SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Any clue as to what the Minn ST-Mankato coach makes?  I would hope we could double his salary, couldn't we or is he getting big bucks down there?  I realize they play in the weaker WCHA but he has them in top 10 or maybe even top 5 in the Pairwise in a college town similar in size to GF with no real hockey tradition of any pedigree and yet competing with ST Clown, Duluth, and U Minn.  Plus, he was the recent US coach in the junior (under 18?) world championships this past winter.  Some hockey experts must recognize he's got coaching talent, hey?     

Would love to have Hastings.  But....he isn't a "Sioux".  No chance they hire him.  Too bad.  #culture

I'm watching the Class B hoops final tomorrow...this game was a microcosm of the whole shi++y season.  Completely dominate the first period in possession, shots, chances, and had a terrific forecheck that kept DU scrambling in their own end.  Give up a goal with less than a minute left (their 2nd SOG?) and go into intermission down 1-0.  Fu##!

35 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Any clue as to what the Minn ST-Mankato coach makes?  I would hope we could double his salary, couldn't we or is he getting big bucks down there?  I realize they play in the weaker WCHA but he has them in top 10 or maybe even top 5 in the Pairwise in a college town similar in size to GF with no real hockey tradition of any pedigree and yet competing with ST Clown, Duluth, and U Minn.  Plus, he was the recent US coach in the junior (under 18?) world championships this past winter.  Some hockey experts must recognize he's got coaching talent, hey?     

His salary isn't far off from Berry's, iirc.

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

Its beyond comprehension to be this pathetic offensively.  Shaw should get fired on Monday.  Berry should be informed that he has one year to prove worthy to keep his job.

So you ran that by KEM first? :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Under two minutes to play, goalie pulled, and Bast gets the puck a few feet inside the O zone blue line and walks in and shoots....about 3 or 4 feet above the net. That’s been our season. 

Our boys I'm guessing are great at pitching horseshoes

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Our boys I'm guessing are great at pitching horseshoes

We did have several logo buster shots too. If we’re going to do that, at least shoot low and try to get the DU goalie to kick out some rebounds. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

I 'member when Hak had a team that had to play every player because of injuries and they still made the NCAA's.

That top line with Danny Kristo, Corban Knight and Brock Nelson helped. 

That team actually played into a number 1 seed! What a coaching job. 

• Upvote 1