SiouxSports.com Forum

October 2017 Announcement

lawkota

16 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Like you???   

Brian retired, (and your blabbing and trolling about get rid of somebody), he probably even stayed longer (he's 67) than someone normally would have to help with a better transition for the new AD.  

You keep believing that.

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Faison's track record shows he's a good administrator.
If he has a weakness it's that he's not great at kissing hands and shaking babies; he's not the gladhander the %gobc and others 'need'.  

However, in today's world, being a schmoozer is a key job function of the AD.

Should have kept Tom Bunning on then. He was great at kissing hands and shaking babies. 

Student and fan favorite, plus he liked to drink!

30 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

How many more years do you think he should of stayed on as AD? With the nickname changed, conference moves agreed to, certain sports cut, newer buildings, the timing is perfect. UND will move forward. Next man up.

The consulting firm of Murney & Associates met individually with UND head coaches in September in a conference room at Hyslop Sports Center to get feedback.

UND declined to release the findings of those reviews, saying they were all conducted orally. Kennedy said that was the routine procedure.

When asked whether Faison approached Kennedy about retiring before or after the consultants conducted their reviews, Kennedy said: “They were in tandem.”

Kennedy also rejected the term “reviews” and said it was “skill development.”

When asked why pay for skill development of someone who is retiring, Kennedy said: “There are other players on the team he wants to make sure are set up for the transition that will continue to rely on those skills.”

This is a forced retirement.

37 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Should have kept Tom Bunning on then. He was great at kissing hands and shaking babies. 

Student and fan favorite, plus he liked to drink!

Youngstown'sRumor or a story I remember hearing about Tom Bunning is he wouldn't stop calling SU G. Taylor about playing football and other sports games. Joe  Chapman and Gene Taylort  both very angry at UND for stopping this historic football series. Angry of course is the wrong word.Happy-glad is much more like it. Craig Bohl not sure what he thought about  playing UND every year but my hunch is he wasn't loosing any  sleep or calling Dale Lennon about playing  the game. Things changed in 1999 just look at all the termoil that has been on this campus  since that date. If I got any of  this wrong correct me.

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

The consulting firm of Murney & Associates met individually with UND head coaches in September in a conference room at Hyslop Sports Center to get feedback.

UND declined to release the findings of those reviews, saying they were all conducted orally. Kennedy said that was the routine procedure.

When asked whether Faison approached Kennedy about retiring before or after the consultants conducted their reviews, Kennedy said: “They were in tandem.”

When asked why pay for skill development of someone who is retiring, Kennedy said: “There are other players on the team he wants to make sure are set up for the transition that will continue to rely on those skills.”

Correct.  Of course it was.

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

Why is this important to you?

• Upvote 1

Agree with this or not, I think Tom Miller makes a solid case that this retirement was not voluntary:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4345174-tom-miller-not-buying-it

So, at Tuesday's press conference, Kennedy was asked where the consulting firm and Faison's retirement announcement fit in the timeline. Did Faison tell Kennedy he wanted to retire before or after the consulting firm's work?

"Those were largely in tandem," Kennedy said.

That answer is perfect. It completely fits the trend of ambiguous, indirect answers that encourage all of us to read between the lines.

Things that make you go hmm. :whistling:

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agree with this or not, I think Tom Miller makes a solid case that this retirement was not voluntary:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4345174-tom-miller-not-buying-it

Things that make you go hmm. :whistling:

I read it and it did make me think as well. Then again, Faison is also 67 so how much longer was he going to work full time?

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Again, he is 67. Perfect timing. New AD by Jan 1st. 

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

While I believe Faison was encouraged to retire, I find it interesting how the Forum "reporters" are constantly trying to please Bresciani and ndsu while the Herald reporters are constantly looking for new ways to sh*t on UND and its admin.

Not exactly a team effort so far. Two way street that’s had a traffic jam for years. It would be nice if Kennedy, the new AD and the Herald reporters could sit down and get on the same page instead of fighting each other with each move.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not exactly a team effort so far. Two way street that’s had a traffic jam for years. It would be nice if Kennedy, the new AD and the Herald reporters could sit down and get on the same page instead of fighting each other with each move.

I think there is some value in having reporters that hold those in power accountable for what they do or don't do. That is in sharp contrast to the Forum's sycophantic slobbering over all things FU.

I think there is a happy medium between dirt digging and a$$ kissing. The Heraldo is a little too close to the dirt digging side, but I don't think they are as bad as some people think.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

While I believe Faison was encouraged to retire, I find it interesting how the Forum "reporters" are constantly trying to please Bresciani and ndsu while the Herald reporters are constantly looking for new ways to sh*t on UND and its admin.

Glad to see someone else has picked up on this.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Sorry, with the press jumping into open records laws so much now a days, not happening.

What will happen more is this oral meeting without text, emailing, notes, minutes, videos, and so on.

Actually, these oral meetings might be a good thing, some of the stuff is just better said than put in Tom Miller's article.

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Brad and Co. are probably still upset that they got scooped on the cutting of women’s hockey. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well, Kennedy's a no-good Republican, so, yea...

• Upvote 4

I think this is an excellent move for UND with Faison being 67. Get a new dynamic AD in place for the transitioning into the 2 new leagues.  Maybe even an AD without front teeth that would know how to get us in the future Premiere Hockey League, just kidding on last sentence, can't have 2 ND's in same conference, NCAA won't allow it!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Brad and Co. are probably still upset that they got scooped on the cutting of women’s hockey. 

You wonder why the Herald guys don't have much inside information and are always looking for opens records to get a story.  Not saying that is a completely bad thing, but Virg Foss would at least know which guys UND was recruiting and partly because of social media, fans know of recruits or prospective recruits many times before Schlossman does.  Maybe it's because of how strict the NCAA is on talking about recruits, but it sure was nice to know what guys UND was interested in, even if they didn't always get them.