SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You talk as if the Jr Gold programs in the larger city just play outdoors and hockey boosters don’t support them.  A second smaller class could take over the almost entire Jr Gold schedule.

The Jr Gold programs can be taken over by private schools and those schools would see an enrollment growth.  Recognize there is are problems (like hockey players would need to project who gets cut if they wants playing time) to overcome that, but you didn’t even know about St Mary’s program so can’t expect you to know much.

You just aint right in the get it dept arr ya???. dear lord man.... wow

11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I Coming from a poster that won’t concede he was wrong.  St Mary’s had its own program and that Shanley formerly did but currently is in a co-op, that’s rich.

OMG  .... NOBODY ever claimed those programs didn't exist. YOU concocted information related from a past that has NO relation to a future, inserted it into a thread you have abysmal knowledge about, and vastly misinterpreted the purpose and direction of said discussion.

Then you insist on continuing to try and "win" a imagined contention, that does not exist. Just awkward, baffling levels of WTF in this thought process.

Reading is difficult. I get that. comprehension even more so it seems.  As evidenced by continual hot takes that shake out to have the long-range accuracy of a bent pistol.

To be as consistently off about darn near everything ever typed ... and yet continue to blather is remarkable.

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

This shows you how weak the West is. WF Sheyenne, who are last in the East, beat Jamestown, who is third in the West, 4-0 and outshooting them 44-13. 

Century did take care of business against RR ... but Central.... geeez GFC just annihilated BHS was it 10-1... whatever it was, it didnt sound that close.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Century did take care of business against RR ... but Central.... geeez GFC just annihilated BHS was it 10-1... whatever it was, it didnt sound that close.

And Century lost to Bismarck 1-0 not long ago. I could see a clean sweep from the east in the opening round at state 

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how good or bad BHS and Century are each season, they always seem to have a super tight game every time. Great rivalry! Century wins the extra point in a shootout. 3-3

DL goalie saved 37/38 shots to help them claim 3 unexpected EDC points over RR to keep themselves out of the play-in game most likely. 

GFC breaks the record for most consecutive wins in a row at 35. In the last 4 seasons they have only lost 5 games; 4 of them were to ND teams, and 3 of those 4 were to RR. I have a hunch they will carry this win streak well into next season. I really hope WFS and maybe a few other teams will play a 6pt game with them to allow them to schedule a high caliber MN team. 

Minot took care of business against Williston last night by finally having some success putting the puck in the net. Minot over the Coyotes 11-1. I was wrong on my prediction of them doing that all season long, but better late than never, and nothing wrong with getting hot this time of year!

Mayville continues to show that they need a tougher schedule next season as they roll Bagley/Fosston 7-0. 

Davies is all over the place. After losing to both Bismarck schools they destroy WFS 14-1

FSS continues to impress by solidifying their top 4 spot in the EDC. FSS over FN 3-1. I see them beating GPR tonight

Jamestown over Mandan 5-2. J-town has come on pretty strong out west this season. I expect to see them at state, but they will be outmatched by pretty much any team in the EDC. 

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

No matter how good or bad BHS and Century are each season, they always seem to have a super tight game every time. Great rivalry! Century wins the extra point in a shootout. 3-3

DL goalie saved 37/38 shots to help them claim 3 unexpected EDC points over RR to keep themselves out of the play-in game most likely. 

GFC breaks the record for most consecutive wins in a row at 35. In the last 4 seasons they have only lost 5 games; 4 of them were to ND teams, and 3 of those 4 were to RR. I have a hunch they will carry this win streak well into next season. I really hope WFS and maybe a few other teams will play a 6pt game with them to allow them to schedule a high caliber MN team. 

Minot took care of business against Williston last night by finally having some success putting the puck in the net. Minot over the Coyotes 11-1. I was wrong on my prediction of them doing that all season long, but better late than never, and nothing wrong with getting hot this time of year!

Mayville continues to show that they need a tougher schedule next season as they roll Bagley/Fosston 7-0. 

Davies is all over the place. After losing to both Bismarck schools they destroy WFS 14-1

FSS continues to impress by solidifying their top 4 spot in the EDC. FSS over FN 3-1. I see them beating GPR tonight

Jamestown over Mandan 5-2. J-town has come on pretty strong out west this season. I expect to see them at state, but they will be outmatched by pretty much any team in the EDC. 

Jamestown has one line and a decent goalie. Other than that not much. The West is so weak this year. The Jays have not won a game besides beating west teams. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Was at the West Fargo @ GF Central game Tuesday night at Purpur. Final was 8-0 GFC, shots were 49-8 in favor of GFC.

Unreal talent and depth at Central this year. Big kids who can skate and make plays happen.

I can say with confidence that GFC would win the Minnesota 1A championship  this season. Hermantown and St. Cloud Cathedral seem to be ahead of the pack but I see GFC beating both of them. I'm not sure where they would fit in the 2A class, but I don't think it's a stretch that they would be top 10. Thoughts?

My judgement comes off them romping a #3 ranked EGF team 8-1 and 5-2 and well as the spanking of #8 Orono team 10-0.   

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

.@WDAYSports has learned that Fargo Davies boys hockey head coach Scott Petersen and his entire staff resigned today because of personal reasons. The JV coach is managing practice today with the hope of an interim coach being hired in the next 24 hours.

Alright this is odd. Loose lips sink ships, what’s the true reason here?

10 hours ago, petey23 said:

Dean Wilson is going to coach the Davies team for the remainder of the season. Huge upgrade even under the circumstances.

I agree. I’ve had the privilege of coaching with Dean for a couple summers when our daughters were on the same AAA team. He tells it like it is and is one hell of a coach 

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2019 at 12:00 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Was at the West Fargo @ GF Central game Tuesday night at Purpur. Final was 8-0 GFC, shots were 49-8 in favor of GFC.

Unreal talent and depth at Central this year. Big kids who can skate and make plays happen.

Berry needs to recruit these players. At least they know how to score.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2