SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

What do I think? Well, you've already read that I'm so-so on the name but given that the logo exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations. 

What I will say is this: I do enjoy waking up every morning and not waiting for the other shoe to drop. It seemed there was always the next story, blog, article, opinion thrashing UND about the old nickname. That's gone. Tthe "advocacy journalists" now have to find some other group to harangue. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

What do I think? Well, you've already read that I'm so-so on the name but given that the logo exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations. 

What I will say is this: I do enjoy waking up every morning and not waiting for the other shoe to drop. It seemed there was always the next story, blog, article, opinion thrashing UND about the old nickname. That's gone. Tthe "advocacy journalists" now have to find some other group to harangue. 

I'm just glad we didn't go with pipeliners or gorillas now.

I will say this out of the options presented  Rough Riders, Fighting Hawks, Nodak's, North Stars and Sundogs.. Fighting Hawks wasn't the worst possibility. Out of all the logo we could have gotten this isn't the worst either. That said I'm still not going to run out and buy any hawks stuff this second, but maybe when I need a new hat I'll get a fighting hawks hat.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

No it wouldn't have. You didn't like Rough Riders because of no ND ties. I don't see a lot of silverbacks from Sterling or Steele. You'd have failed it just for that. 

Yes, I would have voted for it.  Only way I wouldn't have voted for it over the other choices, is if people started claiming gorillas from North Dakota fought in Cuba alongside New Yorker Teddy Roosevelt. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Goon said:

I had to go to Scheels on Monday. I was chatting with one of the managers and I asked him if the Fighting Hawks merchandise was flying off of the shelves. His response was we're selling a lot of it. 

I'm wearing mine at work today and getting a lot of positive comments. I purchased two long sleeved shirts (black with with green and white logo, the other green with white and black lettering.) I also got two caps (a white one and a green one)... all at the UND bookstore.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

I'm wearing mine at work today and getting a lot of positive comments. I purchased two long sleeved shirts (black with with green and white logo, the other green with white and black lettering. I also got two caps (a white one and a green one)... all at the UND bookstore.

I was taking my kid to daycare on Tuesday and saw a couple of  kids wearing the new Fighting Hawks t-shirts. I think it's catching on. You see the new logo around town more and more.