SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

I'm a RR grad.  My apologies to the rest of you for my dbag asshole tendencies.  :D
I went to HS in the late 90s when RR was the dominant team...won the state title 3 of the 4 years.

Sorry for the quick post, I have to get back to my elitist cliques now.  ;)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'm a RR grad.  My apologies to the rest of you for my dbag asshole tendencies.  :D
I went to HS in the late 90s when RR was the dominant team...won the state title 3 of the 4 years.

smug-alert.jpg

;):lol:

19 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Are you arguing with somebody or proving someones point? 

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

You seemed like a nice guy when I met you years ago.:xmas:

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Sorry to hear that.:wink:

It’s ok. I never really fit in with the elitist groups anyway. We had a good group of guys that hung out that was comprised of both RR and GFC kids. 

It was those Roosevelt kids that you wanted to steer clear of. ;):D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

It’s ok. I never really fit in with the elitist groups anyway. We had a good group of guys that hung out that was comprised of both RR and GFC kids. 

It was those Roosevelt kids that you wanted to steer clear of. ;):D

My brother went to Roosevelt for a year so I know what you mean.:lol:

Speaking of the cliques, Central had a group of wanna be west side story students that didn’t want to amount to anything.  The students mostly came from the same elementary school and made hell for anyone else at their Jr High (now middle school).  They were almost all the smokers and dope addicts.  If you were studious, popular, or athletic, you did not fit in.

Can anyone name the elementary school?

14 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Speaking of the cliques, Central had a group of wanna be west side story students that didn’t want to amount to anything.  The students mostly came from the same elementary school and made hell for anyone else at their Jr High (now middle school).  They were almost all the smokers and dope addicts.  If you were studious, popular, or athletic, you did not fit in.

Can anyone name the elementary school?

St. Mikes? Haha. What the hell are you talking about? 

The answer was Winship.  The parents were almost all working class that unfortunately did not instill a sense of achievement or aspiration early.  Those kids poisoned GFC as they did not posess school spirit or anything.  But they did get a turn out for their smoking and drug sessions.  They did not have an effect on GFC athletics much as they almost all didnt participate.  

West and Lake Agassiz then had a large % of parents that were UND profs.  Likely has changed now.

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The answer was Winship.  The parents were almost all working class that unfortunately did not instill a sense of achievement or aspiration early.  Those kids poisoned GFC as they did not posess school spirit or anything.  But they did get a turn out for their smoking and drug sessions.  They did not have an effect on GFC athletics much as they almost all didnt participate.  

West and Lake Agassiz then had a large % of parents that were UND profs.  Likely has changed now.

Winshit was what we called that school. West is the best in the whole US. Still sounds good 31 years later.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Winshit was what we called that school. West is the best in the whole US. Still sounds good 31 years later.

The School Board has proposed demolishing Winship, Wilder and West and consolidate them in a new north end school for facility reasons.  Don’t know why West can’t get students from west of the interstate as Lake Agassiz is full.  All the farm/rural kids used to go to West anyway so there was a bus.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The School Board has proposed demolishing Winship, Wilder and West and consolidate them in a new north end school for facility reasons.  Don’t know why West can’t get students from west of the interstate as Lake Agassiz is full.  All the farm/rural kids used to go to West anyway so there was a bus.

That would be sad to see those schools go. A lot of history there.

14 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I may be wrong but I believe that's the closest anyone has come to "beating" GFC this season.  Interesting EGF outshot them 33-24 but at same time you can't give up 5 goals on just 24 shots.

5th goal was a empty netter. EGF scored first and Cental tied it late in the 1st to make it 1-1 at intermission. Central got a goal in the 2nd and led 2-1 after 2 while being outshot 21-17. Central scored 2 goals early in the 3rd to open it up to 4-1. EGF scored with about 3 minutes left to cut it to 2 but the empty netter sealed it.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4552942-central-handles-east-grand-forks-test-stay-unbeaten

• Upvote 1

Have to give Mayville-Portland-CG-Hillsboro-CV-Hatton-Northwood-Finley-Sharon a shoutout for going 11-2-1 so far.  Granted, they have played some JV teams, but their Minnesota record against teams like Morris-Benson, Bagley-Fosston, Ely, and Moose Leake is like 6-2, if one counts a loss to Wahp-Breck as a Minnesota school.  Hallock was their other loss

http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDakotaBoysHighSchoolHockey/teampage.aspx?teamid=2235

There really should be a Class B in hockey and only enrollments over 800 should be eligible for Class A.

• Upvote 1