SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Oh please don't worry about me but the "hockey-only fans" you frequently reference would probably appreciate it. 

Didn't realize once every couple months was that frequent. I have friends who only cheer for UND hockey. I've offered free football tickets to them, but they'd rather sit around doing nothing until the hockey game starts. They exist. Frankly, I don't care if they're upset by being referred to as hockey-only fans. My friends openly accept the title. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Didn't realize once every couple months was that frequent. I have friends who only cheer for UND hockey. I've offered free football tickets to them, but they'd rather sit around doing nothing until the hockey game starts. They exist. Frankly, I don't care if they're upset by being referred to as hockey-only fans. My friends openly accept the title. 

I have some of those friends as well......some FB only fans/friends too. Regardless each group is passionate about "their" team........their support on either side of the equation should be recognized not ridiculed but that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

One thing to consider for those seat chart watchers. The visiting team area is being held and appears sold out and I'm sure 99% of those tickets will get returned and opened up.

Out of the 500 available, usually 100-200 get purchased by the visiting team during the season. Section 217

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Here is the real douche comment. Stop trolling and add something constructive, will you?

How is that trolling? I bought Summit League Championship tickets a few years ago,  awful seats. Lots of good seats were available.  Ended up in the second row. My dad and I used to do that at Bison games quite a bit too back when they weren't selling games out. 

Students have great seats in the Alerus,  since they probably won't show up,  go sit there. 

54 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I know a ton of people going to NYC that would otherwise be at this game. The NYC game is not an ordinary away game. It's unfortunate that these are the same weekend. We just need to keep hyping up the game to everyone we know so we can keep the alerus loud!

Regardless, it's a non-conference, regular season game in early December. Not exactly a Regional or Frozen Four. I hope when (not if) we make it to Frisco for the FCS title in the next several years, there isn't a MH game at home vs. an exhibition team the same day. Otherwise, it will cut down on FB attendance for that game too. ???:glare:

PS: This message is aimed at people who will sit at home and watch hockey instead of getting out to the Alerus Center to support Bubba and the boys. Not people who made travel plans in advance.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

How is that trolling? I bought Summit League Championship tickets a few years ago,  awful seats. Lots of good seats were available.  Ended up in the second row. My dad and I used to do that at Bison games quite a bit too back when they weren't selling games out. 

Students have great seats in the Alerus,  since they probably won't show up,  go sit there. 

This is a 2nd round FCS playoff game, not a MBB conference tournament. Not exactly the same thing.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Regardless, it's a non-conference, regular season game in early December. Not exactly a Regional or Frozen Four. I hope when (not if) we make it to Frisco for the FCS title in the next several years, there isn't a MH game at home vs. an exhibition team the same day. Otherwise, it will cut down on FB attendance for that game too. ???:glare:

It's BC in MSG, hardly a exhibition game.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You do realize that most fans planned this trips months in advanced including vacation time, airlines tickets, hotel. Geez lighten up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

You do realize that most fans planned this trips months in advanced including vacation time, airlines tickets, hotel. Geez lighten up. 

I am aware of that. I am mainly aiming my angst at people who will sit at home and watch the hockey game vs. going to the Alerus to support our FB team in their first FCS playoff game. I amended my original message to reflect this. Bubba and his team deserve much better than 6 to 7,000 in the seats.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I was exaggerating to drive my point home. And I don't care who the opponent is or the location of the game, a first-half regular season game is not anywhere near as important as a 2nd round playoff game at home.

Because we play BC at MSG every year? I think both games are a big deal and it sucks that they happen at the same time. It's also a problem most schools will never have for their attendance. If the football team becomes a regular playoff team (which I think they will) people will anticipate that and schedule accordingly like they do for hockey.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

PS: This message is aimed at people who will sit at home and watch hockey instead of getting out to the Alerus Center to support Bubba and the boys. Not people who made travel plans in advance.

Amen 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Because we play BC at MSG every year? I think both games are a big deal and it sucks that they happen at the same time. It's also a problem most schools will never have for their attendance. If the football team becomes a regular playoff team (which I think they will) people will anticipate that and schedule accordingly like they do for hockey.

I have since amended my original comment to emphasize that I am not talking about people who made prior travel arrangements to go to NYC, but people who will sit at home and watch hockey instead of getting their butts to the Alerus Center to support Bubba and the boys.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have since amended my original comment to emphasize that I am not talking about people who made prior travel arrangements to go to NYC, but people who will sit at home and watch hockey instead of getting their butts to the Alerus Center to support Bubba and the boys.

Alright, I understand that 100%. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Attendance at today's games were horrible.  The two that stand out to me were

Youngstown -season ave 14500.   5000 today 

New Hampshire- season ave 11300.    2200 today.  

Jesus, are you sure? That seems awful low. 

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Attendance at today's games were horrible.  The two that stand out to me were

Youngstown -season ave 14500.   5000 today 

New Hampshire- season ave 11300.    2200 today.  

Thanksgiving weekend is typically bad.   The NDSU game in 2010 had like 12K. If UND had played at home this weekend I'd be surprised if they had more than 5K.

• Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Let me guess, this isn't trolling either? :silly:

Everyone takes a big nose dive. I think Appalachian went from like 25K average to 13k one year opening weekend. 

Maybe UND has something magical up there that no one else has though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2