SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Montana

forksandspoons

6 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Need to win. Need a packed house. Will be a great day in Grand Forks with the opportunity to watch D1 football and D1 hockey in the same day.

I'd almost say this is a Must win game.  1. There will likely be a good crowd because it's against Montana, and need to recoup some of the enthusiasm that was lost with home loss to Idaho State.  If we lose to Montana, I'd say the casual fans may mostly be done for the year and will be poor attendance going forward.  A win and there will be some excitement again.  2. We need another win against a ranked team and we need to start climbing back into the polls.  3.  We need a Montana pelt this year in a bad way.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It's the Griz after a UND win this past Saturday and a bye week ahead. Plus hockey later that day. I'll take the over.

Easily over... you have to remember for the causal fan, the Idaho State game was entertaining even when the results were not.  For the hardcore fan on here including myself the lost felt like a knife through the heart along with great disappointment.  My wife and her friend ..causal fans to say the least had a blast with the whole day to include the parade and tailgating. A great fan experience and are planning to attend the montana game. The casual fan may not remember the game like you and me, a different perspective I guess.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It's the Griz after a UND win this past Saturday and a bye week ahead. Plus hockey later that day. I'll take the over.

Ya, great opportunity for fans/alumni that live far away to get two sports in one weekend. I say 10,500, hopefully none will walk away disappointed. 

45 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Easily over... you have to remember for the causal fan, the Idaho State game was entertaining even when the results were not.  For the hardcore fan on here including myself the lost felt like a knife through the heart along with great disappointment.  My wife and her friend ..causal fans to say the least had a blast with the whole day to include the parade and tailgating. A great fan experience and are planning to attend the montana game. The casual fan may not remember the game like you and me, a different perspective I guess.  

The Idaho State  game second half was not entertaining and the crowd was basically dead for most of the game after we fumbled. I hope that we can get over 10,000 but won’t be surprised if we dont. 

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

The Idaho State  game second half was not entertaining and the crowd was basically dead for most of the game after we fumbled. I hope that we can get over 10,000 but won’t be surprised if we dont. 

Montana also travels quite well.  I’m sure they will use their allotted tickets and then some.

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I agree - 7-4 and we will not be a playoff team.  Need at least one more win.  May as well make it two more.

If UND beats Montana or Weber they will get in at 7-4.  Beat them both and they are for sure in at 7-4 but I would suspect they are 8-3 then.