Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MoSiouxFan

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Colorful language is fine and understandable. Calling your players regards and fags is another thing entirely. I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

No, there wouldn't have been. Thats big talk but, No.

I'd say if you played youth sports up through and beyond HS prior to 2000, you have heard talk like this on many occassions.

I played in dozens of organizations and teams, in many sports, some coaches were funny about it their smack talk, some coaches would make Jimmy Duggins coach blush, all coaches were colorfully eloquent with their oration.

Those times are gone now as far as acceptable, for the better, the things purported are 10000% unacceptable now, not saying it was right at any time, but it was definitely "acceptable" back in the day, and you wouldnt have fought the coach over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No, there wouldn't have been. Thats big talk but, No.

I'd say if you played youth sports up through and beyond HS prior to 2000, you have heard talk like this on many occassions.

I played in dozens of organizations and teams, in many sports, some coaches were funny about it their smack talk, some coaches would make Jimmy Duggins coach blush, all coaches were colorfully eloquent with their oration.

Those times are gone now as far as acceptable, for the better, the things purported are 10000% unacceptable now, not saying it was right at any time, but it was definitely "acceptable" back in the day, and you wouldnt have fought the coach over it.

That’s funny. You know me better than I do? I played for coach Berg. He followed the John Wooden model of no swearing. He didn’t need to. He could cut to your soul and motivate you to do anything with a glance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Is his kid going to Red River?  

No.  Jeff Panzer won't coach RR due to his family tradition at GFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That’s funny. You know me better than I do? I played for coach Berg. He followed the John Wooden model of no swearing. He didn’t need to. He could cut to your soul and motivate you to do anything with a glance.

No, I'm calling out your tough guy bullcrap about physically assaulting a coach if he said a naughty word to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No, I'm calling out your tough guy bullcrap about physically assaulting a coach if he said a naughty word to you. 

You don’t know me. You haven’t called out !@#$. Nothing but empty assumptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You don’t know me. You haven’t called out !@#$. Nothing but empty assumptions.

 

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

 I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

Yup, im going to go right ahead and keep calling you out for such an entry in the #iamverybadass circle of winner comments.

No assumptions, you keyboard warriored claiming you'd have a physical altercation with a potty mouthed coach.

Btw....  Never. Is the exact time when a physical altercation with a naughty word saying coach would be acceptable behavior. Never, not ever.  

This would be an embarrassing,  troubling and prosecuted example of the worst of the worst of youth sports behavior.

Just maybe say, .....

"yeeeaaaah poor choice of words to express my disagreement with what a coach allegedly said to his team"

      signed............ .#calmdownfrancis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

 

Yup, im going to go right ahead and keep calling you out for such an entry in the #iamverybadass circle of winner comments.

No assumptions, you keyboard warriored claiming you'd have a physical altercation with a potty mouthed coach.

Btw....  Never. Is the exact time when a physical altercation with a naughty word saying coach would be acceptable behavior. Never, not ever.  

This would be an embarrassing,  troubling and prosecuted example of the worst of the worst of youth sports behavior.

Just maybe say, .....

"yeeeaaaah poor choice of words to express my disagreement with what a coach allegedly said to his team"

      signed............ .#calmdownfrancis

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Colorful language is fine and understandable. Calling your players regards and fags is another thing entirely. I’m as far from pc as you can get but if a coach had ever talked to me like that there would have been a physical altercation.  

Sure there would have .........lol.:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is the WDA online or on TV?

Jays/Midget game can be heard on 103.1 The Raven. Can be found at newsdakota.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Jays/Midget game can be heard on 103.1 The Raven. Can be found at newsdakota.com

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No, there wouldn't have been. Thats big talk but, No.

I'd say if you played youth sports up through and beyond HS prior to 2000, you have heard talk like this on many occassions.

I played in dozens of organizations and teams, in many sports, some coaches were funny about it their smack talk, some coaches would make Jimmy Duggins coach blush, all coaches were colorfully eloquent with their oration.

Those times are gone now as far as acceptable, for the better, the things purported are 10000% unacceptable now, not saying it was right at any time, but it was definitely "acceptable" back in the day, and you wouldnt have fought the coach over it.

The wussification of a once great country continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

The wussification of a once great country continues. 

A coach calling hs kids retards and fags didn’t make this country great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Would ya'll mind taking your purse fight to PMs, thanks, anyone have any HS hockey updates?

If you were directing that misogynistic putdown to geaux sioux I hope you're ready to get your ass whooped....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Would ya'll mind taking your purse fight to PMs, thanks, anyone have any HS hockey updates?

Dickinson wins in double overtime 4-3. Shots were 56-17 Dickinson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Chase has stolen the limelight the last couple days, but what's the real story behind the Fargo Davies coach quitting weeks before the end of the season?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

A coach calling hs kids retards and fags didn’t make this country great.

Sticks and stones...remember that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, darell1976 said:

Was it Chuck Ness?

Yes.  The guy knew hockey.  Bad people person.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

So Chase has stolen the limelight the last couple days, but what's the real story behind the Fargo Davies coach quitting weeks before the end of the season?

From what I’ve gathered is the administration had the parents backs but not the coaches. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

From what I’ve gathered is the administration had the parents backs but not the coaches. 

100% correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

From what I’ve gathered is the administration had the parents backs but not the coaches. 

That is really sad.  You are always gonna have those one or two parents on any team that cause friction......I think coaches expect it.  But when it gets to this level it's a sad deal and the saddest deal is the jerk parents that caused it are oblivious to how big of jerks they really are. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...