SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Just back from game.  So disappointing. 

A couple of plays in second half where we had one wr in pattern and no other options. He was triple covered but threw there anyway. Poor play design. 

Missed earlier discussion.  On first interception- what happened.  Santiago swung out of backfield to right and was wide open. Instead threw to linebacker with no UND players close. 

Edited by Siouxperman8

19 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Unds “big” win, Sam Houston, going to lose two in a row.  

Unds D though not perfect....is capable of making  adjustments. 

Unds O is simply embarrassing.  FIVE YEARS OF !@#$!!!! Has been and always will be under Rudy ....

Offense had chances today.  So did the defense.  Didn’t make the plays

20 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Stop blaming the coaching staff. The team had plenty of chances to win the game and the players blew it. The players have to learn how to win consistently. They obviously aren't there yet. 

Coaches recruit the players, install the schedule and expectations, and finally, on game day, call the plays.

Blame always comes back to the coaches no matter how you spin it, particularly when looking at a large sample size (3+ seasons)

• Upvote 1

I see the Rudy bashing, but when your D can NOT figure out a scheme to shut down a running game, and the QB can run OVER guys who simply don't know how to tackle, we NEVER on this site, ask for Schmidt's head.

EVER

Why does it take till the 2nd half to make "adjustments"?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I gotta tell ya, this team knows how to !@#$ up momentum.  Year after year.

11,000+ people fired up after last week and they lay an egg. AGAIN.

This is the worst; it’s become the absolute norm for UND under Bubba.Tom Miller’s article sort of predicted this would happen. The mental make-up of Bubba’s teams is lacking and it leads to no consistency.

4 minutes ago, shep said:

I see the Rudy bashing, but when your D can NOT figure out a scheme to shut down a running game, and the QB can run OVER guys who simply don't know how to tackle, we NEVER on this site, ask for Schmidt's head.

EVER

Schmidt doesn’t walk on water, but when comparing UND’s offense to UND’s defense, it’s obvious which one is truly pathetic.

I’m a pitcher of margaritas into it and I’ve decided I’m still a UND football fan (hockey second). I believe we can still win a national championship with Bubba as the head coach, but it won’t be this year. I believe we need to create consistency within the program and Bubba will give us that. He can coach here for ten more years but he’ll have some tough decisions after the season as to what his staff will look like next year. 

6 minutes ago, bang said:

I’m a pitcher of margaritas into it and I’ve decided I’m still a UND football fan (hockey second). I believe we can still win a national championship with Bubba as the head coach, but it won’t be this year. I believe we need to create consistency within the program and Bubba will give us that. He can coach here for ten more years but he’ll have some tough decisions after the season as to what his staff will look like next year. 

He will be approached at season's end with a choice-make staff changes or the whole staff will be changed.

After the second half against SHSU, I can give Schmidt a bit longer of a leash than Rudy.

Defense wasn't good in stretches today, but it ain't close to the offensive issues this team has.

How will it get better next year without Santiago and Brady?  Guess it can't get much worse. 

4 minutes ago, shep said:

EVER

The D gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. They made adjustments. Although not perfect ....it was MUCH better than the 1st half where Idaho st was just shy of 400 yards.  Yet, the bengals made defensive adjustments late 2nd qtr and completely shut down Unds O from that point on.  I get it that Idaho st is known nationally for their defense  (maximum sarcasm )....but I was thinking und would be able to score double digits at home against them.   Rudy can’t adjust !!!!!!!!!!  FIVE FUNKING YEARS!!!!!!   Same damn thing over and over and over and over.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

The D gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. They made adjustments. Although not perfect ....it was MUCH better than the 1st half where Idaho st was just shy of 400 yards.  Yet, the bengals made defensive adjustments late 2nd qtr and completely shut down Unds O from that point on.  I get it that Idaho st is known nationally for their defense  (maximum sarcasm )....but I was thinking und would be able to score double digits at home against them.   Rudy can’t adjust !!!!!!!!!!  FIVE FUNKING YEARS!!!!!!   Same damn thing over and over and over and over.  

But that's my point. It took till the 2nd half (NOT THE 2nd QUARTER) fpr the D to make adjustments. WHY??? WHY couldn't Schmidt see the adjustments in the 2nd quarter????