SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/03/11_Breaking-Harvard-Forfeits.php

This is pretty dumb.
Close the arena to the public?  Sure, I guess if you think that will help slow the virus.

But for the Harvard admins to ban the team from playing in the postseason?  That's ridiculous.
They could have had a shot at winning the conference title and advancing to the NCAA postseason...instead their season is done.

Word is that Yale might follow suit and withdraw as well.  :blink:

19 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UW dumpster fire continues.

Junior forward Sean Dhooghe has entered the NCAA transfer portal.
He's a super small (5'3") but fun player to watch.

C'mon Berry, bring home another transfer portal player to help for next season!  :)  

He would have to sit out a year though? Unless he has completed a degree...

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

UW dumpster fire continues.

Junior forward Sean Dhooghe has entered the NCAA transfer portal.
He's a super small (5'3") but fun player to watch.

C'mon Berry, bring home another transfer portal player to help for next season!  :)  

Don’t know how many games he played, but he had 5 goals 9 assists.  Does he want to transfer for playing time? For an impact guy like Michaud it was a no brainer, but bringing in a depth guy could create hard feelings in a tight group.  Do you sit a guy like Keane who has shown what kind of a great teammate he is? Not saying he shouldn't be a consideration, but sometimes it could upset the chemistry.   Sometimes it could even upset guys that get pushed back another year, which could happen, especially if it was a late add.  Hard decisions sometimes.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, tnt said:

Don’t know how many games he played, but he had 5 goals 9 assists.  Does he want to transfer for playing time? For an impact guy like Michaud it was a no brainer, but bringing in a depth guy could create hard feelings in a tight group.  Do you sit a guy like Keane who has shown what kind of a great teammate he is? Not saying he shouldn't be a consideration, but sometimes it could upset the chemistry.   Sometimes it could even upset guys that get pushed back another year, which could happen, especially if it was a late add.  Hard decisions sometimes.

Be somewhat interesting to see where he goes. UND doesn't need him and I hope UND isn't wasting their time talking to him. Just saying. 

Maybe a good fit for St. Cloud or a team in the NCHC that has had past success with smaller forwards. 

9 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Be somewhat interesting to see where he goes. UND doesn't need him and I hope UND isn't wasting their time talking to him. Just saying. 

Maybe a good fit for St. Cloud or a team in the NCHC that has had past success with smaller forwards. 

Arizona. He committed to Arizona on tweeter

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

CC bringing their coach back next year

thoughts @Godsmack

I listened to the AD, Leslie Irvine’s interview on the local sports talk radio this afternoon and nothing too meaningful was said. I heard the phrase, “championship culture” sprinkled in her comments roughly a dozen times and all I could think about was, “1957.” This was the last year CC won a national championship. 

Apathy among fans has started to replace anger and disappointment and that cannot be good for the long term success of the program. If nothing else, Haviland should have already replaced his assistant coaches, particularly RJ Enga who’s been there since before Haviland ever arrived six years ago. 

https://gazette.com/sports/colorado-college-athletic-director-irvine-haviland-will-be-our-coach/article_8bfc9700-6e12-11ea-98a1-5b88acb7c538.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR3xON0D9sQDFZ25pyfspgv_KvChVTv06APqFFfkRdC6e3VPD_QGNezb7ws

Two CC players in the transfer portal:

Sam Renlund and Bailey Conger.  Conger has already transferred once...going from Providence to CC for a year at each.  Maybe he can become the first NCAA hockey player to play for 4 teams, just play one season a piece at each school!

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Two CC players in the transfer portal:

Sam Renlund and Bailey Conger.  Conger has already transferred once...going from Providence to CC for a year at each.  Maybe he can become the first NCAA hockey player to play for 4 teams, just play one season a piece at each school!

Think he'll every get married?

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Extra year of eligibility granted to spring but not winter athletes. 
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/28972856/ncaa-approves-extra-year-eligibility-spring-athletes

Makes sense to me. Would have been hard to justify granting another year of eligibility to winter sports when some teams seasons were over. Yes it sucks for seniors who didn't get the chance to compete for a national title but it's the way they had to go in my opinion.