SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. RPI - SATURDAY GAMEDAY (hof game)

AZSIOUX

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Was wondering the same thing.  I think Berry keeps Pogo and Rhett together and keeps the Europeans together when Rhett gets back.  Could put Wilkie with the Euros and Olson with Pogo and Rhett. 

JJ and Hoff should stay together. Hoff is better at center than wing IMO. Problem is Simomson......play him where and with who?

Top line as is. 

Pogo Rhett Wilke....IMO Olson doesn't work here.

JJ Hoff and who? I'd go Bowen or Yon

Then Simo Olson with Bowen or Yon. 

• Upvote 1

Jost with Boeser and Gersich (top skilled line)

Gardner with Wilkie and Pogo (Wilkie is the natural replacement for LJ- both are pure shooters- goal here isn't just size and LJ wasn't huge)

Hoff with JJ and Simo (Euro connection worked- and Simo adds good responsibility and help in the faceoff dept if necessary)

Bowen with Yon and Olsen/Smith (loving the energy)

If we get a goal a game from each of the top 3 lines, we will win 30 games

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

JJ and Hoff should stay together. Hoff is better at center than wing IMO. Problem is Simomson......play him where and with who?

Top line as is. 

Pogo Rhett Wilke....IMO Olson doesn't work here.

JJ Hoff and who? I'd go Bowen or Yon

Then Simo Olson with Bowen or Yon. 

So what you're saying is:

Boeser-Jost-Gersich

Pogo-Rhett-Wilkie 

Joel-Ludvig-Yon

Olson-Simo-Bowen (Smith the next guy in)

Looks like a winner to me.  Wild card is Wilkie.  He's in the top nine as far as forwards go....but where is the best fit?  If the Euros keep playing well together that makes for three lines that could end up on the scoresheet. 

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Boeser-Jost-Gersich

Pogo-Rhett-Wilkie 

Joel-Ludvig-Yon

Looks like a winner to me.  Wild card is Wilkie.  He's in the top nine as far as forwards go....but where is the best fit?  If the Euros keep playing well together that makes for three lines that could end up on the scoresheet. 

Is there any chance the coaches throw smith in with Pogo and Gardner? I really liked his play, and have heard nothing but good things about him. Throw wilkie with the europeans, kick Yon back with Olson and Bowen, and sit Simo down.

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Boeser-Jost-Gersich

Pogo-Rhett-Wilkie 

Joel-Ludvig-Yon

I'm not sure Yon and Bowen should be broke up through either cuz they seem to play pretty good together

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Jost with Boeser and Gersich (top skilled line)

Gardner with Wilkie and Pogo (Wilkie is the natural replacement for LJ- both are pure shooters- goal here isn't just size and LJ wasn't huge)

Hoff with JJ and Simo (Euro connection worked- and Simo adds good responsibility and help in the faceoff dept if necessary)

Bowen with Yon and Olsen/Smith (loving the energy)

If we get a goal a game from each of the top 3 lines, we will win 30 games

Agree on the lines.  I would keep Olson out there on the fourth.  The way he's playing it would be interesting to see him go with Rhett and pogo.  Then putt Wilkie with JJ and hoff.  The way those two scandinavians buzz Wilkie would have a ton of space to get that shot off.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Agree on the lines.  I would keep Olson out there on the fourth.  The way he's playing it would be interesting to see him go with Rhett and pogo.  Then putt Wilkie with JJ and hoff.  The way those two scandinavians buzz Wilkie would have a ton of space to get that shot off.  

I was thinking along the same train- either the buzzing scandeheuvians or the big bodies of Rhett and Pogo, either way Wilkie gets some space to shoot.  My thought on putting Wilkie with the heavies is that the Scandy's will buzz regardless who is on the other wing, and it Simo's overall responsible game might be a good thing to back those two "wild and crazy guys" up if they get too Euro

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Boeser-Jost-Gersich

Pogo-Rhett-Wilkie 

Joel-Ludvig-Yon

TBS......Superstation Line....Boeser-Jost-Gersich

Heavy 2.0....Pogo-Garner-Wilkie

Line of Nations.....JJ-Hoff-Simo

Section 8 Line....Olson-Bowen-Yon-Smith

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

Is there any chance the coaches throw smith in with Pogo and Gardner? I really liked his play, and have heard nothing but good things about him. Throw wilkie with the europeans, kick Yon back with Olson and Bowen, and sit Simo down.

I like what I saw from Smith and think he would fit great with Pogo and Gardner. That would be one tough line to play against. Like everyone agrees, leave JJ and Hoff together with Wilkie and have Simo center the 4th line with Bowen and Yon. I would imagine Olson would still be in the lineup somewhere but I'm just not big on him. His skating holds him back.

• Upvote 1