SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?

best0186

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Not sure what the deal is on my end. I made sure I was logged out of pc, now trying on roku. I login and it boots me out of the app. Now I can go in and still get creighton bball, I’m able to fast forward to get into the hockey game, but it’s set to join live game in progress. Not the most user friendly setup, I’m not even sure if I’m logged in correctly on the roku.

Was working for me and now I’m kicked out.  WTF?

Was watching game this evening and turned it off for a few minutes.  When I came back, the look and feel of the website had been updated; not sure if they pushed that out tonight or my system was just slow in showing the changes.  Tried accessing the site and it continually either kicked me out or gave me no access.  Tried logging in and it was as though it did not save my info.  Hope they get this squared away by tomorrow.

Oh, and the one camera way up high at center ice is not a good fan experience.  They have the whole damn arena; can't they move a little closer so we can actually make out the players?  Multiple cameras would be nice too; spend some of that NCHC money and treat the fans!

10 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone have any issues using the app from an iphone? I have an older iphone but have the latest updates and when I click the app it quickly opens and collapses. I can't get into it so had to watch on my laptop. Any suggestions?

App on my iPhone won’t open this morning. I tried it last night and it only showed news and schedules through last season.

I had no issue going to nchc.tv on my phone browser and then using AirPlay to my Apple TV - I got in and out (my decision - not forced to by streaming issues) several times without incident.  Stream was strong without buffering or pixeling.  I had found that nchc.tv was much more stable than the app last year, and it seems it may be the case this year too.

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone have any issues using the app from an iphone? I have an older iphone but have the latest updates and when I click the app it quickly opens and collapses. I can't get into it so had to watch on my laptop. Any suggestions?

I just noticed an update available to the app on iPhone, now it works. Check for an update.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Tried to log into the ROKU this morning and was immediately booted out of the app after entering my info.  Not a great start for SideArm Sports...they need to get this fixed pronto!

What a garbage company that runs this.  Every year they have giant issues.  For the low low price of 100 plus dollars you get to feel like a 80 year trying to find wheel of fortune on your new TV your grandkids got you for Christmas.  Man this crap is frustrating yearly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I believe NCHC.tv has all streaming rights to the games in the Pod. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

That’s what I understand. Just because I was curious, I attempted viewing at midcosn online and couldn’t watch yesterday’s games, but their other programming has been viewable online.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

That’s what I understand. Just because I was curious, I attempted viewing at midcosn online and couldn’t watch yesterday’s games, but their other programming has been viewable online.

Noticed same thing

Just heard back from SideAss Sports...UND should have stayed with Neulion.

==============================================

Hi Blackheart
We apologize for the issues that you're having watching NCHC action Roku last night.

Our team is currently working on pinpointing the issue in order to correct the issues that users accessing NCHC through Roku are experiencing.

The good news is that the stream is working correctly on all other platforms! So we encourage you to log into your account on the website, app, or other streaming platforms in order to watch the exciting action tonight!

Miriam Bernstein
Assistant Product Manager - Streaming Services
SIDEARM Sports
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Just heard back from SideAss Sports...UND should have stayed with Neulion.

==============================================

Hi Blackheart

We apologize for the issues that you're having watching NCHC action Roku last night.

Our team is currently working on pinpointing the issue in order to correct the issues that users accessing NCHC through Roku are experiencing.

The good news is that the stream is working correctly on all other platforms! So we encourage you to log into your account on the website, app, or other streaming platforms in order to watch the exciting action tonight!

Miriam Bernstein
Assistant Product Manager - Streaming Services
SIDEARM Sports

I got that same response. Funny that Apple TV users were having issues as well, and I'm pretty sure they didn't release the update to make the iphone app to work until this morning. So it wasn't working on "all other platforms". Generic response though, I'm sure they send it out thousands of times.

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I got that same response. Funny that Apple TV users were having issues as well, and I'm pretty sure they didn't release the update to make the iphone app to work until this morning. So it wasn't working on "all other platforms". Generic response though, I'm sure they send it out thousands of times.

The "good" news is that instead of watching on a big screen, I can watch on my phone or on a laptop in the office...I'll just have everyone crowd around the screen.;)

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The "good" news is that instead of watching on a big screen, I can watch on my phone or on a laptop in the office...I'll just have everyone crowd around the screen.;)

If you are on a Mac you should be able to airplay it to a TV in the office. Annoying as it is I have stuck with the laptop and HDMI cable setup because of reliability. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Go to the App Store, find the app, and see if there’s an update button. I downloaded the app last night and it wasn’t working, after I updated this morning it let me log in and has a whole new look.

I've got the latest Roku update (9.4) and still can't get it to go...but thanks to Shawn-O's comment about AirPlay, I tried to connect to my tv from my iphone and it seems to work fine.  We'll see what happens at game time.

• Upvote 1

Updated app on iPhone this AM and no new look from yesterday. Cast still does not work. Chromecast works with all my other apps just fine. Yet to hear back from sidearm about the issue. Last year same thing for the 1st 2 NCHCtv weekends. Video tries to load on the TV screen then stops though games still can be seen on my phone. Laptop/HDMI is old reliable for us.