SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?

best0186

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think last night's CC broadcast was substandard. 

CCtigerswebcast.png

CC is always the worst feed it seems like....the picture is too dark, then it's too bright.  They zoom in on faceoffs and it looks pretty good, then they pull back to the top of the effin' building.  Overall it's a good deal if you discount the CC camera crew.

• 2 years later...

There's plenty to be negative about these days, and heaven knows that NCHC.tv hasn't always been perfect, but I received this in my e-mail today and I kinda smiled.

2051121055_ScreenShot2020-09-10at3_54_07PM.png.edb09fc0860179ba6985ab04a78cecf0.png

I have to say...the fact that this vendor literally SUSPENDS your service at the end of the season, automatically RE-ACTIVATES it at the beginning of the next, and is even monitoring the current situation just makes me feel good.  Can anyone name another service that literally leaves (your) money on the table by not making you jump through the hoops of start/stop/start?

Thanks, NCHC.tv, for making my day.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I have a question, what do you guys use for Chrome Casting? From the NCHC.TV page, I am seeing  Roku, AppleTV and Amazon FireTV as options. What do you guys recommend? Last year, I used hdmi cable hooked up to my iPad. Chromebook worked pretty good, too. 

I recently switched from DirecTV to AT&T TV and AT&T boxes are basically an Android app store hooked up to my internet. Meaning, I can chromecast FLORacing, Dirtvision etc from my Chromebook and iPad. Works pretty good with the set up. Looking at the NCHC.TV app, does anyone know if you can still cast the NCHC games from the App? Do I need to get ROKU? 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I have a question, what do you guys use for Chrome Casting? From the NCHC.TV page, I am seeing  Roku, AppleTV and Amazon FireTV as options. What do you guys recommend? Last year, I used hdmi cable hooked up to my iPad. Chromebook worked pretty good, too. 

I recently switched from DirecTV to AT&T TV and AT&T boxes are basically an Android app store hooked up to my internet. Meaning, I can chromecast FLORacing, Dirtvision etc from my Chromebook and iPad. Works pretty good with the set up. Looking at the NCHC.TV app, does anyone know if you can still cast the NCHC games from the App? Do I need to get ROKU? 

I've watched using the app on Apple TV and Roku. Apple TV was a better experience, but a Roku is just fine. I have both.

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

I wonder if Apple TV will be better with my iPad? 

with iPad you'd have to mirror from iPad to Apple TV. For some reason with the NCHC app, sometimes it lags. I have a 6-month old MacBook Air and streaming/mirroring content from laptop to Apple TV stinks sometimes still as well.

50 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

with iPad you'd have to mirror from iPad to Apple TV. For some reason with the NCHC app, sometimes it lags. I have a 6-month old MacBook Air and streaming/mirroring content from laptop to Apple TV stinks sometimes still as well.

So, my chromebook would probably work better with that. Or, I could go by a MacBook Air. 

We use Chromecast to the TV from our NCHC tv app on our phones. More convenient than when we used to do it from our PC with HDMI cord. Also family in another city downloaded the NCHC tv app using our credentials on their Smart tv with Hulu and watched all the games we did last year. Neulion didn't let us do that. Hope Sidearm Sports let's us do that again.

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Since midco will be airing all pod games, does anyone know if their customers can also stream these games at midcosn online? I can go there now to watch their live programming but will the hockey games  online viewing be exclusive to nchctv?

No, you can only stream hockey on NCHC.TV since they have exclusive streaming rights. 

On 11/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, Goon said:

Firestick works awesome. App on the tv already. No casting needed. Very clean picture. Would recommend. 

The problem with using the apps is the delay between the live action and when you see it. It happens on both FireStick and Roku.  It can be as much as a few minutes delay. If you watch the game in isolation, it really doesn't matter, but I like to post on this forum at the same time, and it is easy to read spoilers about goals.  I find streaming from NCHC.TV on my laptop, and connecting to the TV with an HDMI cord is better (but not perfect). YMMV.

9 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Anyone know of a promo code? I doubt they'll give one out now but thought with black Friday or cyber Monday today, maybe they'd have a 10-15% deal.

There was apparently one on Black Friday but only for the first 25 people... not sure why so stingy. 

47 minutes ago, terbele said:

I was charged twice, do you send a request to NCHC or Sidearm?

Sidearm is responsible.  I always copy the NCHC so they know the issues that everyone is having.  I really doubt Sidearm is being transparent with all the billing problems.  They updated the Apple TV app and actually made it worse.  The movement around using that is sketchy at best now.

My payment method disappeared and I had to readd it. Working with support because I don’t know if my previous package will renew now or not. Also, I can’t decide between  the UND package or the full NCHC. The school specific one doesn’t seem to include the Frozen Faceoff finals or third place. 

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Anyone else not have their auto renewal go through?  I just noticed they didnt auto renew me even though my card is still current.  I've tried to reach out and no one is responding.

It's a little confusing but I did read somewhere where they said they weren't auto renewing subscriptions.  I've had the streaming package every year and it always auto renewed except for this year.  I ended up going in and re-subscribing.