SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS goofers GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

5 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Top Ten Reasons the Gopher fans didn't come:

10.  Too busy rowing at the football game.

9.  There's a lot to do on Saturday's in Minnesota; hockey just doesn't matter.

8.  There was a Wild game on Thursday.

7.  There's an election coming up in 10 days.

6.  Vegas isn't any fun anyway.

5.  Mourning the departure of Lucia.

4.  They are so stoked for Big Ten season that nonconference games are just meh.

3. Their most dedicated fans were told by Twin Cities police not to leave town.

2.  There's beer and gambling in Minnesota too, doncha know.

1.  Maybe all their fans did come.

Awesome list! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You're telling me Gopher fans are complaining about the lack of North Dakota fans in Las Vegas? 

I suppose many of them couldn't make the trip because they were out too late on Friday night "rowing the boat" over at TCF... 

:lol:

17 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Top Ten Reasons the Gopher fans didn't come:

10.  Too busy rowing at the football game.

I aee you read my stuff...

This crowd was amazing, like some of the best games in the Winter Sports Center / later named Ralph Engelstad Arena, from before start through past the finish of the game.  The new Ralph somehow just doesn't have this what I will call here very energetic cheering for the whole game (don't know if it''s like the more family philosophy at today's games or what. The electricity was in the air like for a F4 Game.  I would say most fans yesterday at the game gave it all they had.  The PA system played all the right songs for the fans to enthusiastically join in. This was a top shelf production. My daughter ran into and chatted with some Goof fans after period 1 and they just couldn't believe all the cheering and how energetic allllll the fans were.  Well worth the trip, met many friends at tailgating that I haven't seen for many years. Started the tailgating at noon with the FB game on a large screen. Many fans that didn't have tickets stayed in the tailgating to watch the hockey game on the outdoor screen. 

The Hawks played very good, and had to mature a ton in this game.

To Coach Motzko, who recently joined the team with the .0001 scar, this was a non conference early season game. To most fans that attended it was a big win over an old time rival,  and one of the better game experiences they have attended.

• Upvote 3

http://m.startribune.com/north-dakota-hockey-fans-greatly-outnumber-those-of-gophers-in-las-vegas/498757481/

I certainly hope UND fans didn’t spit or throw beers on these folks like they claim. I don’t recall hearing about this happening last season during the UND/Gopher series. If it did, I’d hope they’d have reported it. 

31 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

School was important to Jost and his mom too... just sayin

Colton.......or Tucker is no Jost. Get the education part but to make that analogy is a stretch. Jost was a first round draft pick with big money waiting with the potential for even bigger money down the road. He was a lock to play in the NHL almost immediately. Colton is undrafted I believe. Tucker was a 5th round pick and I don't believe he's played a game in the NHL so far this year.  Education important to both yes but apples and to oranges.

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

http://m.startribune.com/north-dakota-hockey-fans-greatly-outnumber-those-of-gophers-in-las-vegas/498757481/

I certainly hope UND fans didn’t spit or throw beers on these folks like they claim. I don’t recall hearing about this happening last season during the UND/Gopher series. If it did, I’d hope they’d have reported it. 

My guess is Cody got in touch with Michael Avenatti before throwing out that tidbit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Colton.......or Tucker is no Jost. Get the education part but to make that analogy is a stretch. Jost was a first round draft pick with big money waiting with the potential for even bigger money down the road. He was a lock to play in the NHL almost immediately. Colton is undrafted I believe. Tucker was a 5th round pick and I don't believe he's played a game in the NFL so far this year.  Education important to both yes but apples and to oranges.

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't think he will ever play one either.

:bigsmile:

20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I can vouche for Shawn-O last night......looked a little rough! ;)

I thought I was quite handsome and Mrs. Shawn-O was ravishing as always.  ;)  Good seeing you @Oxbow6, we moved up top during period 3, as the guy behind us was a bit on the obnoxious order.    

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Colton.......or Tucker is no Jost. Get the education part but to make that analogy is a stretch. Jost was a first round draft pick with big money waiting with the potential for even bigger money down the road. He was a lock to play in the NHL almost immediately. Colton is undrafted I believe. Tucker was a 5th round pick and I don't believe he's played a game in the NHL so far this year.  Education important to both yes but apples and to oranges.

He... and others may also be seeing the effects of leaving early on a player like Jost, who has been struggling mightily this year and is now out indefinitely concussed.... injured a lot last year too.

The kid needed to develop and a strong case can be made that he should have been on the ice in Vegas Saturday night.

He went from the BCHL to the NHL in basically 12 months, strength and manbody development in college would have given him a much better chance at becoming an NHL stud..... which he very well still may become.

Purposely waited until today to come on here and post. 

I am hopeful a number of Sioux fans went to the VGK game last night to figure out what sportsmanship and team support is.

Some of the Sioux fans that attended the Gophers vs Sioux game are an absolute disgrace.

You were playing a neutral site game, that game was a couple thousand miles away. Sioux fans showed and they showed large (congrats on that), but some of those fans you all should be ashamed of. I’m from the Minnesota, and live in Vegas now so the Gophers coming to Vegas wasn’t going to be missed. 

I’m cool with the trash talk, “gophers suck” and all that crap. But for the love of god, cus out the ref on the checking from behind penalty, throwing ice at a kid when cheering for the gopher goal. Grow up and have some class. Hopefully those idiots went to the VGK game and saw how real hockey fans act. Do better Sioux. You showed large, and you won congrats. Probably time to look at your friends and fan base and ask if those people should be a part of it.