Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So, Matt Carle’s enjoying the spring with a Chrona, eh?  

Saltwater...in the afternoon...

 

 

(I’ll show myself out).

All I know is, the DU hockey program collectively has one huge magic horseshoe up their arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

All I know is, the DU hockey program collectively has one huge magic horseshoe up their arse. 

"The harder they work, the luckier they get".  Where have I heard that before?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

"The harder they work, the luckier they get".  Where have I heard that before?  

I heard they are changing those signs in the lobby to "The harder we work, the luckier the other team gets!"  :wink:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

All I know is, the DU hockey program collectively has one huge magic horseshoe up their arse. 

Yes ...... lucky.  They anticipated a stud departing early and had quality options to replace him.  Remember when we did that.  And we didn't call ourselves lucky then. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish said:

Yes ...... lucky.  They anticipated a stud departing early and had quality options to replace him.  Remember when we did that.  And we didn't call ourselves lucky then. 

No, I meant lucky in that many of their stud players tend to stick around longer than expected (Larrson notwithstanding). I wish we had guys of the caliber of Gambrell, Terry, and Lukosevicius sticking around to at least their junior, sometimes senior seasons. Jost was gone after one season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

No, I meant lucky in that many of their stud players tend to stick around longer than expected (Larrson notwithstanding). I wish we had guys of the caliber of Gambrell, Terry, and Lukosevicius sticking around to at least their junior, sometimes senior seasons. Jost was gone after one season. 

In that case you are correct and I'm not sure what to make of it.  I'm not convinced it's all luck but I don't know what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

No, I meant lucky in that many of their stud players tend to stick around longer than expected (Larrson notwithstanding). I wish we had guys of the caliber of Gambrell, Terry, and Lukosevicius sticking around to at least their junior, sometimes senior seasons. Jost was gone after one season. 

Jost is the exception though.  We've had plenty stick around for another 1-2 years after they've already had offers to leave.  Oshie, Toews, Boeser, etc come to mind.
Don't forget Joe Finley either.  ;):D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Jost is the exception though.  We've had plenty stick around for another 1-2 years after they've already had offers to leave.  Oshie, Toews, Boeser, etc come to mind.
Don't forget Joe Finley either.  ;):D 

Don’t forget LaDue, and Tucker and Colton Poolman.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Schlossman's daily column, it sounds like Duluth will only be losing Tufte and Anderson early. Looking at Seniors leaving / early departures, plus a few big time additions (Denver - Brink, WMU - Attard, UND - Pinto, Blaisdell), but not knowing each teams (outside of UNDs) recruiting classes very well, a couple quick thoughts.

  • The Top 5 in the NCHC is going to be really tough. I don't think we'll see a runaway winner like St. Cloud this past year and I do think the favorites will be Denver and Duluth, but I wouldn't feel confident picking the pre-season standings. The same Top 5 will finish in the Top 5, but who knows the order. I also think overall, the Top 5 will be more solid.
  • The 6-8 teams will finish the same as this year in some type of order. Also, the difference between the Top 5 and Bottom 3 will be wider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJS said:

Per Schlossman's daily column, it sounds like Duluth will only be losing Tufte and Anderson early. Looking at Seniors leaving / early departures, plus a few big time additions (Denver - Brink, WMU - Attard, UND - Pinto, Blaisdell), but not knowing each teams (outside of UNDs) recruiting classes very well, a couple quick thoughts.

  • The Top 5 in the NCHC is going to be really tough. I don't think we'll see a runaway winner like St. Cloud this past year and I do think the favorites will be Denver and Duluth, but I wouldn't feel confident picking the pre-season standings. The same Top 5 will finish in the Top 5, but who knows the order. I also think overall, the Top 5 will be more solid.
  • The 6-8 teams will finish the same as this year in some type of order. Also, the difference between the Top 5 and Bottom 3 will be wider.

With Shepard back, tough to not give UMD the nod. 

