SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Why not? It’s tough to watch trash. 1 team has made the playoffs once in the last decade+, I team has missed the playoffs once in the last decade+

ill let you figure out the details.

Don't degrade the team you cheer for because they lost one game.

Saying you don't care cause hockey is around the corner doesn't help the football team build for the future.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Who cares. Don't degrade the team you cheer for because they lost one game.

Saying you don't care cause hockey is around the corner doesn't help the football team build for the future.

I never said I don’t care about football. I will still watch. I’m just looking forward to hockey so I can banknon some wins over the weekend. 

Program has talent but needs a culuturalnoverhaul and that starts with coaching. You don’t get a big slide from me for winning one big game then flipping your performance to this. Schmidt’s D was complete crap and Rudy reverted to well, Rudy when the game got tough. Players could have done better, sure, but the coaches have developed this culture or lack there of.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Who cares. Don't degrade the team you cheer for because they lost one game.

This coaching staff doesn’t help the future of this football team either. Two second half collapses. Two straight games getting out coached after halftime. It’s getting ridiculous. Bubba is a nice guy, but the results just aren’t there.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BrandonH61 said:

This coaching staff doesn’t help the future of this football team either. Two second half collapses. Two straight games getting out coached after halftime. It’s getting ridiculous. Bubba is a nice guy, but the results just aren’t there.

Criticism of the program is certainly fair play.

Why did we abandon the run at the end of the game?

We had all of our timeouts.

We had a minute and change to work with.

We could have kept running the ball with our three RBs and used our timeouts as needed. By the time we got into the end zone, ISU wouldn't have had time to do anything.

But we kept throwing on every down and put our QB into a bad situation at the end.

I just don't understand that thinking.

And yes, this is on Rudolph. He calls the plays, he needs to be called out for the bad play selection at the end of the game.

Having said all that, if this team wins out, no one will even remember what happened today.

12 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

As usual, we looked good against the tough teams like SHSU and then pull this stunt against a poor team like Idaho State.

The problem with this, is that Idaho State is not a poor team, they are a average team just like us. We are not head and shoulders above these kinds of teams. We are Idaho State, Sac State, Indiana State and it's frustrating as hell 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We could have kept running the ball with our three RBs and used our timeouts as needed. By the time we got into the end zone, ISU wouldn't have had time to do anything.

But we kept throwing on every down and put our QB into a bad situation at the end.

And yes, this is on Rudolph. He calls the plays, he needs to be called out for the bad play selection at the end of the game.

Having said all that, if this team wins out, no one will even remember what happened today.

Largest “if” ever... 

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we pound the rock in the 4 th quarter we win going away.  Makes no sense at all.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Tangolou said:

The problem with this, is that Idaho State is not a poor team, they are a average team just like us. We are not head and shoulders above these kinds of teams. We are Idaho State, Sac State, Indiana State and it's frustrating as hell 

How the heck do we beat Sam Houston State in their house, a place they rarely ever lose at, and then have some fat, McDonald's loving guy run up the gut for big yardage untouched over and over and over again in the first half? :angry:

Maddening.

Having said that, I will continue supporting this team and they still can have a good season.