SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

49 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

An Idaho poster has confirmed that the Idaho AD is trying to get a WAC - Big Sky realignment to happen.  Idaho's president is not standing in the way of such a move.  As stated previously, the WAC is much more valuable conference than the Big Sky, MVFC, CAA etc, because it can grant FCS schools FBS status.  Schools like Liberty would pay big money to the WAC to get FBS status.

An Idaho message board poster is your source.? This is the same Idaho thats dropping back to FCS? So when is UND announcing the big move up?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

An Idaho message board poster is your source.? This is the same Idaho thats dropping back to FCS? So when is UND announcing the big move up?

UND will announce the move to FBS on the same day you blow a major gasket.  Strange how they can plan such an coincidental occasion.

Kennedy will deny a move to FBS with a WAC move , but then a major donation will suddenly appear, and all the sudden it's on.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

UND will announce the move to FBS on the same day you blow a major gasket.  Strange how they can plan such an coincidental occasion.

Kennedy will deny a move to FBS with a WAC move , but then a major donation will suddenly appear, and all the sudden it's on.

Yes!!! Can't wait for that 200 million dollar donation to roll in so we can break ground on this....;)

#it'son

stadium.jpg

11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

An Idaho poster has confirmed that the Idaho AD is trying to get a WAC - Big Sky realignment to happen.  Idaho's president is not standing in the way of such a move.  As stated previously, the WAC is much more valuable conference than the Big Sky, MVFC, CAA etc, because it can grant FCS schools FBS status.  Schools like Liberty would pay big money to the WAC to get FBS status.

Let me get this straight. An anonymous poster on an unidentified message board says that the AD of one school, out of eight needed, is "trying" to get a WAC-Big Sky realignment to happen, correct?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Let me get this straight. An anonymous poster on an unidentified message board says that the AD of one school, out of eight needed, is "trying" to get a WAC-Big Sky realignment to happen, correct?

Don't look to much into UND joining the WAC, it wouldn't be for long anyway. The WAC is just the route UND will be taking to get into the BIG 10, and after dominating there ... the SEC. :)

• Upvote 2

The WAC does need to do something to secure its future, how exactly it does that... well who knows.  CSU can't last that long as it is. Who knows if UMKC or NMSU decide to leave the WACky land

As for UND, I'm not as confident as I was on a move for Summit/MVFC, I'm starting to think they stay put. Its just too quiet on all fronts

On 12/6/2016 at 5:56 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So when does the next shoe drop regarding this whole conference thing. Got to think the Big Sky is wanting a quick resolution to all of this.

Tom Miller's best guess as to when we may hear something...

My best guess for UND's potential move to the Summit/MVFC/Big Sky FB affiliate is that it'll all shake out in February.

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Scheels Center badly needs wider aisles so the fat ass bizons can get to their seats without showing their asses to each other.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So Kolpack is admitting that scheduling in the Summit League is terrible. He says it:

Here are the days of the week in order of NDSU's home league games this season: Saturday, Thursday, Thursday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Saturday. Moreover, three of the Saturday games start at 2 p.m. and another at 4 p.m.

The Big Sky at least does Thu/Sat. 

Maybe the Bison should make a move to be with UND and have that predictable schedule he's looking for.

Just adding UND is no guarantee that the Summit will begin to schedule sanely. 

NDSU should go to a conference with a predictable methodology already in place. Seems that's what he really wants. 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

NDSU should go to a conference with a predictable methodology already in place. Seems that's what he really wants. 

Is schedule regularity a thing in MBB?  I guess I've never been much more than a casual fan, but other than the Big Ten-ACC challenge (made for TV) which always falls on the same night of the week, I sort of figured game schedules were unstructured if not completely arbitrary.

The old NCC was always Fri/Sat (travel partners, for example -- Fri: UND at USD; NDSU at SDSU, then Sat: UND at SDSU; NDSU at USD).

The Big Sky: UND was at MSU last night; UNC was at Montana; Saturday UND at Montana; UNC at MSU. 
http://www.bigskyconf.com/calendar.aspx?path=mbball& 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So Kolpack is admitting that scheduling in the Summit League is terrible. He says it:

The Big Sky at least does Thu/Sat. 

Maybe the Bison should make a move to be with UND and have that predictable schedule he's looking for.

Just adding UND is no guarantee that the Summit will begin to schedule sanely. 

No, the point is that you can't have that kind of regular conference schedule with an odd number of teams. On a given Thursday or Saturday night at least one Summit :League team must not be playing a conference game. Adding UND, or any other team for that matter, will allow a more regular schedule. NDSU moving to the Big Sky creates the same odd-number problem for that conference. 

12 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

No, the point is that you can't have that kind of regular conference schedule with an odd number of teams.

Obviously an even number of teams is more ideal, but you can still have a pretty normal schedule with an odd number of teams. The Big Sky managed to do it before Idaho joined with one Monday game a week, and every other game on Thursday/Saturday. I have no clue why the Summit has one of the strangest set-ups out there but it really isn't that surprising.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Is schedule regularity a thing in MBB?  I guess I've never been much more than a casual fan, but other than the Big Ten-ACC challenge (made for TV) which always falls on the same night of the week, I sort of figured game schedules were unstructured if not completely arbitrary.

The mountain west is wednesday/saturday every week.

28 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Obviously an even number of teams is more ideal, but you can still have a pretty normal schedule with an odd number of teams. The Big Sky managed to do it before Idaho joined with one Monday game a week, and every other game on Thursday/Saturday. I have no clue why the Summit has one of the strangest set-ups out there but it really isn't that surprising.

From an attendance standpoint, you on care about your home schedule. An individual school does have input into its home schedule, and can, by itself, create a more regular home schedule...if there are an even number of teams. It  can't if there is an odd number.