SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS goofers GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

Finally got to sit down and watch late into the second.  Shots were 14-14.  From my vantage point, this was a great win by the team.  Totally dominating zone time and getting good looks.  I REALLY want to know what Cole Smith said to the Gophers goalie on the first goal.  Hope everyone in Vegas is having a blast!

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Jupiter failed to say the fisticuffs were started by Minnesota :D

Sure seemed like it started after a hit at the final buzzer by the UMN-Twin Cities campus player.  But...let them keep pushing the narrative about UND being dirty, the win feels the same either way.  I hope the gophers players and staff enjoyed that atmosphere.  They won't see anything remotely close to that for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

What a game. I'd say offense is still a bit of concern but they found ways to score and the defense plus Scheel did a phenomenal job. They put on a clinic and really limited Minnesota's offensive zone time. 

I'd say Scheel has made a statement to be the starting goalie. Gardner and Poolman had hell of a game. As siouxfan512 mentioned, Senden is definitely an unsung hero. He's going to be a good 4 year player for UND.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Some pretty entertaining stuff going on over on GPL!!  The greatest city on earth has been completely disgraced!

1 minute ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Biggest meltdown since chernobyl! Someone in the thread was scoffing at the number of empty seats to a "sold out" game. 

Didn't read it.  But...they are from freaking Minnesohhhta!  Always loved the superior attitude from those d bags.  Hillarious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Biggest meltdown since chernobyl! Someone in the thread was scoffing at the number of empty seats to a "sold out" game. 

Not like they know what "sold out" is anymore.

A lot of whining about the glass stoppages by them, but that did give their team time to rest.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts:

-All comments on Senden spot on.  Love his game.  Captain his senior year.  

-Scheel.  Calm.  Collected.  Nothing flashy.  Nothing dumb playing the puck.  His net for now.

-Our forwards bury their chances and its 5-1.  All over their draft picks on the back end.  One negative would be the lack of finishing.  

-Colton Poolmans last year in GF.  Enjoy watching perhaps the best all around d man in college hockey this year.

-Can games like this be played at facilities with seamless glass from now on?  Too much?

Lot of "let's go sioux" in the building tonight.  Don't worry, that will die out just like Central Redskins did.  And the younger Engelstads are going to give all their money to UNLV, and likely move the Ralph to the strip down there.  

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thoughts:

-All comments on Senden spot on.  Love his game.  Captain his senior year.  

-Scheel.  Calm.  Collected.  Nothing flashy.  Nothing dumb playing the puck.  His net for now.

-Our forwards bury their chances and its 5-1.  All over their draft picks on the back end.  One negative would be the lack of finishing.  

-Colton Poolmans last year in GF.  Enjoy watching perhaps the best all around d man in college hockey this year.

-Can games like this be played at facilities with seamless glass from now on?  Too much?

Lot of "let's go sioux" in the building tonight.  Don't worry, that will die out just like Central Redskins did.  And the younger Engelstads are going to give all their money to UNLV, and likely move the Ralph to the strip down there.  

I'll say their goalie bailed them out at times.

50 minutes ago, cberkas said:

UND controlled the game, outside of the garbage 5, Minnesota wasn't really into the game.

If Orleans Arena can get the glass issue fixed and bring NHL style boards and glass. It would be a nice arena for UNLV if they go D1.

Not sure Orleans could ever be a home to D1 UNLV, i know they had an ECHL team but with all the ither events Id thinknit would be tough to fill and schedule.

Now, a regional???.... I can see that in the future. Arena size perfect, easy to get to for differe fan bases quickly and alternative draws for fans to decide to attend.

I think we see Orleans bid a region with ASU, UND?, UNLV,........ hosting.

I can also see a Frozen Four bid for Tmobile. 

19 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Not sure Orleans could ever be a home to D1 UNLV, i know they had an ECHL team but with all the ither events Id thinknit would be tough to fill and schedule.

Now, a regional???.... I can see that in the future. Arena size perfect, easy to get to for differe fan bases quickly and alternative draws for fans to decide to attend.

I think we see Orleans bid a region with ASU, UND?, UNLV,........ hosting.

I can also see a Frozen Four bid for Tmobile. 

There is supposedly going to be two new arenas being built there (one for a NBA), and that could take events from Orleans.

Fabulous, smothering hockey played by the boys, starting at the end of Minnesota's major powerplay.

Statistics sometimes mislead, but tonight I think the SOG for MN tell the story:

At the end of MN major, they had 13 shots on goal (first 28 minutes). 

The next 30 minutes of play, just 2 SOG.   We were smothering them, and it was great to see, for a long stretch, this UND team show just how good they can be.

Well done.

• Upvote 1