SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

For sure!

15 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah who would buy used fighting hawk gear when no one wants to even buy it new! 

Hawks gear is only gaining ground because there is nothing else available to buy. Start selling the ND logo and that will outsell them hawks gear!

For sure!!!

14 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Clowns like you are why I don't come to this site too much anymore.  I think you might be an NDSU fan trolling us all, the SU on your screen name is telling.  STFU.  You are only hurting the University I love. 

Cry more bro. You are the one swearing on here lol. I was just stating what MY observation was versus one someone else made. Sorry that upsets you I guess lmao. FIGHTINGSIOUX was taken. You  must be new to the internet. sometimes, when the username you want is taken, you modify it a bit to still sound phonetically correct with a different spelling. If you need some help understanding that, you could use internet explorer, or bing to search how to use the internet. :).  By the way, did you notice the name of the website you claim to dislike so much that you infrequently visit.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Cry more bro. You are the one swearing on here lol. I was just stating what MY observation was versus one someone else made. Sorry that upsets you I guess lmao. FIGHTINGSIOUX was taken. You  must be new to the internet. sometimes, when the username you want is taken, you modify it a bit to still sound phonetically correct with a different spelling. If you need some help understanding that, you could use internet explorer, or bing to search how to use the internet. :).  By the way, did you notice the name of the website you claim to dislike so much that you infrequently visit.

Well said.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Well said.  

I think the fact that we all as fans argue about this so much, really just shows and means that we ALL have a lot of pride for our teams. And that's a good thing. We are a small, but die hard fan base and that's awesome.

10 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Well said.  

6 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I think the fact that we all as fans argue about this so much, really just shows and means that we ALL have a lot of pride for our teams. And that's a good thing. We are a small, but die hard fan base and that's awesome.

I guess I should have included an eye roll emoji on my post.  Go Fighting Hawks.  

• Upvote 1

I guess I should have included an eye roll emoji on my post.  Go Fighting Hawks.  

Ok, Chris. Yes, go fighting Hawks, hope we win a 'chip. but I am still going to wear my Sioux Jersey to the games. Try not to let it ruin your winter.

16 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Clowns like you are why I don't come to this site too much anymore.  I think you might be an NDSU fan trolling us all, the SU on your screen name is telling.  STFU.  You are only hurting the University I love. 

Sorry man.... this crap is also what is hurting our University.... 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

How has anything @ChrisUND1 said hurting our university?

It's not just him, it's the stuff he just said. Pointing at the other guy of the "aisle" and saying, you're wrong and you're dumb. If we all just settle the eff down and let each other have a flipping opinion, we'd all be better off. It's the constant polarization of the "Sioux Forever" and the "Hawks Only" groups that causes pain.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's not just him, it's the stuff he just said. Pointing at the other guy of the "aisle" and saying, you're wrong and you're dumb. If we all just settle the eff down and let each other have a flipping opinion, we'd all be better off. It's the constant polarization of the "Sioux Forever" and the "Hawks Only" groups that causes pain.

I've been away from this site for a long time.  Some things never change I guess. I came back for UND vs Nebraska stuff and saw this same, tired crap being posted again on this thread.  Guess what, there is no "aisle ", there is reality.  Fighting Hawks is the name.  I am the poster formerly known as "LetsGoSioux".  I remember the days when guys like PCM and Sprig posted here.  What a cesspool it has become.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Who exactly is in the "Hawks Only" group? I consider myself a Fighting Hawks fan but have absolutely no problem with anybody who chooses to wear Fighting Sioux stuff, as do many other people in this thread. The only problem I see if the "Sioux Forever" crowd who openly oppose the Hawks name. You'll find that Bison and Gopher fans feel the same way about the Hawks name as the "Sioux Forever" crowd. I'd argue one of these two groups does a whole hell of a lot more damage than the other.

I've been away from this site for a long time.  Some things never change I guess. I came back for UND vs Nebraska stuff and saw this same, tired crap being posted again on this thread.  Guess what, there is no "aisle ", there is reality.  Fighting Hawks is the name.  I am the poster formerly known as "LetsGoSioux".  I remember the days when guys like PCM and Sprig posted here.  What a cesspool it has become.

We've gone over this before, man. You're screaming into the wind. NO ONE disagrees with this. This is part of what is causing the divisiveness. Some people think the ones that don't like the name are all clumped into this group that have the fantasy that the Sioux name is coming back. This is NOT the case. The largest part of this crowd consists of people who just don't like the name/love Sioux too much to let it go and choose to avoid buying Hawks gear. The group of "it's the reality, get over it" constantly barrages the "Sioux Forever" crowd. Remember ... the middle is where most lie. 

