SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day: F'n Hawks vs Bears

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

I would give him a C. First 2-3 drives had some head scratchers for sure.

3rd and a short 1 and we run a play that starts 7 yards deep?

Wasn't too happy with the 3rd down call that led to missed field goal either.

After that it was alright.

Are you referring to the first drive of the game?  If I remember right it seemed to me that Keaton checked into the wrong play.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our defense has a ton of speed out there. We're a little light in spots but man can we run. The coverage also looked pretty solid yesterday. The play Blubough made was special. Makes a fr mistakes and gets burned but makes up for it with great speed and then pops the ball out. He just looks like a gamer and is pretty built for a fr. Rastas is really skinny but was really solid. He got blown up on one play by an OL but for the most part was around the ball. 

On o we need more push from the hogs in the run game. I know we had a lot of yards yesterday but we were getting stone walled way too much early on. Izzy looked really quick. I want to see him in the bubble game more. Wanzek is a beast and is only scratching the surface. Studs is so much better to start this year it's unreal. I trust him fully for the first time. 

It's easy to look good against a bad team though. Things get real this week.

Let's hope it is just like last year by the end of the season every team we beat was a "bad team".

I stayed overnight in GF sat.  I met a nice recruit and his parents that was at the game.  He is very impressed with the facilities and coaching stay.  He is just a junior so another year to go for a commit.  He is definitely coming to UND camp next summer.  They seem like a very nice family.

14 hours ago, southpaw said:

I just wish Bubba would have OC by committee.  With the 15+ experts on here, UND would have never lost a game, Keaton would have 600+ yards passing every game, Olivera and Santiago would each have 200+ yard games and Johanneson would have 47 touchdowns from the 5 yard line so far.

Haha...Through two games this year I've already seen calls to fire Rudolph and Kostich on this board...it makes me feel like I'm on Bisonville! 

On 9/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Wasn't there some pressure that forced him to move to his left on that throw. 

On 9/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

The one complaint I had from Keaton yesterday was I wish his deep throw to Noah was 1 yard more.  Otherwise he was pretty solid

Just re watching the game and saw this play. There was a defender coming right up the middle and Santiago made a nice pickup to allow Studsrud to shift over and even make the throw at all.  

5 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Just re watching the game and saw this play. There was a defender coming right up the middle and Santiago made a nice pickup to allow Studsrud to shift over and even make the throw at all.  

Even if that wasn't the case, I would much rather a quarterback put a little more air under the ball and make his receiver pull up, than overthrow him on a wide open play.  You can carry the momentum over from a long pass and catch, whereas it is almost demoralizing missing a wide open receiver completely.  

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me to point out something that happened that may have been overlooked. 

Early in the fourth, UND kicks the FG to go up 27-0 with just under 14 to play.
Crazy as it sounds, MSU is four TDs from a win and has 14 minutes.
We've seen worse happen. 

But ... the defense 3 and outs them; MSU punts.
What follows is noteworthy. 

UND starts on it's own 10 with 11:51 left and proceeds to go on a 90 yard drive for TD consuming 8:09 of the fourth quarter clock. 

That, friends, is how top teams close out games. 

Against terrible no defense or heart having teams.

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me to point out something that happened that may have been overlooked. 

Early in the fourth, UND kicks the FG to go up 27-0 with just under 14 to play.
Crazy as it sounds, MSU is four TDs from a win and has 14 minutes.
We've seen worse happen. 

But ... the defense 3 and outs them; MSU punts.
What follows is noteworthy. 

UND starts on it's own 10 with 11:51 left and proceeds to go on a 90 yard drive for TD consuming 8:09 of the fourth quarter clock. 

That, friends, is how top teams close out games. 

That is how to close out games! 

Lets see if Rudolph has the ability to do that against the likes of ndsu or even Montana, Weber, SUU...etc....NO WAY!!! NO WAY!! 

Brady was a man amongst boys against misery st.  He made Rudolph look average on Saturday.  

His predictability is off the charts and has ZERO creativity. But has a lot talent to work with. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

That is how to close out games! 

Lets see if Rudolph has the ability to do that against the likes of ndsu or even Montana, Weber, SUU...etc....NO WAY!!! NO WAY!! 

Brady was a man amongst boys against misery st.  He made Rudolph look average on Saturday.  

His predictability is off the charts and has ZERO creativity. But has a lot talent to work with. 

You mean the offense Bubba wants Rudy to run is predictable and has zero creativity. I just want the blame to credited properly.

• Upvote 2