SiouxSports.com Forum

October 2017 Announcement

lawkota

14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Question.  If Kennedy encouraged Faison to retire, but then put on a show for the media to make it seem like it was Faison's choice (allowing Faison to save face and go out gracefully), does that make Kennedy a bad leader?

Seems like the right thing to do to me.

Good point. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what point these reporters are trying to prove. To answer your question, my opinion is this is a move a good leader would make.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Good point. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what point these reporters are trying to prove. To answer your question, my opinion is this is a move a good leader would make.

I think the point is that had Faison retired earlier, the position could have been eliminated entirely and the money then used to save women's hockey.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

You wonder why the Herald guys don't have much inside information and are always looking for opens records to get a story.  Not saying that is a completely bad thing, but Virg Foss would at least know which guys UND was recruiting and partly because of social media, fans know of recruits or prospective recruits many times before Schlossman does.  Maybe it's because of how strict the NCAA is on talking about recruits, but it sure was nice to know what guys UND was interested in, even if they didn't always get them. 

I can see Kennedy controlling what and when the Herald gets their information on things more then anyone else has. I also don’t see these FOIA requests being done in a timely matter either with Kennedy in charge.

36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Question.  If Kennedy encouraged Faison to retire, but then put on a show for the media to make it seem like it was Faison's choice (allowing Faison to save face and go out gracefully), does that make Kennedy a bad leader?

Seems like the right thing to do to me.

All some people see is a former politician and anything he does isn’t right

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

I can see Kennedy controlling what and when the Herald gets their information on things more then anyone else has. I also don’t see these FOIA requests being done in a timely matter either with Kennedy in charge.

Brads mad at womens hockey getting cut.

Marks mad because, if it wasn't for that Herald article, he'd have his "personal assistant" right now. :lol:

1 hour ago, tnt said:

You wonder why the Herald guys don't have much inside information and are always looking for opens records to get a story.  Not saying that is a completely bad thing, but Virg Foss would at least know which guys UND was recruiting and partly because of social media, fans know of recruits or prospective recruits many times before Schlossman does.  Maybe it's because of how strict the NCAA is on talking about recruits, but it sure was nice to know what guys UND was interested in, even if they didn't always get them. 

Tom and Brad have plenty of inside information but it always helps a story when you do the FOIA requests to get actual proof.  Look at Tom's work on UND joining the Summit/MVFC.  He had an inside scoop, did an FOIA request and sure enough, he now has the proof he needed to write more than just a story with invisible sources.

For a week, Brad held off on publishing the biggest NCHC story of the year because he didn't want to get his sources in an awkward position.

They both have a lot of inside information, they just don't send out every little thing.

55 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Tom and Brad have plenty of inside information but it always helps a story when you do the FOIA requests to get actual proof.  Look at Tom's work on UND joining the Summit/MVFC.  He had an inside scoop, did an FOIA request and sure enough, he now has the proof he needed to write more than just a story with invisible sources.

For a week, Brad held off on publishing the biggest NCHC story of the year because he didn't want to get his sources in an awkward position.

They both have a lot of inside information, they just don't send out every little thing.

Yeah they have so much inside information that the cutting of women's hockey was a total shock to them when people had been leaving hints all over on this message board. 

The guy was obviously convinced to retire. Call it what you want in the end he was let go. The question is why? Why is it such a secret? Why the charade with the press conference and fake love fest? Seems weird. I also don’t give a sh&t. 

I was indifferent about the guy. Didn’t love him, didn’t hate him. Bring on the new guy, let’s see how does with taking away the stipends or finding the money for them. Tough job but somebody has to do it. That’s why I think our next AD will be more of a fundraiser than anything. 

9 minutes ago, hky said:

For a whole extra year?    Paid through Jan., 2019, and health benefits for 6 months after that?

UND didn't make something special up for him, they allowed him to leave under the standard early retirement package that a lot of people within the NDUS system have used over the last few years. Again, more standard stuff being blown up because of how it was presented by the media. 

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND didn't make something special up for him, they allowed him to leave under the standard early retirement package that a lot of people within the NDUS system have used over the last few years. Again, more standard stuff being blown up because of how it was presented by the media. 

Can't wait for the follow-up story from Woodward and Bernstein over at the Heraldo. :)

• Upvote 3

It’s ridiculous to think if you put 9 years into a job, you get your tenth years salary for nothing. If this is the normal government payout practice our civil servant checkbooks are out of control more than I thought. Did Kelley receive the same payout?