SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

Looking closely at the numbers, sitting 20th with a PWR of .5311, if they were to drop .01 to .5211 they would be 21st, if they gain .01 to .5411 UND would be 16th. After this weekend they have a better opportunity to move up than down. Only taking into account UND's games next weekend, but a split would raise them to .5375. 

The formula still hasn't changed for this team, as it goes with a possible at large bid, they can't get swept by any of their next 3 opponents. Splits would still be ok, that would still raise their PWR ranking every week. One sweep would give them a punchers chance going into their last 4 against CC and Omaha.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Looking closely at the numbers, sitting 20th with a PWR of .5311, if they were to drop .01 to .5211 they would be 21st, if they gain .01 to .5411 UND would be 16th. After this weekend they have a better opportunity to move up than down. Only taking into account UND's games next weekend, but a split would raise them to .5375. 

The formula still hasn't changed for this team, as it goes with a possible at large bid, they can't get swept by any of their next 3 opponents. Splits would still be ok, that would still raise their PWR ranking every week. One sweep would give them a punchers chance going into their last 4 against CC and Omaha.  

Thanks for your analysis AJS.

everyone knows the season hasn’t gone as hoped and planned. BUT, we are still in this thing. I have no idea which team will show up this weekend BUT we have a chance.

get to the regional and no matter who we play, we will have a chance. Makes life a little more fun for this old guy!

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:23 PM, tnt said:

With our luck we will sweep a couple of the harder teams then lose to Omaha and CC, then have to face the prospect of facing those hard teams again in the Frozen Faceoff to make the tourney.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, MafiaMan said:

I’ll take “Snowball’s Chance in Hell” for $500, Alex.

@runaroundsioux and @Rebel_Sioux

Didn’t like my comment, eh?  So, which “couple” of the next three opponents do you feel North Dakota will sweep then?  St. Cloud State is obviously now off the table.

@ Denver?  @ Western Michigan?  vs Duluth?

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Got nothing to do with down votes...I’m legitimately curious as to their thoughts on who UND sweeps over the next three weeks.

Calls out the only two people that down voted the post.

Claims it has nothing to do with down votes.

• Upvote 2

On 1/23/2019 at 9:03 PM, GoalieMask said:

Sigh.....matters 0% right now but USCHO’s first stab at Bracketology has this projection for Fargo regional:

1) St. Cloud vs 16) American Int’l

8) Minnesota St vs 9) Cornell

I guess I would be going for American Int’l

will need to do a search on them and find out where they are from

9 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Sight change to this week’s USCHO Bracketology.   Western Michigan doesn’t exactly do it for me but it would be neat to see them take out St. Clown and advance. Andy Murray is a throwback. 

EF5B2250-FF98-4842-B339-A806BEC906C4.jpeg

th?id=OIP.MtQBZW2_vIh8wdJUJ-H8IwHaIP&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Andy Murray reminds me of former Viking Coach Jerry Burns a little, but with better hair.

th?id=OIP.ZEa6sqd9M10jRZ93LICyGAHaEV&pid=15.1&P=0&w=296&h=174

4 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Sight change to this week’s USCHO Bracketology.   Western Michigan doesn’t exactly do it for me but it would be neat to see them take out St. Clown and advance. Andy Murray is a throwback. 

I’ll buy your tickets for 25 cents on the dollar if these are the match-ups,  @Oxbow6  !

18 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Or a repeat win by Air Force.