SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

This will free up our staff to work the regionals again

not sure why we are so arrogant that we need to bid on the retinal every year

The Ralph out bids everyone thinking we will be there with our fans. Lose enough $ and The Ralph will eventually waggle their tail home.

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

So the last two years we will have not made the NCAA tournament, killed the streak of hosting first round of the NCHC conference playoff, will now kill the streak of making the Final Faceoff. Yeah, Berry has done a bang up job alright. He is running this program right into the ground. 

You forgot Canisius.....

3 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

You effin nailed it buddy.  And right now I hear Tim Hennessey apologizing again for lack of scoring, basically saying bad puck luck ("no bounces").  This team's lack of ability at finishing/scoring is so inept they can't even buy a greasy goal. 

Sounds like it, like I said I only saw a handful of games so couldn't get a good read on the offense, but I did watch the first CC game a couple weeks ago and UND skated circles around CC and just looked like they controlled the game but only had a few shots that were really quality, most were chest-shots from the blue line. Felt like that was a game they should have won but maybe that's been the norm lately, if so no wonder everybody's at wits end.

7 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

So business I mean funeral suits tomorrow night? Prove us wrong boys. 

Well, "funeral" might be an apt description.  Seriously, if we play like we did tonight and Den plays like they did tonight (uhhhh, minus us not scoring and them scoring 2 goals...) I like our chances of taking game 2. 

10 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

So business I mean funeral suits tomorrow night? Prove us wrong boys. 

The Black sweaters are done, the magic sucubused away by thebemblems of embarrassment on the shoulders.

Wear them tomorrow for the funeral prosession, end the misery, then never wear the black again.

Officially retire them. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, jodcon said:

Sounds like it, like I said I only saw a handful of games so couldn't get a good read on the offense, but I did watch the first CC game a couple weeks ago and UND skated circles around CC and just looked like they controlled the game but only had a few shots that were really quality, most were chest-shots from the blue line. Felt like that was a game they should have won but maybe that's been the norm lately, if so no wonder everybody's at wits end.

Spot on. It's one of two things or a combo-platter; either we are judging poorly in our recruiting or when players arrive here they are not developing as players.  And I'm talking strictly offensive (forwards) players, defense and goal keeping aren't really the issue.

• Upvote 1

Our passing skills are pretty poor.  The passing in the offensive zone is way too slow for a team that lacks snipers.  By the time the player gets his shot off the goalie is in perfect position to make the easy save if the puck is on net.   The goalie must love it every time they pass the puck from up high to the goalies right side.  Pretty much no chance of scoring based on the speed of the pass and how long it takes the player to shoot. 

Very frustrating team to watch.  Doesn’t seem to be any offensive development since the season started.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Any clue as to what the Minn ST-Mankato coach makes?  I would hope we could double his salary, couldn't we or is he getting big bucks down there?  I realize they play in the weaker WCHA but he has them in top 10 or maybe even top 5 in the Pairwise in a college town similar in size to GF with no real hockey tradition of any pedigree and yet competing with ST Clown, Duluth, and U Minn.  Plus, he was the recent US coach in the junior (under 18?) world championships this past winter.  Some hockey experts must recognize he's got coaching talent, hey?     

• Upvote 1