SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Oh, I beg to differ.  We have had some tragic defending (more last year than this, but still sad).  What we need is some offensive firepower to fire up the team and the fans, and put a little jump in the player's skates.

Isn’t that what he’s saying?  The issue is that without jones our senior class isn’t that productive and our junior class is terrible.  You’re leaving everything to a sophomore class (that is underachieving) and freshman.

7 minutes ago, Goon said:

Since you're on a roll,  who would cut off this team. Do you send Hoff packing, thanks for playing good bye. Does Zach Yon gets his walking papers. Dixon Bown, you're out of here. You still have to replace them with someone. 

All of those players were highly regarded out of juniors. Do you just start cutting players and bringing in recruits at the halfway point? You have to have players that check and kill penalties. That proven fact. All the NHL team have role players. 

PK isn't very good this year.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Isn’t that what he’s saying?  The issue is that without jones our senior class isn’t that productive and our junior class is terrible.  You’re leaving everyone to a sophomore class (that is underachieving) and freshman.

One thing that has caught me eye it appears UND is relying heavily on the BCHL. A lot of Sandy's recruits are from the arean around Duluth. 

Just an observation. 

Just now, Goon said:

One thing that has caught me eye it appears UND is relying heavily on the BCHL. A lot of Sandy's recruits are from the arean around Duluth. 

Just an observation. 

A lot of his recruits played ushl as well...and had success in that league.

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

Since you're on a roll,  who would cut off this team. Do you send Hoff packing, thanks for playing good bye. Does Zach Yon gets his walking papers. Dixon Bown, you're out of here. You still have to replace them with someone. 

All of those players were highly regarded out of juniors. Do you just start cutting players and bringing in recruits at the halfway point? You have to have players that check and kill penalties. That proven fact. All the NHL team have role players. 

Stop. Did you just say Yon and Bowen were highly regarded out of juniors? Did you see their numbers coming in? Yikes, get a better memory or do some research. They both had awful numbers in juniors. Hoff has good numbers and was a big recruit. 

What I would have done is last summer I would have encouraged Yon, Bowen and Johnson to look elsewhere. Berry needed to do it after their Sophomore year. He didn’t and you have this 5 man anchor of a forward junior class around the neck of this program for two more years. Of those 5 btw, Hoff was the only “highly regarded” one in the bunch.

• Upvote 4

I remember players saying they were always nervous to let Hak down, because he was a hardass. But that players didn't want to let Bubs down.

Seems like that mentality worked for about a year, when player were adjusting to Hak leaving. Maybe the coach need to be more of a coach and less of a buddy.

That may not be accurate, but it is certainly the perception right now.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The closest this UND team will get to the Frozen Four this season will be it’s trip to Canisius in January. 

Well that exciting. I'm sure they will have a lot of fun. Hey thats all that matters at this level. right? Right. RIGHT!!!!

• Upvote 2