SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Do you really want to get in? It is much easier to complain about being snubbed and talk about the run to Frisco you would have had if you had gotten in than to get in, host one of those 6-5 MVFC team and get killed by them. 

Lol.  Oh my.......

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone who would make a bold claim in the current situation would be a fool. If he says we’re out after next week then we’re screwed.

I don’t disagree.  That doesn’t mean we need to write off the season today.  I also think Dom does a better job following FCS football than 99% of media out there.  

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but taking off the kelly green glasses...

We gotta remember that the MVFC pitches their strength of schedule and a 6 - 5 UNI will get in before a 7 - 4 UND. Heck, even a 6 - 5 WIU gets in before a 7 - 4 UND (history repeats). Plus, Indiana State would be 7 - 4 if they beat Western Illinois next Saturday and would be picked before a 7 - 4 UND. 

They might be right. The only team UND beat that has a winning record is Montana.

The question is... Is 7 - 4 good enough for Kennedy and Chaves? Will there be pressure to make changes before next season? What if UND loses to NAU next Saturday and finishes 6 - 5? That's a winning record, albeit a disappointing season, considering the preseason expectations with the quality of the players on this team.

UND's last game of the season will be this Saturday. Was last Saturday the last home game for any of the coaches?

No matter what happens next week, it better be Rudy's last week.  I'm a UND diehard football fan/supporter but I was close to leaving yesterday's game by mid 3rd quarter, the offensive play calling (I get it, there's injuries, but that don't excuse all of it) was rotten.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

No matter what happens next week, it better be Rudy's last week.  I'm a UND diehard football fan/supporter but I was close to leaving yesterday's game by mid 3rd quarter, the offensive play calling (I get it, there's injuries, but that don't excuse all of it) was rotten.  

This was the overwhelmingly sentiment of this forum a year (and for some, more than a year) ago. Yet, he returned. It's not up to us, it's up to Kennedy, Chaves and (ultimately) Schweigert.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Do you really want to get in? It is much easier to complain about being snubbed and talk about the run to Frisco you would have had if you had gotten in than to get in, host one of those 6-5 MVFC team and get killed by them. 

Right, we would rather not make the playoffs ...

Those poor “none top 2” mvfc teams would have to come to the Alerus Center and would then have a hell of a time leaving with a victory. Cool off, dude. You’re so biased it’s not even close. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Injury excuse doesn’t work. I went big time a year ago about how I thought the coaching was horrible despite all the injuries, but I was almost banned from this forum cause of that. I was concerned that the backups were still put in poor position in 2017.

Fast forward to 2018 and people are still contemplating injuries as the sole reason for this program’s shortcomings. 

Its obvious the coaches are putting the players in the best position. They fail to scheme properly and especially fail to make timely in-game adjustments. Finally, and possibly most importantly, the “nice guy” conservative philosophy implemented by Bubba(it trickles down from him) will never allow UND to beat aggressive minded teams that also have good players (ie other good teams). 

What board are you reading?  I'm thinking 95% of us are not blaming things on injuries this year, and 95% of us think Rudy needs to go,  Kostich needs to be removed from special teams.  Coaching has been by far the main reason for our underperformance this year.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

When I saw the poor clock management yesterday, following the debacle at Idaho, I was beside myself with frustration.  How do you leave 18 seconds on the clock while driving the ball?   

There shouldn't of been any time left by the time we got close to the goal line on our final drive. We snapped with 11 to 18 seconds left on the last two possessions many times.

Special teams and clock management need the most improvement. Not Div I material there.

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There shouldn't of been any time left by the time we got close to the goal line on our final drive. We snapped with 11 to 18 seconds left on the last two possessions many times.

Special teams and clock management need the most improvement. Not Div I material there.

I’d argue the nuances of the offensive and defensive scheme and the play-calling is right up there also ...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I hope we do play one of them (MVFC team) in the Hawks Nest!!! That means we got by Northern Arizona. I'm sure these seniors want that crack. I have a good feeling about the right bid being in place for that to happen (bison73 said we had our bid in a long long time ago). We would not be a cake walk for that over rated Valley team.  Then play the Cow U in the second round, ooohhh, let this happen, even if it's in that sh$th@le?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

What is it about losing to as many teams with losing records as beating teams with winning records that says playoffs?

Pretty sure all the other 7-4 teams will have similar resumes, UND just won't have any supporters in the decision room.

• Upvote 3