SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

So the last two years we will have not made the NCAA tournament, killed the streak of hosting first round of the NCHC conference playoff, will now kill the streak of making the Final Faceoff. Yeah, Berry has done a bang up job alright. He is running this program right into the ground. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jodcon said:

I've only been able to pick up a few games this year but it looked like they moved and controlled the puck pretty well but just didn't seem to be deadly around the net, is that how it's been this year? 

You effin nailed it buddy.  And right now I hear Tim Hennessey apologizing again for lack of scoring, basically saying bad puck luck ("no bounces").  This team's lack of ability at finishing/scoring is so inept they can't even buy a greasy goal. 

I'd like to think I can look forward to next year but I can't. It feels like the end of the Gino gasparini years when he couldn't win.  But at least we knew that he could develop teams and had proven he could win....so at least we always had some faith or at the very least hope. With Barry all we know is he can manage and win a championship when a team is handed to him, but has shown very little success in developing HIS team. AND so moving forward into next season...ughhh.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, crb1 said:

So the last two years we will have not made the NCAA tournament, killed the streak of hosting first round of the NCHC conference playoff, will now kill the streak of making the Final Faceoff. Yeah, Berry has done a bang up job alright. He is running this program right into the ground. 

Hey, hey.  Berry won us a natty.  Fire Haks!