SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?

best0186

10 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Just sent my first disparaging e-mail to Sidearm . . .  Wtf.  Year after year NCHC.TV continues to be a joke.

I sent 6 regretfully, brutal, disparaging e-mails/tickets in a row to Sidearm.  It finally started working on my firestick after the sixth e-mail.  Don't know if they're related, but this company is still a joke.

3 minutes ago, stewie said:

My mobile apps are working now, however my computer browser is not. 

The reason I need my computer is because I am unable to use my chomecast with the mobile apps like I have in the past....This is the first time I have regretted dropping Midco cable service

Are your browsers up to date with latest version? I’ve always ran into issues trying to watch games via Chrome so have to use Firefox if I do watch via computer.

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Are your browsers up to date with latest version? I’ve always ran into issues trying to watch games via Chrome so have to use Firefox if I do watch via computer.

Yes, I have up to date browsers, The browser option is now working for me. So I have it open in Chrome on my laptop which I than cast to my Chomecast plugged into the TV

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone try to watch the games yesterday on an Apple TV?  I tried to watch the CC-Miami game last night it showed a SCSU-Omaha press conference.  The game schedule does not update very well.  I watched Saturday and Sunday on the Apple TV without much problem, although the games do not update on the live stream section and the upcoming schedule is all messed up in the live section as well.  When I sent a message to Sidearm they said they were not aware of any problems.  This is a pretty usual response, but I am sure there were not a lot of folks trying to watch last night.  Also, I tried to Airplay from my IPad when the App did not work and got the gray NCHCTV rectangle in the top right with just audio of the game.  This is the same that I got at the start of the pod, but have not tried it since the Apple TV had started working (at least for a while).  It is definitely time for the NCHC to move on from this group.  Does not seem like they are to focused on satisfying the customer base.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, KSSioux said:

Did anyone try to watch the games yesterday on an Apple TV?  I tried to watch the CC-Miami game last night it showed a SCSU-Omaha press conference.  The game schedule does not update very well.  I watched Saturday and Sunday on the Apple TV without much problem, although the games do not update on the live stream section and the upcoming schedule is all messed up in the live section as well.  When I sent a message to Sidearm they said they were not aware of any problems.  This is a pretty usual response, but I am sure there were not a lot of folks trying to watch last night.  Also, I tried to Airplay from my IPad when the App did not work and got the gray NCHCTV rectangle in the top right with just audio of the game.  This is the same that I got at the start of the pod, but have not tried it since the Apple TV had started working (at least for a while).  It is definitely time for the NCHC to move on from this group.  Does not seem like they are to focused on satisfying the customer base.

I had issues with the app on AppleTV for the SCSU game.  But, was able to airplay from my laptop. It’s been frustrating for sure.

30 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

I had issues with the app on AppleTV for the SCSU game.  But, was able to airplay from my laptop. It’s been frustrating for sure.

I can Airplay from the website and not from the App on my IPad.  Still not working tonight as it kicks me out of the App when I move to the "Live" section.  They have fixed the schedule and I can play highlights etc., now.  They say they are trying to "pinpoint" the issues.  Quite the show they have going on there.

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Endeavor Media bought them both in 2019. 

Its been an interesting journey for both Sidearm and Neulion:

• Neulion, back in the day, had an impressive portfolio of clients, including the NHL (they are the ones that used to run the old NHL GameCenter Live). Their list of college schools was also quite large. They were, for a time, the king of the hill when it came to college athletics websites.
  • Meanwhile, up-and-comer, Sidearm Sports was steadily growing its roster of college schools growing to 700 by the time that Learfield Communications acquired the company in 2014. At the time, Endeavor already had a growing stake in Learfield as well.
  • In September 2014, the NCHC and Neulion announced a partnership to stream all NCHC games.
  • In 2015, the NHL left Neulion in favor of a partnership with MLB and their MLBAM platform. This signaled the start a steady number of partners slowing leaving Neulion.
  • Meanwhile in 2015, Learfield purchased Front Row Marketing, the company that handled sales for UND Athletics, making UND a new client of Learfield.
  • In 2018, Neulion was split into two properties, one being Neulion and the other being Neulion College.
  • In February 2018, Sidearm and CBS Advanced Media announce partnership that will allow CBS Advanced media to power all of Sidearm video platforms while Sidearm will power all of CBS Advanced Media's college websites.
  • In March 2018, Neulion was acquired by Endeavor and renamed Endeavor Streaming.
  • In Summer 2018, UND made the jump from Neulion College to Sidearm sports to handle the website and streaming (which at the time was anything that wasn't hockey, football, basketball, or volleyball)
  • In 2019, Neulion College was acquired by Sidearm Sports collectively closing the book on Neulion's existence.

TL;DR:

UND and NCHC.tv all operate under the Sidearm umbrella which is owned by Learfield IMG College.

Neulion is no longer a thing after being split up and the college arm of Neulion being acquired by Sidearm.

Endeavor has had their fingers in everyone's pie.