SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Bemidji State - FRIDAY GAMEDAY ********

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Wow.... You guys need to get the refs hookers after the way they called this game.

That was a terrible call that will probably decide the game.

See, that's the thing.  The hookers were last night.  

Always plan ahead. 

• Upvote 3

The penalty shot looked weak on slow motion replay but in real speed it looked like the slash may have caused his shot to go off course. Either way the refs would be criticized. The player should not have slashed him and then there would be no call.

maybe fitz was still a little loopy after the big hit

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Nice to work back into that win but I still have no idea how they called that penalty shot. I'll take it but I'd rather it be legit.

When Tim Hennessey interviewed him, Boeser even said he didn't think it was a penalty.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts:

Uffda Peski.....Suit tomorrow

I was 200 feet away, no comment on penalty shot.  

Cam came up big when he needed to.  He'd tell you he wants both of those back.  Clean looks on both.

IMHO....d pairings:  Poolman-Poolman, Ausmus-Shaw, Wolanin-Johnson.

Have a good night, need to find ice cream in Grand Forks for pregnant wife.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Thoughts:

Uffda Peski.....Suit tomorrow

I was 200 feet away, no comment on penalty shot.  

Cam came up big when he needed to.  He'd tell you he wants both of those back.  Clean looks on both.

IMHO....d pairings:  Poolman-Poolman, Ausmus-Shaw, Wolanin-Johnson.

Have a good night, need to find ice cream in Grand Forks for pregnant wife.

I thought Wolanin was out due to injury?

There were a few that questioned the poganski penalty shot last season. This and that are not even comparable. Bemidji got completely hosed on the call, and UND capitalized. Shame on the refs. Even my wife, who is usually pretty apathetic couldn't believe it.

Oh well, glad we won

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The penalty shot looked weak on slow motion replay but in real speed it looked like the slash may have caused his shot to go off course. Either way the refs would be criticized. The player should not have slashed him and then there would be no call.

maybe fitz was still a little loopy after the big hit

And according to the NCAA article last week, it is not a new rule, but an old rule being enforced starting this season.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/10/20_ncaa_focused_on_re-establishing.php

All of this was asked for by the coaches. Looked weak, but a good call... according to that article.

Edited by bigskyvikes
Added the link

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

There were a few that questioned the poganski penalty shot last season. This and that are not even comparable. Bemidji got completely hosed on the call, and UND capitalized. Shame on the refs. Even my wife, who is usually pretty apathetic couldn't believe it.

Oh well, glad we won

Not according to this.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/10/20_ncaa_focused_on_re-establishing.php

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Peski can not play tonight. If Wolanin can't go then give Chartland as chance.

Wilkie is starting to remind me of Murphy.....'nuf said.

Bowen was a healthy scratch. That's a head scratcher.

Maybe I expected more but still waiting for Jost to be terrific. To his credit great on faceoffs but I'm looking for more offensively from him.

Minus the softie Cam was really good.

Tucker is in a class by himself on the blue line.

Speaking of class by himself 16 was the best player on the ice by a wide margin.

Penalty shot was a gift IMO.

UND's on ice leadership won that game. Underclassmen need to step up tonight.

The grinder and taco combo from the RP stays undefeated at the Ralph so far this season.

You have to eat it again tonight....don't forget!

Anyone notice how BSU was the last to leave the ice at pregame warmups, and last to break the huddle just before puck drop? 

The last couple years I've kind of paid attention to that and someone usually makes sure that doesn't happen. Stetcher or was it Cags, would never have let that happen last season. Wonder if it's just cause we have no superstitious players this year?

52 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

And according to the NCAA article last week, it is not a new rule, but an old rule being enforced starting this season.

All of this was asked for by the coaches. Looked weak, but a good call... according to that article.

Perhaps BSU should've been awarded a penalty shot for our slash on their mini-breakaway.