SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Bemidji State - FRIDAY GAMEDAY ********

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

I'll speak for myself. I'm not casting doubt on UND. At all. At the same time, I'm not setting any expectations. Perception is based on past experience, and in this context, past experience (especially in the last few years) has formed a respectable opinion of Tommy S and the Beavs. It's reasonable. Call it farfetched if you must.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Kind of a tough crowd for a team that's the defending national champion, currently undefeated, playing at home, has out shot opponents 118-42, out scored opponents 15-3 and playing a team that we've lost to a grand total of 2 times EVER. I get it, they're good, but why are we expected to take a step back?

Other than "they're coming in hot" (so are we), "they play us tough" (so do we to them and we are more talented) and "Bitzer is playing well" (so is Cam), what are the reasons that we shouldn't be sweeping Bemidji? 

Honestly, no disrespect to the Beavs, but what the heck?! :D

sweeeeeep

• Upvote 1

I only remember glancing at it, but didn't Brad say UND hasn't swept Bemidji in 5 years?

Either way, I'm basing my prediction on how UND played against a couple pretty bad teams. These early BSU games have been known to show UND what it takes to grind out wins. I'd love to see us push the pace and pop a few in early. But, if that does happen, don't expect BSU to quit early. UND will be the better team by year end, no question in my mind.

1 minute ago, SiouxTupa said:

I only remember glancing at it, but didn't Brad say UND hasn't swept Bemidji in 5 years?

Either way, I'm basing my prediction on how UND played against a couple pretty bad teams. These early BSU games have been known to show UND what it takes to grind out wins. I'd love to see us push the pace and pop a few in early. But, if that does happen, don't expect BSU to quit early. UND will be the better team by year end, no question in my mind.

Yes, but we've gone 7-2-3 against them in that span. Also, BSU hasn't exactly played darlings, this year, either. BGSU was picked to win the WCHA, but is 0-3-1. NMU has won once. 

Again, I'm not really trying to say BSU can't beat us, but I'm only saying we SHOULD sweep.

10 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

I'll speak for myself. I'm not casting doubt on UND. At all. At the same time, I'm not setting any expectations. Perception is based on past experience, and in this context, past experience (especially in the last few years) has formed a respectable opinion of Tommy S and the Beavs. It's reasonable. Call it farfetched if you must.

I'm certainly not far fetched, but my perception is we are better than them and I've watched both play. 

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is EXACTLY what I'm saying. It's not a dog on BSU, it's a belief that we are the best team in the country.

I certainly won't be shocked if we drop one, I just don't think I should expect anything less than a win.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. Whew! I got that out of the way.