SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Does it surprise you that guys like Todd Anderson and Brad Shepherd want to confront players and coaches instead of just officiating? After all, the king of confrontation, Don Adam is the one instructing these clowns.  Way to ruin a good hockey matchup by the officials choosing to be the center of attention, and that goes for last night with the linesman.

Anderson isn't as bad as some, he would have told Shep that that's a goal no review is needed.

Berry said the explanation on the no goal was that the linesmen called it no goal so they reviewed it, and called it goalie interference. Hasn't seen a replay yet so can't comment anymore.

Tough to win when PP time is 20+ min to 33 seconds.

After the disallowed goal it just got away. Need to keep building next weekend. Will look at the film and see what we need to do. Did well 5x5.

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Yes-  that was garbage officiating.  I don't want to leave the NCHC, but that's the threat...conference revenue would TANK

LOL!  So threaten to leave the conference until the schoolyard bully gets his way?  

Man, and I thought Minnesota fans always believed they were entitled...

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

Montgomery yelling at the linesman after the handshake. This guy just has no shame.

Actually Montgomery was thanking the linesmen and the refs after everyone else had left the ice for letting him call that no Goal. Plus telling them thanks for the 27-2 in PIM against North Dakota.

I now dislike Montgomery more that Gwozdecky. What a jerk!

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

LOL!  So threaten to leave the conference until the schoolyard bully gets his way?  

Man, and I thought Minnesota fans always believed they were entitled...

I don't agree with yzerman, but didn't the schoolyard bully already get his way; in getting the goal reversed?

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't agree with yzerman, but didn't the schoolyard bully already get his way; in getting the goal reversed?

UND is the conference heavyweight.  Threatening to leave the conference over a single call in one hockey game would be met with scorn and ridicule.

Some of us need to just relax a little. The officiating was absolute horrid tonight, but the boys played pretty well most of the weekend. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic moving forward. The team needs to worry about what they can control. Scoring one goal on the road (albeit, probably should have been two) is not enough to beat the #1 team in the nation. We also need to stay out the box. I get that some of the calls tonight were absolutely weak, but Smith taking five penalties on the weekend is not what this team needs. Move on to Union, which could be two very important games.

Well when a linesman called a five minute major on Minnesota years back, causing them to lose, Greg Shepherd suspended him. How can officials that are usually regional effect that kind of situation. Sounds like getting homered to me.