SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR

Pearson's Hockey Bus

6 hours ago, NoDak Fan said:

Notre Dame saw what speed + tenacity + talent looks like.

Fortunately for them, they won't see all three facets being displayed by one Big 10 opponent on any given night next year.

Denver is going to be tough to beat on Saturday. I think Minnesota-Duluth will need to play with the lead.

Duluth only chance is to go with their proven strategy ..check to injure and run the goalie

• Upvote 3

Denver can't get caught up in Duluth's crap.  If Denver focuses on their game and doesn't retaliate and let Duluth get into their heads they're fine.  

Who will be officiating the game will be big.  Hopefully there isn't an "even it up" mentality crew, because Duluth takes more penalties than Denver and in a title game you would hope ticky tack even it up penalties aren't called (Anderson....cough.....Anderson).

26 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

I think Denver is on a mission UMD is going to get crushed

Maybe, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.  I think it's going to be a war, and a close game.

Notre Dame was not a good hockey team last night.  In fact, they really weren't that good this year.  They had a relatively easy route to the Frozen Four. 

Three weeks ago we handled Denver.  It was a close game, but we were the better team, and Duluth plays a lot like the way we do.

I've picked Denver to beat Duluth but I expect a one goal game, two goal game at worst.

17 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Maybe, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.  I think it's going to be a war, and a close game.

Notre Dame was not a good hockey team last night.  In fact, they really weren't that good this year.  They had a relatively easy route to the Frozen Four. 

Three weeks ago we handled Denver.  It was a close game, but we were the better team, and Duluth plays a lot like the way we do.

I've picked Denver to beat Duluth but I expect a one goal game, two goal game at worst.

Handled Denver? What game did you watch? You must have missed the open nets they didn't burry.

24 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

LOLWUT?  UMass-Lowell was a solid club.  They would have given Denver a much better game.

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

The school with the D1 capable arena is neither of them in Illinois.

Having been stationed at Scott...I'd think SLU (yes, technically it's in MO) is more likely to get a team in the near future than any IL school. But only if the Blues are willing to share their stadium.

20 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Handled Denver? What game did you watch? You must have missed the open nets they didn't burry.

I watched the game that was actually played.

Shut down a team with a top 10 offense and top 10 power play.  I'd have to go back and look, but I recall reading that we held them to the lowest number of shots going back a year or more.

This is a team that hadn't lost since the Obama administration, and is crushing teams.  I didn't say we dominated them, but we were the better team that night.

• Upvote 1

Each of Denver's opponents have found themselves totally in over their heads.  Just basically shocked at the level of play and unable to adjust.  Sound familiar?  Ask Northeastern, Michigan and Quinnipiac how it felt. 

Duluth will not be in shock.  They are a veteran team and have been through the meat grinder NCHC.  They are used to playing in close games, and they have a lights-out goalie.  I think they've been lucky as hell to get here, and Denver is by far the better team, but I think it'll be close.  If anything, Denver might be the team that needs to adjust to an upgraded opponent, as they haven't really met a worthy adversary since they played UND.

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

LOLWUT?  UMass-Lowell was a solid club.  They would have given Denver a much better game.

UMass-Lowell is the greatest program to accomplish exactly zero.  I'm tired of hearing about how great UMass-Lowell is.  You might as well talk about the dynasty that is St. Cloud.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Called it.....Dawg-Denver final.....NCHC commish lovin' this!!!!.....I have relatives who are relatives with Keith Ballard's family...no blood to me.....They are true and true Gopher fans from northern MN....have followed college hockey for at least 50 years.....Have told stories about the 'cheap shots' taken by UND...It's all in the eyes of the beholder....

Get over it...and enjoy the game on Saturday....may the best (luckiest) team win!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

I watched the game that was actually played.

Shut down a team with a top 10 offense and top 10 power play.  I'd have to go back and look, but I recall reading that we held them to the lowest number of shots going back a year or more.

This is a team that hadn't lost since the Obama administration, and is crushing teams.  I didn't say we dominated them, but we were the better team that night.

I watched it too, we played a great game but we did not handle them. We were fortunate they didn't get any bounces their way in that game.