SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Two of the top rated recruits in history of the program gone...fire new coach and the AD... 

Eikens just stated that he has reopened his recruitment.  That does not mean that he is gone.  He also indicated that he is still considering the University of North Dakota along with other options.  I would not be surprised to see him at UND next season.

18 minutes ago, balla45 said:

Eikens just stated that he has reopened his recruitment.  That does not mean that he is gone.  He also indicated that he is still considering the University of North Dakota along with other options.  I would not be surprised to see him at UND next season.

Agree

no inside information but if you put yourself out there you are gone

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

There were times both Walters and brown looked the part last year

need consistency 

we don’t do consistency - name some of our players you say were the most consistent- most consistant as in good consistent 

When he wasn't hurt, I would have said Avants was the closest. 

Like I said in my long post: Those two need to take bigger steps and be solid starters (they don't have to be all-conference, but they need to be more that borderline starter/reserve which they were last year.)  

7 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Agree

Need him to pull what the USD player did and come back 

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That's unnecessary. I think he could have solid potential a year or 2 and 30 pounds down the road. 

Stand by what I said.  He was not a D1 BB player last year.  Maybe in a 3 years but he literally never played on a sh#tty team.  

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Agree

Have some information.  Would not be surprised to see him back.  In a transfer scenario, he is still dealing with a new coaching staff.  In a nice situation to get a lot of minutes or start at UND as there are available minutes at the 3 and the 4.  Still has significant ties to the state of North Dakota.

7 minutes ago, balla45 said:

Have some information.  Would not be surprised to see him back.  In a transfer scenario, he is still dealing with a new coaching staff.  In a nice situation to get a lot of minutes or start at UND as there are available minutes at the 3 and the 4.  Still has significant ties to the state of North Dakota.

Think its more of a "feel out what's out there, feel out the coaching staff" and see what will be the best fit situation?

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Think its more of a "feel out what's out there, feel out the coaching staff" and see what will be the best fit situation?

Yes.  He did comment that Sather was a great hire in his post on Twitter.  I am sure he will evaluate his options and make an informed decision.  Blindly staying at the school without entering the transfer portal would not be an informed decision, as the commitment was made to Coach Jones and staff.  His post indicated that he felt Coach Sather would be a great fit at the University of North Dakota, but I think it is a smart move to see which other schools that he had considered are still interested and what the situation may look like at those schools.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Stand by what I said.  He was not a D1 BB player last year.  Maybe in a 3 years but he literally never played on a sh#tty team.  

Have to agree. He may have been extremely athletic but had no obvious basketball skills. He also needed to add at least 30 to 40 pounds to be a D1 BB player. Wouldn't be surprised if Sather didn't try very hard to retain him,

16 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not disagreeing, but interesting that Chris Beard offered him at Texas Tech.  Must've saw something.    

6 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Not disagreeing, but interesting that Chris Beard offered him at Texas Tech.  Must've saw something.    

Did you watch him try to play organized basketball?  He had no idea what to do or where to fit in.  Jones must have felt the same way.  

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

Sounds like Tech, OU, LSU, etc. dodged a bullet...

I really have to wonder if they backed off of him. Maybe offered at one time seeing the athleticism but I kind of doubt he held any of those big offers once we got him. 

• Upvote 1

Rule changes for 2019-2020 Season

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-06-05/mens-college-basketball-3-point-line-extended-international

• 3-point line moving back to the international distance of 22' 1/34"
  • Shot clock reset at 20 seconds (instead of 30) after a field-goal attempt hits the rim and the offensive team rebounds the ball in the front court.
  • Coaches allowed to live-ball timeouts in the final two minutes of games. (previously weren't allowed to).