I was here back then, too. It's basically the same LOL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We've gone over this before, man. You're screaming into the wind. NO ONE disagrees with this. This is part of what is causing the divisiveness. Some people think the ones that don't like the name are all clumped into this group that have the fantasy that the Sioux name is coming back. This is NOT the case. The largest part of this crowd consists of people who just don't like the name/love Sioux too much to let it go and choose to avoid buying Hawks gear. The group of "it's the reality, get over it" constantly barrages the "Sioux Forever" crowd. Remember ... the middle is where most lie. 

I was here back then, too. It's basically the same LOL. 

I just love and miss the old name. Thats all. I am not in denial about the name coming back. But I love my Fighting Sioux gear! I do WISH it could come back.. but yeah

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Who exactly is in the "Hawks Only" group? I consider myself a Fighting Hawks fan but have absolutely no problem with anybody who chooses to wear Fighting Sioux stuff, as do many other people in this thread. The only problem I see if the "Sioux Forever" crowd who openly oppose the Hawks name. You'll find that Bison and Gopher fans feel the same way about the Hawks name as the "Sioux Forever" crowd. I'd argue one of these two groups does a whole hell of a lot more damage than the other.

Fair enough. I clarified in my post just before this... it's not the "Hawks Only" group.... it's an anti-Sioux forever group. Basically a group of people who rip on Sioux Forever people and call them dumb/idiots/etc.

I've never seen what damage the "Sioux Forever" crowd does or ever has done. I've heard all the logic of why this group thinks the "Sioux Forever" crowd is hurting UND, but can never get anyone to show me a lick of proof about it. In the end, I think long term it'll just fade away and people will just let FH be the name and embrace it. The crowd that shouts at the "Sioux Forever" crowd for being idiots only causes those idiots to dig in deeper.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I use the eye-test as well, I definitely disagree. Everyone wears Sioux jerseys. Classics, knock offs, 2010 style etc. I barely see any Hawks gear - except from some newbies to the scene maybe. I am not calling you a liar, but last time I was there - just last season, I noticed the exact opposite of your observation... who knows. Boo fighting HAwks BOO.

I guess I was at the Ralph, no idea about the alerus. You are probably correct about the Alerus. I think once of the issues here also, is just that hockey as a sport and the fans are just more into traditions and things like that vs a lot of other sports.

@stoneySIOUX The only point I'm making is that between the "Sioux Forever" crowd and the "Hawks Only" crowd, one group does way more damage to the University than the other. I'll ask one last question and then I'll leave this stupid, dead horse beating thread. Do you think there is a better chance of somebody getting booed wearing a Hawks logo at the Ralph or wearing a Sioux head at the Alerus? I have been on the receiving end of one of these scenarios, but not the other.

Also, @stoneySIOUX I don't have a problem with you at all. My problem more so lies with the poster I quoted here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

@stoneySIOUX The only point I'm making is that between the "Sioux Forever" crowd and the "Hawks Only" crowd, one group does way more damage to the University than the other. I'll ask one last question and then I'll leave this stupid, dead horse beating thread. Do you think there is a better chance of somebody getting booed wearing a Hawks logo at the Ralph or wearing a Sioux head at the Alerus? I have been on the receiving end of one of these scenarios, but not the other.

Also, @stoneySIOUX I don't have a problem with you at all. My problem more so lies with the poster I quoted here.

No worries, man. I didn't think you did. Civil discussion is cool with me haha. That is a shame that that crap happens. Super stupid. However, I don't see what "damage" it really does to the University. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I was being funny... I see I have stirred up some controversy... lol "BOO HAWKS BOO" sounds so serious doesn't it lol

Just now, FightingSU said:

I was being funny... I see I have stirred up some controversy... lol "BOO HAWKS BOO" sounds so serious doesn't it lol

Yeah, that's not the part of your post I highlighted. I was more talking about the part where anybody wearing Hawks gear must be a new fan. It goes together with the idea that anybody who has been able to embrace the Hawks name, just isn't as passionate as the Sioux Forever crowd. 

6 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

It's not controversy, man. All sides just need to be less dickheads to each other. It's that simple.

We all cheer for UND.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Yeah, that's not the part of your post I highlighted. I was more talking about the part where anybody wearing Hawks gear must be a new fan. It goes together with the idea that anybody who has been able to embrace the Hawks name, just isn't as passionate as the Sioux Forever crowd. 

Fair enough