this, so maybe I'm off base here...but, wasn't it a very short time ago that they were having financial issues and were thinking about combining into 1 athletic dept. or something like that?  You may have to refresh my memory there.  And now they have the funds to build 2 new arenas?

Neither can afford to use the nicer arenas in town anymore so they are both moving to their practice facilities. They are on par with ASU's current rink. Their governor is gutting education statewide. Rob Port would be proud.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Neither can afford to use the nicer arenas in town anymore so they are both moving to their practice facilities. They are on par with ASU's current rink. Their governor is gutting education statewide. Rob Port would be proud.

They are renovating and expanding each arena.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:00 AM, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah don’t see SCSU in top 3, maybe not even top 5 with their losses. We’ll see how they adjust to their losses. 

Western lost both their starting and backup goalies. And aside from that, I am not drinking their koolaid. They never do anything of note even when they’re supposed to be good. 

I got UND ahead of both. 

I get that, we have a history of not doing anything.  I'm drinking so much koolaid though, we're going to have more talent then we've ever had.  No goalie, but it's not like we had a world beater last year.  

That said, if we have a great year I can totally see us SCSU-ing it and losing in the 1st round against a #4 seed.  That's just how we roll. 

30 minutes ago, ubish said:

I get that, we have a history of not doing anything.  I'm drinking so much koolaid though, we're going to have more talent then we've ever had.  No goalie, but it's not like we had a world beater last year.  

That said, if we have a great year I can totally see us SCSU-ing it and losing in the 1st round against a #4 seed.  That's just how we roll. 

Obviously I meant no disrespect, Western has some good players but I just feel like lacking that solid goaltender might hold them back from taking that extra step forward. They’ve been in the mix the last several years but seem kind of at a standstill. 

1 hour ago, ubish said:

True, your goalie wasn't a world beater, except against us.  Sometimes losing those goalies works out great for teams,  like when Duluth lost Kaskisuo and then Hunter Miska.  You guys certainly should put up your share of goals, so even if it takes a while for your goaltender to get comfortable you should be able to pick up the slack.  For sure need NCHC teams to do well in the non conference part of their schedules to bring all our pairwise up.  We certainly didn't hold up our end of the bargain last year in that regard. 

15 hours ago, cberkas said:

They are renovating and expanding each arena.

While true, both of them will be smaller than their current arenas.

The universities are to the point where they are considering closing dorms. The schools and their budgets are shrinking, it's just a matter of how much.