SiouxSports.com Forum

Pairwise 2018-19

southpaw

19 hours ago, franchise said:

I'll take that bet

I can't bet cash anymore.   I am a beat up gambler long on the mend.   However,  I always propose a standard wager  that well backs most people down.

How about if I win,  you drop everything in your life and follow me.   You win,  I'll give you a solid shout out on your favorite platform.

Deal?   Enjoy the rest of the season Franchise.

1 hour ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

I can't bet cash anymore.   I am a beat up gambler long on the mend.   However,  I always propose a standard wager  that well backs most people down.

How about if I win,  you drop everything in your life and follow me.   You win,  I'll give you a solid shout out on your favorite platform.

Follow you? That was a wee bit creepy.

8 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I don't think half a point per game from Poolman is bad, considering he is a dman and is often out against other teams' top forward lines.  I'd say Jones is where I'd expect him to be, maybe a little off.  Guch is where I'd expect him to be this year.  JBD is where I'd expect him to be.  Agree on Kiersted, Smith and Senden outpacing expectations.  

Rest of the team is below expectations.

Poolman .73 pts/gm as a soph and Jones .88 pts/gm as a junior.  Both have regressed and both play (or did play at one point during the season) top PP.  Guch's numbers probably make sense, from a progression standpoint.  But he's also logging juicy minutes in offensive situations.  Given his finish last year, I actually expected him to be in that .8 or .85 range.  Not a big deal though.  My initial post was more to those upperclassmen who are hovering around .35-.45 pts per game.  Absolutely inexcusable.

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Poolman .73 pts/gm as a soph and Jones .88 pts/gm as a junior.  Both have regressed and both play (or did play at one point during the season) top PP.  Guch's numbers probably make sense, from a progression standpoint.  But he's also logging juicy minutes in offensive situations.  Given his finish last year, I actually expected him to be in that .8 or .85 range.  Not a big deal though.  My initial post was more to those upperclassmen who are hovering around .35-.45 pts per game.  Absolutely inexcusable.

I think I'm more accepting of Guch's numbers because of his linemates.

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I think I'm more accepting of Guch's numbers because of his linemates.

Very true....and my initial post was never meant to really discuss him.  The more I thought about it the more I could have seen where his numbers could have been a bit higher.  Again, he really wasn't the focus.

2 hours ago, NorthDakotaHockey said:

Related image

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, petey23 said:

.here is how I would like to see it shake out.

Atlantic Hockey
RIT at Sacred Heart
Army at AIC
Niagara at Air Force
Robert Morris at Bentley

Doesn't really matter who wins this tournament as whoever wins it will not have any effect on any other teams getting in or getting left out(1 bid league no matter how it shakes out), so might as well root for Air Force just for the Frank Serratore Press Conferences.

ECAC
Union at Cornell
Brown at Quinnipiac
Dartmouth at Harvard
Yale at Clarkson

Quinnipiac is a lock for the NCAA tournament so it would be alright with me if they win their conference tourney. I would like to see Cornell knock Union from contention this weekend plus a good friend of mine has a kid who is a D-man for Cornell. Would love to see Dartmouth upset Harvard and Yale upset Clarkson this weekend.

Hockey East
Maine at Northeastern
BC at Providence
UNH at Massachusetts
BU at Mass-Lowell

Massachusetts, Northeastern, and Providence are all in solid position to make the NCAA tourney so I wouldn't mind them all moving on this weekend to avoid any drama. Don't care who wins between BU and Lowell as long as they lose next weekend.

BIG 10
Minnesota at Notre Dame
Penn State at Ohio State

Go Buckeyes. Anyone else wins this and that could potentially take an at large bid away. As dirty as it makes me feel I am pulling for Minnesota to beat Notre Dame this weekend to all but remove them from the at large picture as long as the Gophs lose next weekend. Keep this at a 1 bid conference.

WCHA
BGU at NMU
LSSU at Minnesota State-Mankato

Pulling for Mankato and NMU this weekend and Mankato next weekend to keep this at a 1 bid league.

NCHC
Miami at SCSU
CC at WMU
UNO at UMD
UND at DU

SCSU and UMD are in so might as well have them move on this weekend. Denver is still likely to make it even if UND beats them this weekend so hopefully that happens. WMU is the wildcard here as they would be in a tough spot if they lose. Since they could still make it with a loss and likely still be ahead of UND I am hoping they win so that if UND does make it to St. Paul next weekend they would have the benefit of playing high ranked teams so that going 1-1 in St. Paul could still possibly get them in as an at large.

If everything goes as I would like it this weekend, the pairwise would look like this going into next weekend.

1 St Cloud St
2 Massachusetts
3 MSU-Mankato
4 (5) Quinnipiac
5 (4) Minnesota-Duluth
6 Ohio State
7 (8) Northeastern
8 (9) Providence
9 (12) Cornell
10 (7) Denver
11 (10) Arizona State
12 (13) Western Michigan
13 (18) North Dakota
14 (11) Clarkson
15 Notre Dame

The way I see it after playing the with Pairwise predictor if UND beats Denver we move in front of Notre Dame no matter with Notre Dame does.  If Denver wins UND has no chance and  I would much rather see Notre dame in NCAA Tournament than Gophers.  I don't see any good reason yet to lower myself to cheer for MN.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

The way I see it after playing the with Pairwise predictor if UND beats Denver we move in front of Notre Dame no matter what Notre Dame does.  If Denver wins UND has no chance and  I would much rather see Notre dame in NCAA Tournament than Gophers.  I don't see any good reason yet to lower myself to cheer for MN.

Thank you for being a voice of reason on this topic!  

2 hours ago, Big Green said:

The way I see it after playing the with Pairwise predictor if UND beats Denver we move in front of Notre Dame no matter with Notre Dame does.  If Denver wins UND has no chance and  I would much rather see Notre dame in NCAA Tournament than Gophers.  I don't see any good reason yet to lower myself to cheer for MN.

Cheering for MN would curse the whole thing anyway. If them winning was, for example,  our only way in the NCAA’s they’d lose. (Hypothetically) . I base this on prior experiences. 

On 3/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, UNDBIZ said:

I can't imagine this team doing in 2 games what it has the option to do in 3. Hopefully they prove me wrong. 

Well they didn't prove me wrong. Hopefully they can turn it around and salvage a playoff spot.