St. C & DU interchangable 2nd and 3rd

UND Western interchangable 4th and 5th

Agree bottom 3 interchangeable.

Thats my preseason pick as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

With Shepard back, tough to not give UMD the nod. 

St. C & DU interchangable 2nd and 3rd

UND Western interchangable 4th and 5th

Agree bottom 3 interchangeable.

Thats my preseason pick as of right now.

You think St. Cloud is going to stay that high with the losses they had?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

With Shepard back, tough to not give UMD the nod. 

St. C & DU interchangable 2nd and 3rd

UND Western interchangable 4th and 5th

Agree bottom 3 interchangeable.

Thats my preseason pick as of right now.

Yeah don’t see SCSU in top 3, maybe not even top 5 with their losses. We’ll see how they adjust to their losses. 

Western lost both their starting and backup goalies. And aside from that, I am not drinking their koolaid. They never do anything of note even when they’re supposed to be good. 

I got UND ahead of both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be photo shopped.... and i dont know whats cringier... photoshopping "national runner-up" on a trophy pic or this trophy actually existing.

I wonder if St. Clown has a " National 15th runner-up" trophy made up too?

Screenshot_20190424-231604_Twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This has to be photo shopped.... and i dont know whats cringier... photoshopping "national runner-up" on a trophy pic or this trophy actually existing.

I wonder if St. Clown has a " National 15th runner-up" trophy made up too?

Screenshot_20190424-231604_Twitter.jpg

The trophy exists. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see SCSU dipping quite a bit from their season this year after their losses and graduating seniors. I see a trio of UND, DU, and UMD (in any order) ahead of the rest of the pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This has to be photo shopped.... and i dont know whats cringier... photoshopping "national runner-up" on a trophy pic or this trophy actually existing.

I wonder if St. Clown has a " National 15th runner-up" trophy made up too?

Screenshot_20190424-231604_Twitter.jpg

They give out a trophy for winning the regional too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This has to be photo shopped.... and i dont know whats cringier... photoshopping "national runner-up" on a trophy pic or this trophy actually existing.

I wonder if St. Clown has a " National 15th runner-up" trophy made up too?

Screenshot_20190424-231604_Twitter.jpg

I remember Jeff Panzer skating off the ice with the National Runner-Up trophy in 2001.  Yea, what a cringeworthy moment of absolute embarrassment, losing the national championship game in OT.

Incredible achievement for UMass, a traditional doormat.  Their program has nothing to be ashamed of for how they played this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brianvf said:

I see SCSU dipping quite a bit from their season this year after their losses and graduating seniors. I see a trio of UND, DU, and UMD (in any order) ahead of the rest of the pack. 

I see . . .  I see . . . it's coming in now.    I see UND undefeated next year.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brianvf said:

I see SCSU dipping quite a bit from their season this year after their losses and graduating seniors. I see a trio of UND, DU, and UMD (in any order) ahead of the rest of the pack. 

If Allison stays at Western Michigan, I can see them in the mix as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I remember Jeff Panzer skating off the ice with the National Runner-Up trophy in 2001.  Yea, what a cringeworthy moment of absolute embarrassment, losing the national championship game in OT.

Incredible achievement for UMass, a traditional doormat.  Their program has nothing to be ashamed of for how they played this season. 

Like I said, these past couple of seasons are Karma for the pompous and haughty attitude of some of our fans.  Yes, we should be proud of our accomplishments, but other teams can be proud of their accomplishments as well.   It is all part of the building process.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This has to be photo shopped.... and i dont know whats cringier... photoshopping "national runner-up" on a trophy pic or this trophy actually existing.

I wonder if St. Clown has a " National 15th runner-up" trophy made up too?

 

They do hang banners for years the made the NCAA tournament.  (Or at least they did  when this picture was taken after the 2014 season).

st cloud.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tnt said:

If Allison stays at Western Michigan, I can see them in the mix as well. 

Only if they find a goalie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...