SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

One of the most purely talented players to ever wear a UND uniform. Too bad it's ending like this, which is even a bigger mess than a few months ago. 

Almost looks like him and Reyes had the same person giving them advice. Both some questionable decisions. 

11 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Me-Thinks Geno's college career is likely over.  Hope he is happy with his decision.  No big loss IMO.........

I don’t think any DI team would be interested in having him for the second semester only - especially when he isn’t there to practice with the team during the first semester.  

I am surprised he hasn’t transferred to Augie, St. Cloud or another DII school. I think he could play right away by transferring down.  It still may happen. 

Yep - he really screwed up!!

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

One of the most purely talented players to ever wear a UND uniform. Too bad it's ending like this, which is even a bigger mess than a few months ago. 

Almost looks like him and Reyes had the same person giving them advice. Both some questionable decisions. 

Wouldn't mind having Reyes back this season. Kid was made of glass, but he could ball.

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Thanks Faison....

Link to the podcast?

Gonzaga board has link up ... geno wanted jones to bring in more talent for his final season ..jal looks promising... but not enough to keep geno. Mentioned he was mad at jones for outing his transfer

3 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Gonzaga board has link up ... geno wanted jones to bring in more talent for his final season ..jal looks promising... but not enough to keep geno. Mentioned he was mad at jones for outing his transfer

Why would he be mad about Jones revealing to the public he was transferring.  People were going to find out anyway.  Unless it spoiled his big press conference he was going to have!! :wink:  If he was truly upset about the entire situation, he should have released the info about him transferring before Jones did.   

kramer.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Geno is an idiot.  That's all, just my educated opinion.

• Upvote 1

Had the talent to fill the hole Q left on the court, nowhere near what was needed to fill off it. Needs to take a look in the mirror at who was supposed to take over the team and then think about why they supposedly didn't want to win enough (though I'd guess it be disputed). Geno also knows the staff and other players aren't going to publicly rebuke his comments, feel safe saying the are privately disagreeing with quite a few of his takes. 

Again, wish him well, he's got all the talent in the world, hope he figures it out. It has to be eating him alive having to spend a few extra months at UND after publicly declaring he was destined for bigger and better things. 

Not going to blame the staff for moving on from someone who couldn't make up their mind about wanting to be here and was actively trying to leave. That's not how you build a team. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Had the talent to fill the hole Q left on the court, nowhere near what was needed to fill off it. Needs to take a look in the mirror at who was supposed to take over the team and then think about why they supposedly didn't want to win enough (though I'd guess it be disputed). Geno also knows the staff and other players aren't going to publicly rebuke his comments, feel safe saying the are privately disagreeing with quite a few of his takes. 

Again, wish him well, he's got all the talent in the world, hope he figures it out. It has to be eating him alive having to spend a few extra months at UND after publicly declaring he was destined for bigger and better things. 

Not going to blame the staff for moving on from someone who couldn't make up their mind about wanting to be here and was actively trying to leave. That's not how you build a team. 

This. 

The team was 12-20 when Geno steered the ship.  22-10 when Hooker did.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well put.

His teammates voted to not take him back. Listen to that podcast - on 1 hand he states how big of a party guy he is, but then he states how his teammates weren’t focused enough on winning. Huh? He claims that in high school he “never went to class”.  He talks about doing just enough to stay eligible in college. That guy was supposed to be our leader last year?

It’s really an amazing story from a guy who’s where he is only because people at UND jumped through hoops for him. Geno’s shown his true colors to the public what those who dealt with him knew from the beginning. He’s always cared only about 1 thing - Geno.  As long as he gets his, Geno’s happy.  He’s Mark Few’s problem now.

IMO don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

• Upvote 1

After listening to the podcast it is quite obvious everything about the last 4 years was about himself and not the team.  In fact it sounds like everything he has done in his life was about himself.  He must have been a treat to coach..  He is no Quinton.  I don't think that getting his masters is high on his priority list.  He sure wasn't a leader. Loyalty wasn't  a major part of his personality.

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

After listening to the podcast it is quite obvious everything about the last 4 years was about himself and not the team.  In fact it sounds like everything he has done in his life was about himself.  He must have been a treat to coach..  He is no Quinton.  I don't think that getting his masters is high on his priority list.  He sure wasn't a leader. Loyalty wasn't  a major part of his personality.

Truer words have never been posted.