Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MoSiouxFan

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, TheFlop said:

The majority of people in Grand Forks that are familiar with the program, will tell you that Chase isn't regarded very highly when it comes to his coaching ability.  He was successful for years because most of the talent was at RR.  That being said, there's more to this than just some kids/parents bitching to the AD......that's been going on for years with Chase.  Something more happened here for this to occur right before EDC instead of waiting for after the season.

Well ya....more of a nice guy.  Not too in with new skill based training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Chase doesn't come back who wants that Red River job?  Paranica was almost lynched after Minot and Bismarck beat them in the title game consecutive years.  

Chase a class guy every time I talked/coached/played against teams he coached.  Wish him well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

When Chase doesn't come back who wants that Red River job?  Paranica was almost lynched after Minot and Bismarck beat them in the title game consecutive years.  

Chase a class guy every time I talked/coached/played against teams he coached.  Wish him well. 

What I have heard is there is a video out there that apparently was taken by a player in the locker room with Chase saying some inappropriate things. True or not I don't know just what I've heard from more than one person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

What I have heard is there is a video out there that apparently was taken by a player in the locker room with Chase saying some inappropriate things. True or not I don't know just what I've heard from more than one person.

What is this world coming to.  You pretty much are going to have to strip search these kids before having meetings with them.  Zero respect anymore.  In knowing Chase, there is now what anything was too harsh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

What is this world coming to.  You pretty much are going to have to strip search these kids before having meetings with them.  Zero respect anymore.  In knowing Chase, there is now what anything was too harsh. 

If Chase did and/or said something inappropriate to his team, then he should get suspended for it. Not saying the clandestine video is appropriate, but this is how some of these things get exposed to the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Chase did and/or said something inappropriate to his team, then he should get suspended for it. Not saying the clandestine video is appropriate, but this is how some of these things get exposed to the world.

Welcome to the world of snowflakes. Apparently some poor little tyke got his feelings hurt. Someone must pay the price.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Chase did and/or said something inappropriate to his team, then he should get suspended for it. Not saying the clandestine video is appropriate, but this is how some of these things get exposed to the world.

Sure, agreed. I just have a hard time believing he said anything too crazy or off the wall.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Welcome to the world of snowflakes. Apparently some poor little tyke got his feelings hurt. Someone must pay the price.

You don't know what was said and/or done. Neither do I. Let's wait until the whole story comes out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Panzer will get a long look at head coach this summer when the position opens.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

What is this world coming to.  You pretty much are going to have to strip search these kids before having meetings with them.  Zero respect anymore.  In knowing Chase, there is now what anything was too harsh. 

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Jeff Panzer will get a long look at head coach this summer when the position opens.

Is his kid going to Red River?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

Agreed.  No place for that in coaching.  Can't stand when people use the "R" word.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

If he said that, then yes disciplinary action should happen.  Boy, I cannot seem to hear Bill saying those things.  People change I guess.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he said that then his job in the school system is likely in jeopardy pending review. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

And that’s exactly what I was told he said unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

holy crap I never would've guessed him to say something like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Saying kids are playing like fags and retards is over the line.

No question.  When I played for a certain coach at Central back in the late 80's/early 90's, he said some stuff to us in the locker room and on the ice that would make your head spin.  We never thought anything of it.  Sadly, most of us would bust up laughing as soon as he left the room.  It's just not like that anymore.  It goes beyond "knowing your audience." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

No question.  When I played for a certain coach at Central back in the late 80's/early 90's, he said some stuff to us in the locker room and on the ice that would make your head spin.  We never thought anything of it.  Sadly, most of us would bust up laughing as soon as he left the room.  It's just not like that anymore.  It goes beyond "knowing your audience." 

Was it Chuck Ness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where was gobc with the news of what he said?

New better gobc in town now without gfhockey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Was it Chuck Ness?

Will never forget my week at hockey camp with him.....my....God.....

I turned out okay though. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

I am kind of surprised to hear this.  I've been taking teams up to North Dakota for years to play youth hockey tournaments and I've always felt the environment was pretty laid back.  Parents and coaches seemed to "get it" and understood the hockey culture.  If you want crazy go to a rink in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Chicago.  St. Louis is pretty much the epi-center of absolute craziness I have ever witnessed.

As for this coach who got put on leave, it's not like the old days where coaches could be very colorful with their language, times have changed.  What hasn't changed is the locker room code, what is said in the room stays in the room.  The kid who took the video (cell phones aren't even allowed in the locker room) should be suspended for his actions as well.  Nothing is freaking sacred anymore.

Colorful language is fine and understandable. Calling your players regards and fags is another thing entirely. I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...