SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

Bids haven't been submitted yet this year.

Nov 12th is the DEADLINE. Do you really think there havent been bids already sent in?  Plus I was the one who posted the correct information AFTER my initial post.  Thats your gotcha moment?Me correcting myself? LOL

26 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Nov 12th is the DEADLINE. Do you really think there havent been bids already sent in?  Plus I was the one who posted the correct information AFTER my initial post.  Thats your gotcha moment?Me correcting myself? LOL

Did you thump your Bizon T-shirt when you screwed up at work? Simple ? :whistling:

14 hours ago, bison73 said:

Please show how I was wrong?

You have the word Bison in your handle and your on a sioux fan forum for starters. Just kidding I don’t mind you on her at all. Just couldn’t resist. To me making the playoffs is the first step getting to the point where we can host is in the far horizon. Granted our administration better be prepping themselves but as a fan not a big worry of mine at this point. 

2 hours ago, bang said:

You have the word Bison in your handle and your on a sioux fan forum for starters. Just kidding I don’t mind you on her at all. Just couldn’t resist. To me making the playoffs is the first step getting to the point where we can host is in the far horizon. Granted our administration better be prepping themselves but as a fan not a big worry of mine at this point. 

:D Nicely played!

On 10/28/2018 at 1:30 PM, bison73 said:

Bids have already been submitted if I am not correct so upping a bid is not possible.

This.  This is where you were wrong.   To repeat what somebody else said in response to you, bids are not due until November 12.  Not sure why you can’t figure this out.   

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So tomorrow the playoff selection committee releases their rankings right?  Not sure if they do up to just 24 or what, or go to 24 and then list the first 4 out or something.  That one will be the one to pay attention to.  

I think it's just top ten.

10 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

This.  This is where you were wrong.   To repeat what somebody else said in response to you, bids are not due until November 12.  Not sure why you can’t figure this out.   

I posted that after my initial post just to make sure I posted the correct information.. Fact is the deadline was Nov 12th in 2012.   So its pretty safe to assume that many schools who have done this before  have already sent their bids in before the deadline. You obviously didnt read the post.

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I posted that after my initial post just to make sure I posted the correct information.. Fact is the deadline was Nov 12th in 2012.   So its pretty safe to assume that many schools who have done this before  have already sent their bids in before the deadline. You obviously didnt read the post.

Your initial point was that bids have already been sent in.  -which is what people were correcting you on.  

Why is it safe to assume many schools have already sent in their bids weeks before the deadline.  

I read the post.  As did everyone else.  

12 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Your initial point was that bids have already been sent in.  -which is what people were correcting you on.  

Why is it safe to assume many schools have already sent in their bids weeks before the deadline.  

I read the post.  As did everyone else.  

Why would I need to be corrected when it was I who posted the correct information after my initial post? Why would ADs send their bids in before the deadline? Because thats what they do. How do I know? I learned this in a conversation with Gene Taylor when I asked him when the bidding process etc. His response was---those were sent in a long time ago. The only ones not sending in early are the teams who didnt think they were going to make the playoffs but now have a chance and want to host.

Whats funny is nobody had a clue when they were due until I posted it. :lol:

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Why would I need to be corrected when it was I who posted the correct information after my initial post? Why would ADs send their bids in before the deadline? Because thats what they do. How do I know? I learned this in a conversation with Gene Taylor when I asked him when the bidding process etc. His response was---those were sent in a long time ago. The only ones not sending in early are the teams who didnt think they were going to make the playoffs but now have a chance and want to host.

Thanks for proving your initial statement wrong, yet again. :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

So you are saying that G T submits a bid before the deadline because he doesn't have faith that the Bison will continue winning and get a first round bye? That's about as much belief in your team as Lute Olson booking a Hawaiian vacation the week of the Final Four.

Yah I mean we needed you to tell us they were due before the playoffs start. I thought it was maybe December or January when they were due.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what time frame you consider "a long time ago", but the information and forms weren't even available until October 15. On top of not wanting to waste an employee's time filling out paperwork a month in advance, it seems it would make more sense to see who is near you on the bubble as that would effect how much a team would bid. Seems to make sense to do that closer to the November 12th deadline.

What's funny is it took a 5 second google search to find the actual information for this year instead of something that is 6 years old.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2