SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Does UND still have a chance at the NCAA?

Just asking for a guy with 6 Regional tickets on his dresser.

Six here too... cant justify the expense of using them to  go and watch ASU.

Going to accept some ridiculously low offer.

I will still be at Regionals, watching the sport I love—College Hockey—in my own backyard.

What I do hope for is two NCHC teams playing in Fargo.  While I would root for #16 to beat SCSU, I would at least be entertained by a Denver-SCSU regional final. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I could go for Air Force out of the AHA at the regional. They split four games with conference foe Canisius so they must be pretty good.

Air Force got eliminated by virtue of being swept at home this weekend by Niagara. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 8:39 AM, Cratter said:

You can already see the article by Schlossman, "UND wins just one game vs Canisius, They're in the tournament."

Well I was wrong.

It was worse than I originally thought.

UND had to sweep Canisius to make the tournament.

A split with Canisius and UND doesn't even make the tournament this year (17th).

But you won't find that anywhere in Schlossman's article:

Had UND swept Canisius -- instead of being swept -- the Fighting Hawks would not only be in the NCAA tournament, they would be a No. 3 seed.

It's not just Canisius and it's not just UND. Give UND two more wins against any games they lost and they pretty much will be in (Give any bubble team two more wins and they'll likely be in): Flip UND losses of Bemidji and Miami and UND is 12th.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

It's not just Canisius and it's not just UND. Give UND two more wins against any games they lost and they pretty much will be in (Give any bubble team two more wins and they'll likely be in): Flip UND losses of Bemidji and Miami and UND is 12th.

Yeah, but then the whole season looks bad...this way we can point to one "lost" weekend.