SiouxSports.com Forum

UND- Idaho State Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If we pound the rock in the 4 th quarter we win going away.  Makes no sense at all.

And we had just blocked a FG and had them on their heels. But no, let's put the ball in the air almost every single down and put our QB in an impossible situation at the end of the game. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sioux90 said:

He didn't play well. He was asked to do too much i guess....

Not his best game but he did put the ball right in cloyds hands in the end zone. He has been kind of disappointing since he got here. Why don’t we ever throw jump balls to wanzek in the end zone? Guy has hands, why not use them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How the heck do we beat Sam Houston State in their house, a place they rarely ever lose at, and then have some fat, McDonald's loving guy run up the gut for big yardage untouched over and over and over again in the first half? :angry:

Maddening.

Having said that, I will continue supporting this team and they still can have a good season.

The point I was trying to make was that I don't think Sam Houston was all that great. I think Idaho State would give them all they want. I've come to realize that I have been thinking we are better than we actually are. There are only a few teams who are as good as I hope we would be. We all know who they are and it sucks ass. 

I agree with you, I will always support this University but It sure is painful at times.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not his best game but he did put the ball right in cloyds hands in the end zone. He has been kind of disappointing since he got here. Why don’t we ever throw jump balls to wanzek in the end zone? Guy has hands, why not use them.

A lot of things didn't make sense in this game. The offense is too basic. Where is the play action? Why force a bad quarterback to throw outside all the time? How about our HUGE tight end...We should be running the ball, then exploiting coverage's with play action pass.

15 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

The problem with this, is that Idaho State is not a poor team, they are a average team just like us. We are not head and shoulders above these kinds of teams. We are Idaho State, Sac State, Indiana State and it's frustrating as hell 

But we still lost to an average team and we lost to an average team that will never make the playoffs this year.    Even the most negative person who expected us to get blown out last week against SHSU thought we'd win today in our own house.   This game says mountains about bubba and his program.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

The point I was trying to make was that I don't think Sam Houston was all that great. I think Idaho State would give them all they want. I've come to realize that I have been thinking we are better than we actually are. There are only a few teams who are as good as I hope we would be. We all know who they are and it sucks ass. 

I agree with you, I will always support this University but It sure is painful at times.

I guess we'll have to wait for the season to unfold to answer those questions. I still think beating SHSU in their house was a big win. We just need to figure out how to follow it up with more wins.

We aren't going to be relevant in FB until we get a coordinator that has a clue.  Bubba lives and dies with Rudy, so that's what we are stuck with.  

Bubba is the coach as long as he wants to be.  Nice guy, works hard, old folks love him, speaks nice at the luncheons, connections inside UND, they will never fire him.

For God sakes Bubba.....please get a new coordinator....please.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Ketteringham fumble on goal line early in game changes everything and UND was never able to fully recover the mojo. If that is punched in, UND wins in blowout.

But it's not early in the games that we have trouble, it's in the second half that the wheels come off the bus.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I guess we'll have to wait for the season to unfold to answer those questions. I still think beating SHSU in their house was a big win. We just need to figure out how to follow it up with more wins.

Might as well lose the rest this year so we can finally get some changes.  Keeping Rudolph has cooked Bubba’s goose. Anyone who thinks this offense could average 10 points a game once we’re in the MVFC is delusional. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

It's true though.  I saw the passion while tailgating, during the game.  They lost another game that we really should have had.  Hats off to Idaho State though.  Just sucks.

The boys made a ton of mistakes today, both players and coaches.  Learn something and move on to the next game but Rudy needs to look at another QB IMO, even most of the completions were thrown poorly. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

No way around it.  If UND wants to be a contender in football, then bubba needs to go.  Sorry if that upsets some people, but it’s the truth.  No way we should lose to Idaho state at home if we want to be taken seriously in football.

I think Bubba is a good person. However I never thought he was the right person for the job. I really would like to be wrong but he just can’t turn the corner. I know I am probably in the minority and that is ok. 

• Upvote 3

I can't wrap my head around this performance.  I really thought after SHSU, the team was on another level.  I really expected this game to never be in doubt.  It was 14-3 before I could get my appetizers in front of me.  Then a Kett fumble and everyone loses their minds.  This loss is on both the players and coaching staff. 

As for the players, they got punched in the mouth once and wilted.  As for the coaches, it seems Bubba and company are lacking the capacity to make the right adjustments and the right calls.

The fans, just on this site, instantly raised the money to support this program further.  We do deserve a high level product.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BigGame said:

The boys made a ton of mistakes today, both players and coaches.  Learn something and move on to the next game but Rudy needs to look at another QB IMO, even most of the completions were thrown poorly. 

thinking the same thing...kets int was just plain bad...joe mollberg bad...let's see what's brock's got?

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We aren't going to be relevant in FB until we get a coordinator that has a clue.  Bubba lives and dies with Rudy, so that's what we are stuck with.  

Bubba is the coach as long as he wants to be.  Nice guy, works hard, old folks love him, speaks nice at the luncheons, connections inside UND, they will never fire him.

For God sakes Bubba.....please get a new coordinator....please.  

I don’t believe Chaves will subscribe to that. If he does then it’s time for a new AD too.