SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I actually like that Berry talks about what they need to do going forward from here, as it doesn't allow the players to use it as an excuse, no matter how extreme.  Of course he didn't like a lot of the calls, but players will have to adjust to bad officiating in the future, so it is a learning opportunity, and hopefully it doesn't get that bad again.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

I actually like that Berry talks about what they need to do going forward from here, as it doesn't allow the players to use it as an excuse, no matter how extreme.  Of course he didn't like a lot of the calls, but players will have to adjust to bad officiating in the future, so it is a learning opportunity, and hopefully it doesn't get that bad again.

Nothing wrong with a little adversity for a young team early in the season.

18 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Really didn't think the Sioux played too bad. Disappointed with the result because I think tonight is a Sioux win if the refs aren't wearing DU jerseys. Shepherd is a classless pos and hopefully when we have to have him again a few clearing attempts find his midsection. The major call was maybe the most ridiculous, yes it was a minor interference penalty but that is it. You can't just decide to call something a major because someone ends up injured. The disallowed goal was terrible, the puck was pretty much in the net when the minimal contact was made but you knew the call was coming with Shepherd having a opportunity to call something against UND again. Denver was allowed to hook and hold all night meanwhile any physical contact from a Sioux player was called a penalty. Just a ridiculous excuse for officiating tonight.

Yeah,  it was what I thought t would be.  End result.

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

So he needs to figure out how to not get called for penalties that aren't penalties?

The 5 minute was harsh, but it was absolutely a penalty. With the weak elbow he took on Friday, he should have recognized how the game was being called and adjusted his play. He didn't and put the team in tough spots often. Players have to adjust to how the game is being called. 

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The 5 minute was harsh, but it was absolutely a penalty. With the weak elbow he took on Friday, he should have recognized how the game was being called and adjusted his play. He didn't and put the team in tough spots often. Players have to adjust to how the game is being called. 

Denver didn't.

7 hours ago, tnt said:

That's right.   There are bad calls in every sport at every level of play.   Learning to deal with them without letting it affect your play is part of the process for everybody.  Some do it well, some do not.   When I had kids in youth sports, you could just watch how parents reacted in the stands and figure out which players would be able to deal with bad calls without letting them affect the team.   We have good kids, and good coaches.  They will learn from this and put it behind them rather than hold on to it.   

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Does it surprise you that guys like Todd Anderson and Brad Shepherd want to confront players and coaches instead of just officiating? After all, the king of confrontation, Don Adam is the one instructing these clowns.  Way to ruin a good hockey matchup by the officials choosing to be the center of attention, and that goes for last night with the linesman.

Find it ironic that Don Adams is in charge of the NCHC officials. Remember the night Dave Hakstol held up the finger at a my first and last game I will attend at Marriuci arena. I told my daughter,  I do not condone what Hak did. I do however understand why he did. Don Adams clearly lost control of that game. 

Anyone else worried about Thome overplaying a lot of pucks? I've noticed it in his first 5 games but he never really paid for it. Denver's last 2 goals were scored on essentially empty nets while Thome was on the opposite side of the crease. It reminded me of Eidsness. 

Thome has great potential but needs to get a little more refined. I'm excited to get Cam back in the net for the stretch run. 

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Disgusting. This game tape needs to be reviewed by the NCHC brass. 

Agreed, This was the worst game I have attended. Denver is a bunch of pussies and the refs were not letting us play or calling it both ways. All around disgusting and the NCHC shoud be embarrassed, 

• Like 1

The NCHC claims the officials are graded and that the director of officiating is thorough in reviewing their work.  Just watched replay of the game and I can’t believe that happened.  If the page just gets turned on that one then we do have the worst officiating system in place in college hockey. 

Five minute majors need to be reviewed before a decision is made to remove a player from the game.  I went slow motion on Smith’s and if Plante doesn’t fall after running into UND’s iron man champ I don’t think it even gets called.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The NCHC claims the officials are graded and that the director of officiating is thorough in reviewing their work.  Just watched replay of the game and I can’t believe that happened.  If the page just gets turned on that one then we do have the worst officiating system in place in college hockey. 

Five minute majors need to be reviewed before a decision is made to remove a player from the game.  I went slow motion on Smith’s and if Plante doesn’t fall after running into UND’s iron man champ I don’t think it even gets called.

Still can't decide who interfered, could be either or both. Non-call was the best option, period.