SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My goodness is Wisconsin getting a player in Cole Caufield.....talk about a kid who can flat out finish....kid always finds the soft spot in the zone and great hands in traffic.  

And he just tied Ovechkin for goals in a tournament.....

Lindmark and Turcotte aren’t too shabby either. If Wisconsin has enough grit guys, they could be pretty scary.  Like BU, their window with a few of these guys may be pretty short.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

My goodness is Wisconsin getting a player in Cole Caufield.....talk about a kid who can flat out finish....kid always finds the soft spot in the zone and great hands in traffic.  

And he just tied Ovechkin for goals in a tournament.....

Kids unreal.  He’ll need a nice center though.

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Lindmark and Turcotte aren’t too shabby either. If Wisconsin has enough grit guys, they could be pretty scary.  Like BU, their window with a few of these guys may be pretty short.

Turcotte will go top 4.  Wisco will be nice next year and even better the year after.

11 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Turcotte will go top 4.  Wisco will be nice next year and even better the year after.

Not a chance Turcotte goes top 4, maybe top 10, probably between 12 and 16. Zegras is going to go before him for sure, he's a top 6 talent. He was the center on the Caulfield Hughes lines the last two games. That kid is special, unbelievable vision and awareness. Whoever takes him and I hope it's my team the Blackhawks. I do want them to take Bowen though. Imagine Zegras's vision setting up Kaner or Debrincat(although he has that in Strome).

15 hours ago, Sioux1988 said:

Not a chance Turcotte goes top 4, maybe top 10, probably between 12 and 16. Zegras is going to go before him for sure, he's a top 6 talent. He was the center on the Caulfield Hughes lines the last two games. That kid is special, unbelievable vision and awareness. Whoever takes him and I hope it's my team the Blackhawks. I do want them to take Bowen though. Imagine Zegras's vision setting up Kaner or Debrincat(although he has that in Strome).

Not a chance huh...NHL CS has him at 4; all the top services have him at the very least top 9.  “Maybe top 10”. Maybe he doesn’t go there, but come on.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, tnt said:

Jury is still out on Granato IMO. He's got the talent coming in for sure, I'm still kind of in a "believe it when I see it" mode of thinking to see if he can piece it all together from a coaching standpoint.

p.s. They always have good classes on paper because they have 50 player classes it seems. I can't believe the commits they get at a certain point when most of them won't make it to campus.

Much like U of M lobbies to kneecap the MN state college system (Cloud, Kato, Bemidji), private colleges in MA lobby to lessen state funding for public colleges. Always happy to see UMass and Lowell succeed. Schools with endowments 10x-100x larger than the schools they bully are missing the whole point of education.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:59 AM, Wilbur said:

Jack Hughes just broke Ovi's record for total points at U-18 on an assist to a Cam York (Michigan) goal.

Bobby Brink (DENVER) has a goal, I bet @Goon is proud....:glare:

Why wouldn't I be proud of him? He's my sister's kid, my nephew. He's family, he played well this whole winter. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Why wouldn't I be proud of him? He's my sister's kid, my nephew. He's family, he played well this whole winter. 

It was more of a joke that he's going to Denver and you should have been a loving influence to attend our favorite school.;)

Question for ya.  Did he not want to play for the USDT?  Not try out?  Kid is a great player and I'm sure he will score a few on us. :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

It was more of a joke that he's going to Denver and you should have been a loving influence to attend our favorite school.;)

Question for ya.  Did he not want to play for the USDT?  Not try out?  Kid is a great player and I'm sure he will score a few on us. :lol:

I am going to have a talk with Scheel. :) That's one thing I haven't asked his father about. I text him a couple of times a week. The original plan was to play in Sioux City until the high school season started and then come back to Minnetonka for the season. He had such a great start that he stayed in Sioux City. Got hurt overseas during the Christmas break missed about 6-7 weeks came back and had one heck of a second half. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Goon said:

I am going to have a talk with Scheel. :) That's one thing I haven't asked his father about. I text him a couple of times a week. The original plan was to play in Sioux City until the high school season started and then come back to Minnetonka for the season. He had such a great start that he stayed in Sioux City. Got hurt overseas during the Christmas break missed about 6-7 weeks came back and had one heck of a second half. 

That Tonka team would have been unreal with him.  Wow.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:45 PM, Wilbur said:

Not on us, Goon has influence and the kid will hold up, hit few posts and call it a night...:whistling:

On 4/28/2019 at 9:59 AM, Wilbur said:

Bobby Brink (DENVER) has a goal, I bet @Goon is proud....:glare:

On 5/1/2019 at 2:01 PM, Goon said:

Wait, @Goon has some athletic talent in his immediate family?  Did those genes skip over him?  I think further genetics analysis is needed...

:lol:

Not sure where to post this but for the 6th year in a row hockey led the NCAA  in APR (academic progress rate).

I'm amazed it's not volleyball or softball, where four year athletes are always the norm.  

Good stat for college hockey.  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Wait, @Goon has some athletic talent in his immediate family?  Did those genes skip over him?  I think further genetics analysis is needed...

:lol:

I was actually a pretty good athlete when I was younger. I was fast and could run the two-minute mile in 11:30. Unfortunately, I have slowed down a bit with age. 

Now, I display great quickness at buffet tables. :) 

• Upvote 1