SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS goofers GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

10 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Every fan base has good and bad fans.  If you think the Vegas Knights are any different you are delusional.  Even more so if you think if it had been a majority Gopher fans at the game and it would have been any different.  The "checking from behind" penalty was a terrible call.  I do however agree with you that no fans, from any school, should ever harass or assault fans from another school for cheering for their school.  

I would disagree with you Vegas is much like a San Deigo or Miami. We just don’t care, we are there for a show and if you root for the other team so be it. VGK fan may boo you, but we’re not throwing ice or assulting you.

You can argue the level or caring is good or bad, but that’s a separate discussion. 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You're right.  I've never once seen a Gopher fan do anything like that.  They are always the epitome of class, especially when they heavily outnumber the opposing team fans.

So your answer for throwing ice at a kid is “everyone does it”? Be better. Just be better.

No one should be doing that. 

Wow. Some of the comments are clueless. I Was surprised that Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh was allowed to officate this game, but the Gophers played a very undiciplined game. I thought that UND outplayed the Gophers for most of the game and that their goalie kept them in the game. 

yourwelcome1 day ago

NCHC Officials - if the penalty opportunities are even the Gophers win, If the NCHC officials let the crowd influence their calls North Dakota wins

9 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I guess you missed the gopher fan by us who spent the entire game yelling, Sioux no no! And trying his best to be an àss. He succeeded. 

Not concerned with the yelling, (assuming he wasn’t cussing). Concerned with physical harm. Cheering on either side is cool and expected  General rule is don’t be a dick, and if your with a fan who is don’t encourage it  

13 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This crowd was amazing, like some of the best games in the Winter Sports Center / later named Ralph Engelstad Arena, from before start through past the finish of the game.  The new Ralph somehow just doesn't have this what I will call here very energetic cheering for the whole game (don't know if it''s like the more family philosophy at today's games or what. The electricity was in the air like for a F4 Game.  I would say most fans yesterday at the game gave it all they had.  The PA system played all the right songs for the fans to enthusiastically join in. This was a top shelf production. My daughter ran into and chatted with some Goof fans after period 1 and they just couldn't believe all the cheering and how energetic allllll the fans were.  Well worth the trip, met many friends at tailgating that I haven't seen for many years. Started the tailgating at noon with the FB game on a large screen. Many fans that didn't have tickets stayed in the tailgating to watch the hockey game on the outdoor screen. 

The Hawks played very good, and had to mature a ton in this game.

To Coach Motzko, who recently joined the team with the .0001 scar, this was a non conference early season game. To most fans that attended it was a big win over an old time rival,  and one of the better game experiences they have attended.

The problem with the atmosphere at the new Ralph is that it’s too commercialized. Instead of playing the “right music” to keep the crowd into it during stoppages of play, they run another Steamatic commercial and quite the crowd. This bothers me frequently. A big hit, a big save, a scrum happens and when the whistle blows the Ralph runs a commercial ad instead of replays and music. Just quiets the crowd instead of jacking them up. I go to Wild games and Jets games and even though they have a big lease payment and 100 million in salaries, they don’t have near the commercials we do at the free rink with no salary cap. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dustnyou said:

The problem with the atmosphere at the new Ralph is that it’s too commercialized. Instead of playing the “right music” to keep the crowd into it during stoppages of play, they run another Steamatic commercial and quite the crowd. This bothers me frequently. A big hit, a big save, a scrum happens and when the whistle blows the Ralph runs a commercial ad instead of replays and music. Just quiets the crowd instead of jacking them up. I go to Wild games and Jets games and even though they have a big lease payment and 100 million in salaries, they don’t have near the commercials we do at the free rink with no salary cap. 

Totally agree.  One of the best and most refreshing things about the game on Saturday was that there were no adds playing on the big screen or adds playing during stoppages of play.  (Or at least I didn't notice any).  The one thing that has yet to be mentioned is the music that was played during the stoppages!!  Great songs with great bass beats to get fans clapping.  Also some great remixes!!  The music was one of the more underrated aspects of the game that I thought was great!!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Considering your name is boozehound, I don't take your comments 100% seriously but I'll respond. 
Every fan base has "bad fans", that is a given. Gopher fans are no better than UND fans. I have seen many Gopher fans cuss out the refs and yell obscenities towards the players in front of children. My wife and I have even been threatened at the Final Five in the past by Gopher fans, I've also witnessed it (especially with the younger crowd). So please, don't stand on a soapbox and pound your chest as being holier than thou because you are not. The fact that you came to a fan forum to "chastise" us, just shows that you are here to be a troll but you are also part of a fan base that is just as (or at times worse) than any other fan base in the country. 

Can you find me one time where I said Gophers fans are great? I’ll wait well you find that....

Oh you couldn’t. Of course I can’t comment on Gophers fans here, because none of the threats or physical acts were from Gophers fans. This probably has something to do with the fact that so few showed up, no arguement there. My post was Sioux fans took there traveling show to Vegas, and some didn’t represent well.

Probably time to make sure you aren’t part of that, and if you aren’t maybe just be a better human and tell the idiots who are to chill a step. It’s a game man. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Boozehound said:

I would disagree with you Vegas is much like a San Deigo or Miami. We just don’t care, we are there for a show and if you root for the other team so be it. VGK fan may boo you, but we’re not throwing ice or assulting you.

You can argue the level or caring is good or bad, but that’s a separate discussion. 

