SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'm not sure what time frame you consider "a long time ago", but the information and forms weren't even available until October 15. On top of not wanting to waste an employee's time filling out paperwork a month in advance, it seems it would make more sense to see who is near you on the bubble as that would effect how much a team would bid. Seems to make sense to do that closer to the November 12th deadline.

What's funny is it took a 5 second google search to find the actual information for this year instead of something that is 6 years old.

Too bad nobody did that.

14 hours ago, zonadub said:

So you are saying that G T submits a bid before the deadline because he doesn't have faith that the Bison will continue winning and get a first round bye? That's about as much belief in your team as Lute Olson booking a Hawaiian vacation the week of the Final Four.

I could tell you what GT said about this and the whole process but I can see it would just fall on deaf ears . May be you can google it?:lol:

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

Too bad nobody did that.

Including yourself, who answered that bids have already been submitted, before bothering to look up the correct information (from 6 years ago). And again, forms/information were only available 2 weeks ago (10 days at the time of your statement), so the stance that all bids are already in seems like it isn't fully accurate.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Including yourself, who answered that bids have already been submitted, before bothering to look up the correct information (from 6 years ago). And again, forms/information were only available 2 weeks ago (10 days at the time of your statement), so the stance that all bids are already in seems like it isn't fully accurate.

My OP didnt say all. Plus in my OP I actually questioned whether my post was correct.

"Bids have already been submitted if I am not correct so upping a bid is not possible. "

Now I realize you arent used to being in the playoffs so I was just trying to help.:lol:

Wow the inane stuff you people will split hair over is amazing. 

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

My OP didnt say all. Plus in my OP I actually questioned whether my post was correct.

"Bids have already been submitted if I am not correct so upping a bid is not possible. "

Now I realize you arent used to being in the playoffs so I was just trying to help.:lol:

Wow the inane stuff you people will split hair over is amazing. 

Do you need Mafia Man to explain your butchered sentence to you?  

“ Bids have already been submitted if I am not correct”

My interpretation of your sentence would be, since history shows you are usually not correct, the bids must have already been submitted.   

However, bids were not due yet for a few weeks.   So,  you were  wrong about all the bids already being submitted.  

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Do you need Mafia Man to explain your butchered sentence to you?  

“ Bids have already been submitted if I am not correct”

My interpretation of your sentence would be, since history shows you are usually not correct, the bids must have already been submitted.   

However, bids were not due yet for a few weeks.   So,  you were  wrong about all the bids already being submitted.  

:whistling::D

There's hope? After the top 25, there are the "Others."  14 spots with more votes than us under the Top 25. Can all these 14 teams lose in the last two weeks, plus a couple like say 24th and 25th team of the Top 25.  

STATS FCS Top 25

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

Others: Central Arkansas (208) , Samford (146) , San Diego (134) , Monmouth (121) , Western Illinois (107) , UIW (67) , Chattanooga (63) , Sam Houston State (57) , Rhode Island (43) , Florida A&M (29) , Lamar (29) ,Montana State (20) , Alcorn State (19) , North Dakota (11) , Montana (6) , Furman (6) , Abilene Christian (2) ,     Scared Heart (1)

47 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There's hope? After the top 25, there are the "Others."  14 spots with more votes than us under the Top 25. Can all these 14 teams lose in the last two weeks, plus a couple like say 24th and 25th team of the Top 25.  

STATS FCS Top 25

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

Others: Central Arkansas (208) , Samford (146) , San Diego (134) , Monmouth (121) , Western Illinois (107) , UIW (67) , Chattanooga (63) , Sam Houston State (57) , Rhode Island (43) , Florida A&M (29) , Lamar (29) ,Montana State (20) , Alcorn State (19) , North Dakota (11) , Montana (6) , Furman (6) , Abilene Christian (2) ,     Scared Heart (1)

So really what you're really trying to say is UND is rated #40 in FCS FB..........yay!

• Upvote 1

Still a slim shot, could be a few 7-4 teams.

