SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Great find!

I met Peter Stoykewych at a Colorado Springs Sky Sox baseball game of all places. He and some other CC players were there signing autographs and they saw me wearing a Winnipeg Jets shirt. Very cool guys. This story Peter shared about college hockey is one of many reasons why I think it’s the greatest game on earth. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Godsmack said:

He gets it.

"I think this story sums up college hockey in its truest sense: community. Looking back I realize college hockey isn’t really about going to class, tests, games, teachers, wins or losses at all. It’s about people. Relationships built with people that make a campus, dorm or classroom, not only a place to learn, but a home"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

And yet, despite all of Sandelin’s successes, he still will make less than Coach Mike Haviland at C.C. I do not say this to brag, in fact, I think it’s downright ridiculous that he’s one of the highest paid coaches in the country and he hasn’t accomplished anything during his tenure at CC.  

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

And yet, despite all of Sandelin’s successes, he still will make less than Coach Mike Haviland at C.C. I do not say this to brag, in fact, I think it’s downright ridiculous that he’s one of the highest paid coaches in the country and he hasn’t accomplished anything during his tenure at CC.  

If Miller didn't get millions, Sandy probably would have got more or the school learned a lesson from the Miller debacle.

17 hours ago, cberkas said:

If Miller didn't get millions, Sandy probably would have got more or the school learned a lesson from the Miller debacle.

Can you imagine the Miller legal team waiting in the wings to fire another lawsuit at the school if Sandy got paid what he is worth?

On 6/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, MafiaMan said:

My sources tell me that Anaheim had an offer in place, but UMD’s insistence on the Ducks taking @DrunkHockeyGuy along as part of the total package caused the deal to fall apart. 

Speaking of annoying Duluth fans:

Although calling Donna a reporter and not an internet feminist is factually incorrect.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

One of the better coaches in college hockey, contract pretty close to Berry's.
Good for Sandelin! He's brought the Bulldogs a long ways in his time at Duluth.
They'll be a team to reckon with for years to come.

Good for Sandelin for using the possibility of moving on to Anaheim as leverage for a new contract in Duluth.  Now it'll be interesting to see if anything does come of the Anaheim rumors - Sounds like he's is still in the mix for that HC job.

Well....the Mooch just got slightly better!!

https://www.kare11.com/article/sports/u-of-m-alcohol-sales-approved-at-select-sports-venues/89-9d43d5cd-db82-4558-9f69-bb9fcd668431

U of M alcohol sales approved at select sports venues

Starting with the upcoming 2019-20 athletic seasons fans will be able to purchase beer and wine from all seating areas at both 3M Arena at Mariucci for hockey games and Williams Arena for basketball games.