Believe me there are terrible goph fans too...they just weren't at the game.  I was at the Sioux goph game in Minny two year ago....there were terrible fans there too.  Live with it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boozehound said:

Can you find me one time where I said Gophers fans are great? I’ll wait well you find that....

Oh you couldn’t. Of course I can’t comment on Gophers fans here, because none of the threats or physical acts were from Gophers fans. This probably has something to do with the fact that so few showed up, no arguement there. My post was Sioux fans took there traveling show to Vegas, and some didn’t represent well.

Probably time to make sure you aren’t part of that, and if you aren’t maybe just be a better human and tell the idiots who are to chill a step. It’s a game man. 

Can you tell me where I quoted you in saying Gopher Fans are great? I'll wait for you to find it..... 
I am telling you every fan base has those handful of fans that ruin it for everyone. VGK have them, the Wild, Blackhawks, Kings, Rangers, etc... all have those fans that act stupid. You are basing your argument on a team who is in year two of their existence and of your experience of only going to hockey game in Vegas, no where else. Pretty much a one sided lecture on how much better you and the rest of the bandwagon VGK fans are  than everyone else.

Again, no one is defending the actions of the small idiots that do this sort of thing but everyone is so immune to it that its not that big of a deal to regular fans who travel to watch hockey in other areas. Maybe if you left your small area of Las Vegas and checked out hockey you would see that VGK or any other team acts the same way.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Believe me there are terrible goph fans too...they just weren't at the game.  I was at the Sioux goph game in Minny two year ago....there were terrible fans there too.  Live with it.

I've found over the years that all fan bases have about 5-10 percent of their fan base that ruin it for the whole bunch. However, I have found that Clown fans and Gopher fans are the worst. For the most part, Wisconsin fans are fun to drink with. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Boozehound said:

You best go preach on gpl as well. And tell them those that would do 3000 damage on a car because the owner was a sioux fan need to be told by fellow gopher fans to knock if  off.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Boozehound said:

My post was Sioux fans took there traveling show to Vegas, and some didn’t represent well.

Thanks for being our moral authority, friend. We'll do better. I promise. :silly:

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Can you tell me where I quoted you in saying Gopher Fans are great? I'll wait for you to find it..... 
I am telling you every fan base has those handful of fans that ruin it for everyone. VGK have them, the Wild, Blackhawks, Kings, Rangers, etc... all have those fans that act stupid. You are basing your argument on a team who is in year two of their existence and of your experience of only going to hockey game in Vegas, no where else. Pretty much a one sided lecture on how much better you and the rest of the bandwagon VGK fans are  than everyone else.

Again, no one is defending the actions of the small idiots that do this sort of thing but everyone is so immune to it that its not that big of a deal to regular fans who travel to watch hockey in other areas. Maybe if you left your small area of Las Vegas and checked out hockey you would see that VGK or any other team acts the same way.

How you going to say that a team in existence two years has bandwagon fans....remarkable. 

I’ve attend a number of away games as a VGK fan and Gophers fan so believe me I’ve been outside my “bubble”. 

Not saying any fans are better, they all have there issues. Simply saying when your traveling road show involve a high number of those fans probably best to look at your fan base and see if it’s people you want to associate with. 

8 minutes ago, sprig said:

You best go preach on gpl as well. And tell them those that would do 3000 damage on a car because the owner was a sioux fan need to be told by fellow gopher fans to knock if  off.

They need to be arrested and then banned from Gopher home games. Plain and simple

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, thanks for being the moral authority. What was your purpose coming on here? To tell us we have some fans that aren't nice?

Jeebus.

Coming on a message board full of some of the more diehard members of our fanbase to tell us some fans are jerks like we are not already aware is kind of extra... 

• Upvote 1

It's crazy that this user is a real person that thought to themselves 'I know what I'll do today, I'm going to go on a rival message board for the 1st time and start by chastising their fanbase'THEN let's act indignant and shocked when I don't get a good reaction.'

Why do Minnesota sports fans have such a proclivity to deflect to this kind of crap every time their team chokes?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Coming on a message board full of some of the more diehard members of our fanbase to tell us some fans are jerks like we are not already aware is kind of extra... 

This! This is the WHOLE point. The good die-hard members of your fan base are aware, yet won’t do anything. So you have to ask yourself, whose the issue. The people doing it, or the people who won’t stop it. 

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It's crazy that this user is a real person that thought to themselves 'I know what I'll do today, I'm going to go on a rival message board for the 1st time and start by chastising their fanbase'THEN let's act indignant and shocked when I don't get a good reaction.'

Why do Minnesota sports fans have such a proclivity to deflect to this kind of crap every time their team chokes?

Who’s indignant? Self assess, be better. Just be better is all I’m saving, you showed great impressive actually. Represent better while there. 

22 minutes ago, Boozehound said:

How you going to say that a team in existence two years has bandwagon fans....remarkable. 

I’ve attend a number of away games as a VGK fan and Gophers fan so believe me I’ve been outside my “bubble”. 

Not saying any fans are better, they all have there issues. Simply saying when your traveling road show involve a high number of those fans probably best to look at your fan base and see if it’s people you want to associate with. 

It's easy to say bandwagon fans because there are.

Do you go on their message boards to give them some moral lecture on how to behave?

No one here is saying that we associate with them. As a matter of fact, I am willing to bet that those bad apples that we have are even on the message board. Also, us fans are not superman, we cannot be everywhere to protect little susie!