SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

3 hours ago, NDSU grad said:

As other people have said pushing us drill called. It’s also crazy how the rules of traveling have changed. You can basically change pivot feet in certain circumstances now. 

Dont even get me started on the ‘arc’ rules. 

Traveling is still a thing? I’ve seen some NBA players walk to half court with out a dribble.

Boxing out is still allowed in basketball, but you can't drive so far back to displace other player.  This should be called the same if someone posts up and then backs up all way to hoop.  If the opposing player pushed back or reaches over into your space while you are boxing out it will still be call a push foul.  Not sure if "over the back" was ever actually a call.  I reffed 20 years ago and it wasn't a call or a signal.  

Someone said it earlier, but the biggest problem is the fundamentals.  Most kids refuse contact and won't box out.  They'd rather try and out jump.  I've coached as well.  Real tough mentality to change.  Most kids run under hoop and hold hands straight up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seriously, the reason women suck at hockey is they can’t skate. They can’t skate cause they don’t check and they don’t need to be strong on their skates. Checking=better skating.

Women can’t skate? I think my daughter would strongly disagree 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

:blink:

Am I totally missing out on what's happening with basketball these days?  No boxing out.....?

Yeah, I actually started laughing when he told me we couldn’t box out.  Our whole team was short; it was our only hope to get a rebound.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Watch men play hockey then watch women play hockey. It you can’t tell that one group is vastly better on their skates then you’re blind.

The masoginists are out in force/next they will tell us people of color are inferior,

Thypical of the Cult  memberd.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seriously, the reason women suck at hockey is they can’t skate. They can’t skate cause they don’t check and they don’t need to be strong on their skates. Checking=better skating.

The fundamentals of sound skating are learned many years prior to allowing checking.  Skating deficiencies, no matter the gender, are not caused by checking.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

The masoginists are out in force/next they will tell us people of color are inferior,

Thypical of the Cult  memberd.

Funny, I’m a feminist. I’m also not blind. Name a variable, other than checking, that would cause the noticeable discrepancy in skating ability. I’ve had this conversation with women’s college hockey players and they think it’s the lack of checking too.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m talking Olympic level hockey. That takes away the unathletic factor and most other variables.

Seriously?  Why are men basketball players better than women? Why are men sprinters faster than women?  Why can men lift more weight than women?  Why can men hit a golf ball further than women?

Many women should implement more checking into whose athletic endeavors as well?