SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Taz Boy, in the back of his mind, thinks to himself: ... here I go again ... 

That said, clearly Taz and Mafia don't know about Tawny after she met MLB lefty Chuck Finley ... :blink: ... the cool kids would say "she done gone cray-cray!"

Kicking in high heels, stomping on the accelerator...  She's all rock-n-roll, baby.  Even the OJ fling is bad ass.  I mean, c'mon, why NOT scratch a Chevy Suburban?  And then, this...  "What he's going through are the regular ups and downs people go through in their personal life," Shapiro said. 

So true, Mark Shapiro.  So. True.

1 hour ago, Taz Boy said:

Kicking in high heels, stomping on the accelerator...  She's all rock-n-roll, baby.  Even the OJ fling is bad ass.  I mean, c'mon, why NOT scratch a Chevy Suburban?  And then, this...  "What he's going through are the regular ups and downs people go through in their personal life," Shapiro said. 

So true, Mark Shapiro.  So. True.

Did you look at that mug shot. YeeeEEEeeesh. :blink:

16 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

The other $2 million will come out of The Ralph’s longterm repair and replacement reserve fund.

I believe this is money that would have been turned over to the athletic department for their budget except that REA chooses to keep it for a reserve fund.  One could argue that it is coming from the athletic department's budget as REA returned less money to the athletic department to pay for this.  

I suppose One could make that argument but One would be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

I heard the next upgrade will be all virtual fans in the upper bowl. You will be able to watch the games from home and they will project your likeness into a seat.

When game time temp is projected at -10F and -15F at end of game and there's an pretty good round trip drive involved, will this be part of the upper deck season ticket package I have or an extra you pay for? 

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

I suppose One could make that argument but One would be wrong.

how so?

They are to give the REA profits back to UND athletic department but they decide what constitutes expenses.  The $2m for the scoreboard is one of those expenses they have subtracted as an expense over the years.  It truly is money that would have gone to the athletic department otherwise.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

how so?

They are to give the REA profits back to UND athletic department but they decide what constitutes expenses.  The $2m for the scoreboard is one of those expenses they have subtracted as an expense over the years.  It truly is money that would have gone to the athletic department otherwise.

Profits. Not expenses.

"UND would have gotten the money but the building decided to pay its employees/fix a leaky roof."

From the Grumpy Old Guy Club - The Ralph needs to keep the Arena exciting to attract the younger crowd that stands & dances or parties in the bars all game - Also not having to pay $15 to park & walk in the Freezing weather & how well Midco does in Televising the Game in HD & how Good the new Big Screen TVs are - Are keeping more of us at home

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

how so?

The way I see it, if someone steals your wallet, you don't get to control how they spend your cash.

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

From the Grumpy Old Guy Club - The Ralph needs to keep the Arena exciting to attract the younger crowd that stands & dances or parties in the bars all game - Also not having to pay $15 to park & walk in the Freezing weather & how well Midco does in Televising the Game in HD & how Good the new Big Screen TVs are - Are keeping more of us at home

They need to make this waste of a grass space parking as well.

aerial.jpg

15 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Why?.  I build a arena that seat 12k, but only enough parking for 4K (not exactly sure on this number) is dumb.

Aesthetics and cost.  UND's track record with parking ramps is poor at best, as a "self-funding" ramp quickly resulted in every student's parking pass tripling in price.  An underground ramp would solve the aesthetics issue anyway.

37 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

They need to make this waste of a grass space parking as well.

aerial.jpg

Get rid of all the grass and put the roads in places that make sense.  Sure it looks pretty in the summer this way.  But nobody is admiring the landscaping that's covered in snow while they're freezing their ass off in January.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Get rid of all the grass and put the roads in places that make sense.  Sure it looks pretty in the summer this way.  But nobody is admiring the landscaping that's covered in snow while they're freezing their ass off in January.

Maybe some bars and hotels with those roads

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

New scoreboard apparently counts the same as fixing a leaky roof. 

Who is to say who draws the line?

They are free to spend their money however they want.

Especially when it will only cost the arena a fraction of the actual cost thanks to the donation.

It's almost like women's hockey. UND gets grief for having started and trying to have it vs all the schools that never tried.

The Ralph could keep all the extra money in reserve and not donate anything to UND if they so pleased. If they had done that in previous years, I guess we wouldn't be having this discussion.