Rk  Team           Record    W/L       Next Opponent

18  McNeese          6-4      Loss      Lamar

19  E Tenn  St         8-2       Win       Samford

20  Towson            7-3        Win      James Madison

21  SE Missouri St 7-3       Loss    East Illinois

22 Northern Iowa   5-5      Loss

23  Illinois State      5-5      Loss

24  Idaho State       6-4      Loss     Weber State

25 Dartmouth          8-1     Win       Brown

Getting Votes

26  Central Ark(208)  5-5    Loss

27  Samford(146)       5-5    Loss

28  San Diego(134)    8-2    Wins      Marist

29  Monmouth(121)  7-3   Loss     Gardner-Webb

30  West Illinois(107)  5-5  Loss      

31  UIV(67)                   6-4   Cancelled   Dec1 Iowa St.

32  Chattanooga(63) 6-4  Loss      South Carolina

33  Sam Hous St(57)   5-5  Loss 

34  Rhode Island(43)   5-5   Loss

35  Florida A&M(29)    6-4   Loss   Bethune-Cookman

36  Lamar(29)    Wins  6-4              McNeese 

37  Montana St(20)     6-4    Wins  Montana  

38  Alcorn St(19)          7-3      Bye    Jackson St

39  North Dakota(11)  6-4    Wins  Northern Ariz       

40  Montana(6)          6-4    Wins   Montana St

41 Furman (6)            5-4     Wins   Mercer

42 Ablene Christian   6-4     Wins  Central Ark 

Indiana St               6-4     Wins  Western Illinois 

Not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but taking off the kelly green glasses...

We gotta remember that the MVFC pitches their strength of schedule and a 6 - 5 UNI will get in before a 7 - 4 UND. Heck, even a 6 - 5 WIU gets in before a 7 - 4 UND (history repeats). Plus, Indiana State would be 7 - 4 if they beat Western Illinois next Saturday and would be picked before a 7 - 4 UND. 

They might be right. The only team UND beat that has a winning record is Montana.

The question is... Is 7 - 4 good enough for Kennedy and Chaves? Will there be pressure to make changes before next season? What if UND loses to NAU next Saturday and finishes 6 - 5? That's a winning record, albeit a disappointing season, considering the preseason expectations with the quality of the players on this team.

UND's last game of the season will be this Saturday. Was last Saturday the last home game for any of the coaches?

This is a prediction not my hope, but …

Win or lose next week, Rudy is gone and Kostich is moved to some other part of the program. I believe he's a good recruiter and has value there.

Lose next week, and it's all over for this group of coaches.

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but taking off the kelly green glasses...

We gotta remember that the MVFC pitches their strength of schedule and a 6 - 5 UNI will get in before a 7 - 4 UND. Heck, even a 6 - 5 WIU gets in before a 7 - 4 UND (history repeats). Plus, Indiana State would be 7 - 4 if they beat Western Illinois next Saturday and would be picked before a 7 - 4 UND. 

They might be right. The only team UND beat that has a winning record is Montana.

The question is... Is 7 - 4 good enough for Kennedy and Chaves? Will there be pressure to make changes before next season? What if UND loses to NAU next Saturday and finishes 6 - 5? That's a winning record, albeit a disappointing season, considering the preseason expectations with the quality of the players on this team.

UND's last game of the season will be this Saturday. Was last Saturday the last home game for any of the coaches?

ISUb would only have 6 DI wins if they win. Next week....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, zonadub said:

You can’t blanket all 7-4 teams.  Indiana St has a DII win and I hope and history has shown that the committee doesn’t reward or count those wins.  You would have to go through and look at each individual schedule.  As much as a stinker as our MVSU game was, it will count more than these other schools DII or lower wins. 

Also, the MVFC schools that are in contention at 6-5 laid eggs out of conference.  That is different than years past. Outside of two teams, the MVFC is as average as every other conference.  The eastern conferences getting 5 or 6 teams in May work in UNDs favor as the committee may work towards a east-west balance.  

!@#$ it.  I’m on board the win and we are in scenario.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zonadub said:

MVFC bias. UND's independent status (no one in UND's corner at the selection meeting). Still think UND gets snubbed, no matter Saturday's outcome.

I’m siding with Dom Izzo who follows this closer than most.  Win and we are in. 

9 minutes ago, zonadub said:

MVFC bias. UND's independent status (no one in UND's corner at the selection meeting). Still think UND gets snubbed, no matter Saturday's outcome.

Do you really want to get in? It is much easier to complain about being snubbed and talk about the run to Frisco you would have had if you had gotten in than to get in, host one of those 6-5 MVFC team and get killed by them. 

• Downvote 6