SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League MBB

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Time to start figuring out how to unseat the Bison next year (I expect them to be favored to return next year). UND needs to HIT on those two scholarships they have left (if verbals is correct). 

What I have admired about Richman (Bison fans can correct me) is he gets his players to play his system.  It’s boring but they play it well.  He has recruited the peices to fit it nicely and they do a pretty good job staying in their sets   

Vinnie will make them go next year.  With our current group we will match up with them ok.  Brown isn’t a great two to defend their physical guards.  I always think we Just can’t play them in a game in the 60s.  Also, Hopefully we can find a 3 to guard Ward in the post.   

They will be the favorite next year but I don’t think they are head and shoulders above the rest.  The league will be tight next year.  

18 minutes ago, homer said:

What I have admired about Richman (Bison fans can correct me) is he gets his players to play his system.  It’s boring but they play it well.  He has recruited the peices to fit it nicely and they do a pretty good job staying in their sets   

Vinnie will make them go next year.  With our current group we will match up with them ok.  Brown isn’t a great two to defend their physical guards.  I always think we Just can’t play them in a game in the 60s.  Also, Hopefully we can find a 3 to guard Ward in the post.   

They will be the favorite next year but I don’t think they are head and shoulders above the rest.  The league will be tight next year.  

Dude, they were dogsh-t most of the year and then started hitting tons of 3s out of nowhere and suddenly became a great team.  What?  Let's all slow our roll a bit, he didn't instantly become a better coach in early March.

Those pieces he recruited didn't fit worth a damn until the Summit League tourney.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, homer said:

IMO, there could be 5-6 teams that have a good chance next year.  Now how the summer goes, there will be changed I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Dude, they were dogsh-t most of the year and then started hitting tons of 3s out of nowhere and suddenly became a great team.  What?  Let's all slow our roll a bit, he didn't instantly become a better coach in early March.

Those pieces he recruited didn't fit worth a damn until the Summit League tourney.  

Where did I say he was great?  My point is what is Jones’ system?  He knows what he wants to be and recruits to a system.  

Also, at our level peaking at tournament time is what’s important so his peices fit at exactly the right time.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, homer said:

Where did I say he was great?  My point is what is Jones’ system?  He knows what he wants to be and recruits to a system.  

Also, at our level peaking at tournament time is what’s important so his peices fit at exactly the right time.  

What is Richman's system...hitting a ton of three's in the SL tourney?  His system sucked balls for the last 2.9 years.  

BTW, their big NCAA tournament win was vs a team that was ranked below UND in Massey ratings. They would have been 7th in the Summit League. 

Let's all just slow it down a bit with how great they are going to be.  

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What is Richman's system...hitting a ton of three's in the SL tourney?  His system sucked balls for the last 2.9 years.  

BTW, their big NCAA tournament win was vs a team that was ranked below UND in Massey ratings. They would have been 7th in the Summit League. 

Mmmm your salty tears are delicious!

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

His system slows a game down and gives them a chance to be in everyone.  

Go back and read, I never said it was great but he does a very good job recruiting the personnel to fit it.  I think UND is more athletic in a lot of spots but what’s our system?  

Let’s be honest about it. If SDSU hadn’t disappeared from tourney(almost a fluke). Richmond was on hot seat and their fans were calling for him to be fired. Fine line between being good or bad in peoples minds. Send flowers to Brookings.