SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

11 hours ago, Goon said:

I remember back in the early 2000sthe GFRR goalie had to serve his misconduct for spouting off to the official. Plus reading the twitter comments all the Canadians going you can’t do this goalies don’t serve penalties was quite amusing. 

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hey, they said there was 2,000 people there.

“were,” not “was,” in that instance, Wilbur...

Take away that comma and a 0 and now you’re in the ballpark of actual attendance.

Edited by MafiaMan
brianvf discovered that my auto-correct function incorrectly corrected “were” to “we’re.” Thanks!
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

“we’re,” not “was,” in that instance, Wilbur...

Take away that comma and a 0 and now you’re in the ballpark of actual attendance.

We’re?

Then it doesn’t make any sense unless you mean “were”. 
:D

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Cratter said:

Playing in empty arenas has to hurt recruiting in Minnesota (and the Big Ten).

Things are pretty bad when your own (Minnesota) player has this to say about his own home crowd this weekend:

For the second year in a row, the Gophers drew a small playoff crowd — “Small? I don’t think there was anyone here,” as goalie Jack LaFontaine put it.

Ouch.

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-hockey-shut-out-1-0-by-notre-dame-in-opening-game-of-big-ten-tournament-series/568580182/

43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Things are pretty bad when your own (Minnesota) player has this to say about his own home crowd this weekend:

Ouch.

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-hockey-shut-out-1-0-by-notre-dame-in-opening-game-of-big-ten-tournament-series/568580182/

That's just crazy.
Potential recruits can't get excited about going to a college that has less people attend the games than their HS or junior teams.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I haven't been over at that campus in a while, but sounds like the Arizona State will be breaking ground soon on their arena.

https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehockey/comments/er4bo8/updated_arizona_state_hockey_arena_news_thisis/

I'm down in Phoenix, and I hear so many conflicting stories about this rink and when ground is supposedly going to break on it.
Most people even have different spots where it is going to be located.  :D

Also, $110m for a 5k seat arena?

Now there's a contractor making sweet bank on that deal!  ;) 

Just now, brianvf said:

I'm down in Phoenix, and I hear so many conflicting stories about this rink and when ground is supposedly going to break on it.
Most people even have different spots where it is going to be located.  :D

Also, $110m for a 5k seat arena?

Now there's a contractor making sweet bank on that deal!  ;) 

I'm not surprised on the cost, just how long it takes to get these projects done down here. 

I know this isn’t college hockey related but former DU coach George Gwozdecky is coaching high school hockey in Colorado at Valor Christian. Last night, Valor beat Fort Collins, 1-0 in five overtimes in the Colorado state high school championship game. The real story is that the Ft. Collins goalie made 84 saves.

https://chsaanow.com/2020-03-10/goal-in-fifth-ot-lifts-valor-christian-over-fort-collins-for-first-state-hockey-title/

• Upvote 2