Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MoSiouxFan

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I smell 15 undefeated state championship seasons for Grafton playing in that A level. 

I just put them there to be with schools with similar attendance.  Someone already said it, but they'd probably play in the AA you would think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I just put them there to be with schools with similar attendance.  Someone already said it, but they'd probably play in the AA you would think. 

Grafton co-ops with Park River and Minto now correct?  Assume that that co-op is needed to even have the numbers to compete against AA schools.  That co-op would probably dissolve into two teams if there was aa “A” level, but could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listed to the Bismarck (ex) coach interview on the radio, very strong opinion that the problem is in Valley City.

I am a North Dakota native and recently moved back to Home after 30 some years away.

I went into that valley city office and asked a question about region 1-8 in class B basketball why can’t they be called like the old days Badlands, Turtle Mts, Red River, Oilwell conference ‘s and need 4 more names. that would be easy you get my point.

They kind just laughed at me for that suggestion. Out of state folks don’t really have a clue where region 6 is.?

I agree with the fine you g hockey coach the problems is in The Valley city office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hockey "classes" cant be based off of school attendence. 

The needed hockey division needs to be based off of youth program numbers, projections, and retention percentages.

Hockey is a different animal, no matter what the high school attendence is, you cant just pull kids into joining the hockey team.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bajadanny said:

Just listed to the Bismarck (ex) coach interview on the radio, very strong opinion that the problem is in Valley City.

I am a North Dakota native and recently moved back to Home after 30 some years away.

I went into that valley city office and asked a question about region 1-8 in class B basketball why can’t they be called like the old days Badlands, Turtle Mts, Red River, Oilwell conference ‘s and need 4 more names. that would be easy you get my point.

They kind just laughed at me for that suggestion. Out of state folks don’t really have a clue where region 6 is.?

I agree with the fine you g hockey coach the problems is in The Valley city office

Definitely shocked they laughed at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Definitely shocked they laughed at you.

Why'd the needle on my cynicism meter just bounce off the top limit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bajadanny said:

I went into that valley city office and asked a question about region 1-8 in class B basketball why can’t they be called like the old days Badlands, Turtle Mts, Red River, Oilwell conference ‘s and need 4 more names. that would be easy you get my point.

1. The Tall Towers Conference is dead. Sorry you missed the wake. 
2. Changing the names will solve declining population and changing demographics (fewer kids)? 

C'mon man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news who Ryan Ladouceur's assistant coaches will be at RR?

Also is he back working at the Ralph Hockey Academy for his FT job?

Jaksen Panzer will be playing for EGF next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Any news who Ryan Ladouceur's assistant coaches will be at RR?

Also is he back working at the Ralph Hockey Academy for his FT job?

Jaksen Panzer will be playing for EGF next season.

I know for a fact that he is registered at Central.  So I don't think this is true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ND high school players are playing USHL/NAHL/MJHL in 2019-2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, ChadR said:

What ND high school players are playing USHL/NAHL/MJHL in 2019-2020?

Rumors are Cole Spicer will be playing somewhere other than GFC this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Rumors are Cole Spicer will be playing somewhere other than GFC this season.

In the committed recruits thread someone posted a roster for Honeybaked with Spicer on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tnt said:

In the committed recruits thread someone posted a roster for Honeybaked with Spicer on it.

Interesting move there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChadR said:

Interesting move there.

He was mentioned as a key returnee for Central in the Herald preview for local high school tennis just 10 days ago, so evidently this was a very recent development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...