SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

Just now, Godsmack said:

You got it. Part of me agrees in general that as a coach you don’t air your dirty laundry but look at guys like Jim Montgomery who wouldn’t hesitate to call a spade a spade in his post gamers after a rare DU loss.

I don't think anybody expects Berry to name names....but he doesn't come across as having any sort of urgency in getting this figured out.  That's the frustrating part.  

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever envision teams like Duluth being light years ahead of us, even with our worst teams.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Big A HG said:

I don't think anybody expects Berry to name names....but he doesn't come across as having any sort of urgency in getting this figured out.  That's the frustrating part.  

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever envision teams like Duluth being light years ahead of us, even with our worst teams.

Totally agree with your sentiments. Just hearing some anger and/or urgency from Berry would be a little reassuring. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In a matter of just a few years, Berry has dismantled a legacy of over a decade of success. He can't recruit, certainly unable to take the position of head coach, and has most assuredly lost the locker room. 

The fisrt game against Manitoba has always served as a litmus test to how the team will do. Put up 8 goals, we contend in the NCAA finals ...need OT to win and your season is tanked. 

This is a very sad state of hockey. We've been bad before, but we went bad quickly after being so good for so long. Please bring Hak back...I want us to be marginally good!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Now we know how rodent fans have felt like lately. Not a good feeling 

3 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

We all need to realize Berry is a good asst. but not a good head coach, time to change before this goes way to far down the rabbit hole.

Agreed, though if he gets replaced, let just say by Hak for arguments sake ... would he ever be willing to take the demotion to Asst?

36 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

"They'll be better tomorrow night, I can guarantee" says the announcer.   Will they?  I have my serious doubts at this point.

Oh, yeah, they will.  We'll explode for 2 goals and only give up 3 goals to Duluth and we'll also edge them in SOG 27 - 24.

• Upvote 1

The worst of it is....the best case scenario is getting back on the horse where we belong takes a few years to straighten out with a team this bad.  Every year that a coach brings in this little amount of talent makes it even harder to get to the top.

• Downvote 1

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, though if he gets replaced, let just say by Hak for arguments sake ... would he ever be willing to take the demotion to Asst?

While Berry's time may be limited here, remains to be seen though, Haks ain't coming back no matter what happens in Philly.

Just now, GDPritch said:

While Berry's time may be limited here, remains to be seen though, Haks ain't coming back no matter what happens in Philly.

I would love Hak back....never was on the bandwagon of disliking him.  If not Hak, there's a proven Sioux alum with coaching and recruiting ability.  He was on the other bench tonight.  You pay him to come home.  If a coach can do what he's been doing in Duluth, imagine what he could do with REA and its facilities and tradition.

Just now, GDPritch said:

Why do you say that? I believe he still has a residence in GF. He certainly is a UND guy. Again, if he is let go from Philly, he will be the top available college coach on the market. Why wouldn't UND look at that?

Its not like he left UND easily, that took some work on Philly's part. The guy has made some nice money and could settle in for another 15 -20 years if he wanted. Again, IF HE EVEN WANTED TOO.

Hak may not even be done in the NHL if he gets let go from Philly.  Heck, even Yeo got a second chance and Hak is not a worse coach than Yeo.  Hak has an almost .500 record with team save percentage in net of .880 (at least of a couple days ago).  

• Upvote 1